Chapter 1

Another Chance

A teenaged girl woke up groggily and went to shower and put on her school uniform. This girl was Lee Ji Eun a student at Seoul Academy Of The Arts. Her uniform consisted of a white shirt, a black skirt with a red checkered pattern and a cobalt blue jacket. She met her parents and twin brother in the dining room for kitchen. Her twin brother Junho, wore the male version of Ji Eun's uniform, where the skirt was replaced with gray pants. Both of them study music as their art major. Their school was an art school, students who attend the school were either aiming to get into music, designing and writing courses in collage.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNo_u8tE5EBgZM-X_XeJQ
 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0wjWEKJMUQF2DyI92EVm

Ji Eun's mom handed her a bowl of cereal and Ji Eun ate it happily. After twenty minutes, the twins got ready to leave for school. The twins picked up their bags, a blue one for Junho and a pink one for Ji Eun. The bag had the academy's name and crest sewn on it and every student was required to bring it everyday. The twins left their house and walked to school. A boy of the same age was waiting for them outside their home. He looked like an American at first look, but he's actually not. He was Son Dongwoon, a good friend and neighbor of the twins. He lived to the left of their house.

"I can't wait for next week!" Said Dongwoon excitedly.

Junho laughed while Ji Eun smiled. Next week was a special day for all the students, as it was showcase week. The students needed to showcase what they had learned during the past three months, it was currently April right now. The showcase happens every three months as a special test for the students. Like Ji Eun and Junho, Dongwoon too studies music. 

"Me too, but I'm pretty nervous." Said Ji Eun.

"Ji Eun, I'm sure you'll do great. You always do." Said Junho.

After another five minutes the three friends arrived at their school. They joined their other friends at their lockers. Most of their friends that already arrived. The group consisted of Yang Yoseob, Ahn Sohee, Lee Taemin, Choi Jinri "Sulli", Kim Kibum "Key", Kim Jongin "Kai", Woo Hyerim, Cho Kyuhyun and Seo Joo Hyun "Seohyun". They were good friends of Dongwoon, Ji Eun and Junho except Taemin who is a cousin of the twins.

"Good morning." Said Sulli.

"Good morning everyone." Said Ji Eun.

"Oh yeah, I heard that we are going to be having new students coming today." Said Kyuhyun.

"How do you know oppa?" Asked Sohee?

"I overheard the Principal saying it when I was about to deliver some papers to him." Said Kyuhyun.

"Hyung, you know their names?" Asked Yoseob?

Kyuhyun shook his head and the bell rang. The group headed to class together.. They all had the same homeroom, because the school arranges classes not according to age but the course you take. Their homeroom  belonged to the students that took music and fashion design. There weren't many people taking fashion design this year and Key was one of those taking fashion design. The others majored music.

They entered their classroom and took their assigned seats. Shortly after their teacher, Mr Park arrived and started the class.

"Class, we will be having two new students joining us for the rest of the school year. They just transferred here from an American school. I hope you will welcome them warmly. Please come in." Said Mr Park.

Two students entered, one male and one female. The female was about half a head shorter than the male.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jason Jung immida." Said the male.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Amelia Jung immida." Said the female.

The other girls in the class squealed gushing over how cute Jason was. The twins shared a look and stared at Jason. It wasn't unusual for students to transfer in or out of the academy around this time, but what caught the attention of the majority of the class was their surname, Jung. Why? Because, the Jung Family owns the academy and the principal is also a Jung.

"Welcome both of you to our class. Jason you will sit with Jongin and Amelia you will sit with Sohee." Said Mr Park.

Kai and Sohee raised their hands. Jason and Amelia took their seats next to Kai and Sohee respectively.

"Annyeong, I'm Ahn Sohee." Greeted Sohee.

"Annyeong, I'm Kim Jongin but you can call me Kai." Said Kai.

Jason and Amelia smiled and acknowledged their greetings. After another fifteen minutes, the bell rang and the class for up to leave for their next class. Mr Park had written Sohee, Kai, Amelia and Jason excuse passes for the next hour, so that Kai and Sohee could show Amelia and Jason around the school..  The duo brought the two new students around the school for the next hour and started bonding with them.

After the tour, the four had to separate. Amelia went to the fashion design studio for her class, as she took fashion design. Jason on the other hand had a composing class since he took music, while Kai and Sohee had dance choreography, since they both took dance as one of their subjects.
 


In Amelia's class...
Amelia entered the studio and was greeted by her teacher, Miss Yoona. She was excused from next week's mini test, since she just transferred here. The students were to present what they had been working on for the past three months. While the other students were busy making their clothes, Miss Yoona decided to use the time to look at Amelia's work. She look through Amelia's sketches and complimented them. Saying that she could see that Amelia had worked hard on them.

Amelia decided to take a look at her classmates's work. She stopped at Key's work, and stared in awe. Key was amazing, his designs were simple but comfy.. You could tell just by looking at it, the materials and designs blend in very well. Key designed a cerulean blue dress with a sliver belt, light blue heels and a silver dolphin hairpin. The dress itself was plain, but the skirt was designed to be slightly wavy. This makes up for the lack of patterns.

"This is really good." She said.

Key's face lit up. "You really think so?"

Amelia nodded. "I love the way you were able to harmonise the colours, fabrics and design into something like this."

Key turned slightly pink. "I not that good, I still have a long way to go."

Amelia laughed. "We all do."

Key agreed with her. They continued chatting with each other forming a firm friendship. They exchanged designs and discussed about mixing their designs. They continued talking until the end of class. After that class was lunch and Key offered Amelia to eat with his friends. But she declined, as she had to meet Jason. Amelia then met Wooyoung at the rooftop with several other people wearing the same uniform. They were the grandchildren of the Jung Family. The group consists of Jung Jinwoon, Jung Sooyeon or also called Jessica. Jessica's younger sister Jung Soojung also called Krystal and finally Nicole Jung. There was another Jung grandchild but he had already graduated and was working in their grandparents' company. The rooftop was their secret meeting place, no one other than them knew about it.

"It's about time you two arrived." Said Jinwoon.

Amelia rolled her eyes. "Next time we'll come earlier."

The others laughed.

"You know it's been a while since we've all met up like this." Said Nicole.

"I know, we should do this more often." Said Krystal.

"Don't we do this everyday?" Asked Jinwoon?

"What they mean is, we cousins meeting up and having fun." Explained Jessica..

Wooyoung raised his eyebrows. "How is this considered fun?"

"Doesn't talking with everyone make you feel and ease and it bonds us tighter too." Stated Amelia.

"I suppose you girls do have a point. Anyway have you guys prepared for the showcase next week?" Asked Jinwoon.

"My group is nearly finished with our preparations. But we still need to host the event though." Frowned Krystal.

"Why do we need to host it? Why does it need a host anyway?" Complained Jinwoon.

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Like the name suggests, it's a showcase and all showcases need a host because they are a type of show."

"And besides, it's not like you need to host it everyday. We will be taking turns partnering up to host it. After all, this school was set up by our grandparents." Said Nicole.

"Amelia and Wooyoung are involved too right?" Asked Jessica.

Wooyoung and Amelia nodded. The Jung family were the only ones that called him by his real name, Wooyoung. But in school everyone referred to him as Jason. He didn't want to be called Wooyoung in school, since he had an unfriendly experience with his former friends when he was younger, that were also attending the academy. Throughout the lunch break Wooyoung didn't talk much, he was thinking about two people. Two people that he used to be very close with, but not anymore.


Ooo... Who do you think Wooyoung is thinking about? I think it's pretty obvious.

Also you might have noticed that I've referred Wooyoung as Jason as well. Jason will only be used in school as well as people talking about Jason, this applies to indirect speech as well. Wooyoung will only be used outside of school and when Wooyoung is not with his friends. The reason why it is this way will be revealed later.


Subscribers and comments are loved. Thank you to those who have subscribed. Don't be a silent reader! Also I don't own any of the pictures used!