Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster


As I was opening my locker door. I spotted a cookie wrapped in red plastic lying atop my pile of books. I carefully reached out for it and gasped when I recognized the familiar cookie. I couldn't prevent a grin from gushing forth. This was my favorite cookie. It was unlike the cookies usually bought from convenience stores. This cookie was more brittle and hard. It had sprinkles on top and I always enjoyed nibbling it.

I looked left and right, hoping to spot the person responsible for this. Yet again, I was disappointed. I could never catch that person, no matter what I do.

Unknown to everyone except me and my best friend, I have regularly been receiving cookies on a daily basis. Every day a mysterious person would leave a cookie on my locker. Each day the cookie was different. However, after that day that I happily devoured my favorite cookie, the pattern changed. The person would now leave me that cookie and an additional one, which differed everyday. At first I was hesitant to consume the cookie. Who knows if it was poisoned or something. But, after a while, I felt that it was a waste, so I ate every single one of it.

On one particularly fateful morning I was late. I found the usual cookie inside my locker and due to time constraints, I only took a bite. Little did I know that action would change things.

Every time I did that whenever I was late-since food was not allowed inside the classrooms-the cookie disappears. I return to my locker to find it gone. I searched every nook and cranny for crumbs that may tell me that rats or ants may have taken it, but I found none such clues. I began to find this weird.

I then tried experimenting. There were days that I would just take a bite off the cookie if it took my fancy. I tried to watch for the person to come by, but I always missed him or her. It was a really odd action. After some time, the shikshin in me suddenly awoke and I ate the cookies whole. My best friend kept on reprimanding me, "Cookies are one of the five food that can reduce life expectancy significantly. Unnie, you will die young." She kept on trying to stop me. Her efforts were, of course, futile.

Then, on one morning that I intentionally allowed my self to be very tardy, the cookie monster came. She probably was wondering why the cookie was still untouched. I crept up behind her and tried to figure out who she was. I had an quite a vague idea, but I was not one to jump to conclusions. So, I turned her by the shoulder and confirmed my suspicions.

"What have you been doing with my cookies?"

"Uh, uh, uh.." She was speechless.

Then, I suddenly noticed that there was an assortment of cookies inside her bag. I finally pieced the clues together.
I hastily pulled her bag and emptied it's contents into my locker. Her eyes widened and she tried to hide the cookies. Seeing that it would not make any difference if she kept on covering the cookies, she moved her hands onto my eyes and covered them instead. Too late, I had already seen it.

When she realized that I had already seen it, she quickly put all of the cookies inside her bag and was about to run. I gripped her wrist tightly to prevent her from escaping.

"Wait, are you the one who has been giving me cookies?"

She nodded.

"Why?"

She was clearly hesitating whether she should answer or not. "Don't you remember during the first day of classes? You said you loved cookies, but only one particular kind."

"You still remember that?" I was utterly amused.

She timidly nodded and looked at her feet.

"Thank you!"

She had an incredulous look drawn on her face and she carefully lifted her head to look at me.

She looked so cute that I couldn't prevent a chuckle from escaping my lips.

She suddenly looked hurt and again faced the floor. She must've thought my thank you was meant as a joke.

"Hey, I'm serious, thank you. You know, those cookies were the best part of my day. It was something that I looked forward to everyday that I went to school. I can't believe you went through the trouble of finding my favorite kind." I suddenly felt shy too.

She finally looked up and showed me a sincere smile. Her smile was so beautiful that I believe it should have been included in the seven wonders of the world. I unintentionally blushed, but felt encouraged with her smile.

I felt bold enough to hold her hand and intertwine it with mine. I then gave her a kiss on the cheek and we walked together to class. Ever since that day, the cookie monster never appeared again-though I would still continually receive cookies on a daily basis, sometimes even accompanied with flowers or beef.

-------

A/N: was that creepy? or sweet? You be the judge. If you're wondering what happened to the cookies, I'll leave it to your imagination. Oh, do you people think I should make a PM list? Any feedback is well appreciated. You may correct my grammar or any other errors if you wish to. I'd be glad if you did. My aim is to make the fics as clean and understandable, so it would help a lot. Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Min-min

PS: who's POV do you think this is? In my mind, it was Yoona's.