Let's see...

Let's Dance

 

Aria growled in frustration as she hastily flipped the map around and around.  How hard was it to find one measly dance room?  Muttering under her breath, she peeked into a dance room that was pumping music steadily through the door.  Seeing younger looking dancers with numbers attached to parts of their bodies she grinned.  She had found the trainees!  Unintentionally, she had actually been looking to find the f(x) group first, but who cared?  She opened the back door and slipped in, blending in with the rest of the staff quite nicely. 

She immediately noticed how stiff some of the trainees were dancing and frowned, rummaging through her papers to see if there was a reason behind it.  Ah!  Mr. Lee had made a tiny side note on the map.  Trainees only wear numbers every other week so they might think they’re being evaluated.  Which they are, kind of.  So they might seem tense.  Made sense.

Silently, she made her way into a corner, where she spent the next thirty minutes carefully judging the group.  It was one of the largest practice rooms according to the map, probably because both boys and girls were inside practicing.  She watched as the dance instructors made them go through routines and taught them new steps, stopping every now and then to fix some errors.  All in all, she was pretty impressed by some of them.

There were two young twin boys that had bodies that just seemed to flow endlessly into move after move, step after step.  After a minute of carefully scrutinizing the pair she concluded that they would need to work on popping so that their dancing would be cleaner and accent certain areas.  A couple other dancers caught her eye as well and she quickly put all their numbers into her phone so that she would remember them later.  The one who stood out most was a small girl that danced in the back, barely noticed by the other dancers. Aria had spent ten minutes watching the young girl.  She noticed how the girls’ dancing would be precise and intense as certain areas were practiced, but as soon as the dance instructor stepped back to watch them dance the whole routine through the girl’s movements would become duller, shyer.  It was almost as if the girl could outdance everyone in the room, as long as she was sure no one was watching.  Aria frowned and walked towards the dance instructor as soon as he called for a lunch break.  The trainees all relaxed, and began heading towards the back to pick up their things.

“Hello,” Aria bowed, “Mr. Lee sent me here to watch the trainees dance.  I was wondering if I could ask one of the trainees to dance for me?”

“Of course!”  The dance instructor’s eyes crinkled as he smiled and Aria immediately liked the man.  It was obvious he cared for the wellbeing of all his trainees, and wished the best for them.  “Which one?”

Aria scanned the crowd, that had begun filing out the doors and jogged over to the small girl she had been watching.  She tapped the girl’s shoulder and the girl turned around, eyes wide and nervous.  “Hello there!”

“U-um, hello!”  The girl stammered, bowing quickly and deeply.

“I was wondering if you would stay behind for a moment to dance the routine for me one more time?”  Aria smiled gently, and ignored the sudden hush that had gone through the room.  All the other trainees had stopped moving and were watching Aria and the small girl talk. 

“S-sure?”

“Great!”  Aria grinned, dragging the girl into the center of the room.  She stepped back, nodding at the dance instructor to play the music.  Her grin quickly became a frown as she saw the girl’s dancing become reserved under the stares of her fellow trainees.  “Stop the music please!”  She waved her hands frantically at the dance instructor to cut the music and walked over to the girl again.  “What’s your name?”

“P-park Hee-sun.”

“Well, Park Hee-sun, I want you to dance like you do when you think no one’s watching.  You want to become a kpop singer and dancer, right?”  The girl nodded quickly.  “Then show me.  Prove me right that I picked you out of all the others because I saw you dancing in the back with all your heart.  Take a deep breath, ignore everybody that’s watching, and show me what you can do.  Got it?”  Aria watched as a determination filled the girl’s eyes and grinned.  “That’s my girl.  Show me.”  Aria stepped backed again and cued the music to start again.  This time her grin grew wider as she watched Hee-sun dance the whole routine.  It was precise, flowing, and intense just like Aria wanted it.  When the music ended she clapped and ran over to the girl to hug her.  “Good job.”

“T-thanks!”  Hee-sun was panting but obviously happy that Aria had praised her.

“Every time you dance pretend it’s the last time you’ll ever get to dance.  Don’t dance with shyness.  Be bold, okay?”  Aria patted Hee-sun’s head as she nodded.  “Good, head to lunch then.”

“Thank you!”  Hee-sun bowed deeply before jogging off to join her friends, who were already hugging her and congratulating her.

Aria just smirked before bowing to all the staff and dance instructors and waving goodbye.  As she headed out of the dance room she checked her schedule again.  Trainees and artists had different lunch time so that they wouldn’t collide and overflow the cafeteria.  She hissed as her glasses began slipping off the bridge of her nose.  They irritated her sooo much!  Pulling out her favorite pair of sunglasses out of her pocket, ray bans, she took off the cheap fake glasses and switched the two, sighing as her eyes adjusted to the darkness.  She gave her eyes a moment before turning back to the schedule.  She wasn’t very hungry and she never ate lunch, a habit developed from her dieting, so she quickly spotted a group that would be practicing their dancing.  SHINee?  Had she read that right?   Had they practically named a group shiny?  So weird…. Eh.  She wasn’t here to comment on their group names anyways.  Rotating her neck, she smiled grimly as she heard the distinct cracks.  Maybe she would be able to get a break to stretch?  That sounded very nice…..