Moving

Getting Revenge on Jiyeon

 

 

 

The last two weeks of eighth grade were vile. Someone smashed spoiled naengmyeon through the vents in my locker so that everything I owned stunk. A person in my language class smeared glue on my chair. No one talked to me, but everyone was whispering about me behind my back. People left mean notes in my books, and the janitor stopped even bothering to clean my locker door, since every time he did, someone else would write snitch across it. I stopped eating lunch in the cafe after someone spit in my food. So, for the last two weeks of school I sat in the back of the library during lunch and pretended to study. During gym class someone dumped my clothes  on the wet shower floor so I had to wear my gym uniform for the rest of the day. I cried every night. My parents talked to the school administrators, who said there was nothing they could do. I would have to "ride it out".

My mom tried to convince me that it would be better next year and I would make friends, but I wasn't buying it. The way i figured it, high school would be worse. Instead of having one hundred fifty classmates trying to make me miserable, I would have seven hundred. Unless you counted the other grades, in which case I would have a thousand people dedicated to making my life hell. I was certain that my reputation as a rat spread to ever school across town.

My parents are huge karma believers. Actually, they're also huge believers in many other stuff like: chi, feng shui, etc.. They believe in everything from the Buddha to fairies. Most of the time I shrug off what they say. They kept telling me that somehow things would just magically work out and the universe would take care of things. My dad was offered a job in New York. Thank god for karma.

From the time school ended until at the end of July. I didn't hear from Jiyeon once. I guess she was too bust focusing on mastering the perfect cartwheel to say good bye to her best friend. She might have forgotten all about me, but I certainly never forgot about her. Not for a single day.

 

 

**Sorry if this chapter is short. :C. Thanks for reading**