Sounds

Sounds

 

 

The curtains were dropped and were covering the big french window, blocking every possibility of seeing through them. The room was sunken in an intense calmness and the only source of light was a single, yet almost put out candle, that was standing on the table in one of the dark corners. The silence was terrifying and making the darkness even more misterious. For a twist of fate was heard a deafening thunder and drops could have been heard on the window. If you were to listen more carefully, you would resemble them to a cry for help. It was like they were trying to escape from themselfs, from their true nature. It was like they wanted just for a moment to be something more meaningful than some simple raindrops.

The despair that the melody was making from the useless rain could drive someone insane. And in a moment everything went silence.

The rain was continuing to pour, but the raindrops had already found their meaning and let the cold air caress the window. The intense calmness, which was spreading in the room just minutes ago was now replaces with something incomprehensible. Even the silence and the darkness were cuddled together awaiting something to happen. And the everything died completely, enchanted by what was about to happen.

Gentle sound filled the whole room. It was like they were promising that the greatest thing in life was about to happen.

In the center of the room was a big piano, and on the chair that was infront of it was sitting a small man. You couldn't quite see his face becouse of the darkness. But that didn't bug him. He continued to move his hand on the keys and continued making amazing sounds. He was like petting the keys, which made them let out the most beautiful words which someone has ever heard. If someone was to look at the scene in that very moment he would probably say that the man and the piano were having a conversation.

But under the mask of wonderful sounds that have filled the room the madness could be seen. Madness that had seized the man, who wasn't stopping petting the keys and creating the beautiful melody. Madness that was able to make everyone forget their nature and stare in something far away. Far, just like the piano, sitting in the centre of the room; just like the man who was giving him a gentle sensation with every touch and just like the intoxicating melody which was made by them.

The tension was back in the room, probably saying that the end is nearing. And it was. You could feel the conversation between the piano and man was slowly begining to end and that soon everything was going to sink in silence again. One could feel that the music was about to give its place to the madness and the room was going be embraced by something way scarier that the calm melody.

The forgotten candle in the corner was nearing its 'death' and was about to leave the room in complete darkness.

And yet again everything turned to the man and his last touches of the piano keys. The music stopped in the moment that the candle went off, both of them leaving just the tension as a proof for their poor existance.

The fingers of the pianist remained on the keys and he himself didn't move an inch after he stopped playing. He didn't even move when the rain started to hit the window again, proving that the madness which was brought by the melody was allready embracing the despair of the raindrops.

The tense calmness hit the silence, making everything forget what happened before minutes and the darkness absorbed every remaining memory from the room and sinked it in gloom.

''Wookie." A small sigh, resembling the wind's breeze spread across the room and every emotion turned itself to the small man in front of the piano. Without a warning his fingers started moving again, like they were trying to avoid some memory, to avoid the beautiful man with a deep voice that stood outside in the rain watching the pianist from the window, and again started to play with the instrument. The music absorbed the intire room, only this time everything let itself be absorbed by the madness, coming from the gentle and beautiful noises that the piano was making.

 

End.