Hyoyeon's broken heart

Her broken heart

He had promised her his love. His eternal love. Forbidden by the SM family to date, Hyoyeon had accepted her fate. They were in love, or as it seems, she had been the one in love. 

As she saw the tweets flowing in about his scandal with IU, Hyoyeon felt her heart crumble. How could he? After all those years that we have risked! We risked everything to be together. They were the perfect couple. The underrated ones in both their groups, the King and Queen of dance. They were meant to for each other.  Or so Hyoyeon thought. 

There has to be an explanation. A feasible one, not some lousy story about IU being sick. Hyoyeon wasn't ready to believe the story. After all the times she had been sick since they became friends, he had visited her less than she can count on her hand. He always had the dumb excuse that they would be caught, somehow. Hyoyeon continued to stare at her hand, and that's when she noticed the drop of tear that she had wiped away.  He had promised to wait, to wait until we were free to date. Every stolen kiss was now being questioned by Hyoyeon; how could she trust him? None of their bandmates knew. Sure, they were suspicious, but they never delved too hard. Maybe they knew, maybe they didn't, but they were willing to keep it quiet, as they believed there love to be true love, an undying love. 

How could I be so stupid? She had noticed the change in him, as early as SMTown World Tour in Seoul. When he avoided her eyes on stage, when he ceased to be playful, she had thought it was just a facade to stave off any suspicions. And when they did the MaxStep MV shoot, her heart raced everytime he was nearby. Maybe it was all my imagination. Maybe he never loved me. Yet he had smiled at her, capturing her heart over and over again, as they danced to their heart's desire. It was what they had always hoped for, a collaboration between the two of them. Specialist HY. For HYoyeon and HYukjae. But as she stared at IU in her pajamas and a topless Eunhyuk, her intact heart was no longer. Rather it was replaced with a hollow heart bleeding dry. She wanted to call him, but that meant admitting to him that she didn't trust him, that she doubted his love. What do I do now?! 

Because I'm naughty naughty! Hyoyeon nearly jumped off the bed, but held herself stiff. It was his ringtone, the one he had chosen because he was "Mr. Simple". Mr. Simplebecause he could only love me. "Youboseyou?" 

"Hyo... We need to talk."