My Guardian Angel

My Guardian Angel

 

 Ji Eun is sitting in her seat, waiting for him to appear. She’s just sitting, hoping he has the courage to face the thousands of people in this arena. Finally, she hears the music start and him starting to appear. She also hears the thousands of fans screaming his name.

[Flashback]

Ji Eun got a call at about 3:30 in the morning from Jiyong.

“Ji Eun! You HAVE to come down to the dorm. Now! It’s an emergency!” Jiyong said, obviously in a state of panic.

“Why, what’s the matter?” Responded Ji Eun, sensing the fear in his voice.

“It’s…it’s Daesung. He’s been in an accident.”

Ji Eun didn’t bother replying. She hung up the phone, grabbed her license, keys, and house slippers, and ran out the door as if her life depended on it. Well, it did. Daesung was her best friend since they were in diapers.

She drove as fast as she could without breaking the law and finally arrived in front of Big Bang’s dorm 10 minutes later. She ran to the door, entered the passcode she memorized since the day Big Bang moved into the dorm, and ran inside.

She entered the dorm to find Big Bang and their managers sitting on the floor and looking very gloomy.

“What happened? Is he ok?!?” Ji Eun ran to Jiyong, who was sitting on the floor with his back leaning on the couch. His head was down and when he looked up the face her, she was shocked. He was crying.

“He’s…” Jiyong paused. He didn’t know how to describe what Daesung must have been feeling, what all of YG family was feeling. He continued with, “He…think he killed someone.”

Ji Eun was speechless. She knew Daesung’s personality like the back of her hands. She knew he was going to blame himself for the rest of his life and there wasn’t anything anybody can do about it.

“He just got home from an interview with the police. He’s in his dorm but he won’t come out.” Taeyang said solemnly.

Ji Eun looked over towards Taeyang, whose eyes were swollen. She nodded and stood up slowly. She slowly made her way to Daesung’s room, and tried opening it, but it was locked.

“Daesung?” Ji Eun said quietly, but loud enough for Daesung to hear.

No response.

“Please? Let me come in.” she said gently.

Slowly, the door knob turned and the door opened. Ji Eun walked into the darkness that was Daesung’s room, and closed the door again.

Daesung was on his bed; his bed sheets soaked with tears. He was lying down with the blanket covering his entire body. She simply lied down next to him and hugged him. He turned around, so that they were facing each other. She started singing him his very own song.

♪ Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry. Someday you’ll surely shine, give me your smile. Baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry, baby don’t cry. One more time just for me, give me your smile. ♪

When she finished, Daesung’s breathing was light and steady, showing that he was now asleep. She slowly got up and covered him with a blanket and left the room. Closing the door quietly, she stepped outside to the rest of the members.

“He’s asleep now.” She mentioned quietly. It was quiet for a minute before she got the courage to whisper, “What happened?”

One of the managers sat up a little, implying to everyone else that he would be the one to tell the story.

“He was on his way to his parents’ house.” He started.

Ji Eun sat there for an hour, listening to the horrifying events that took place next. She sat still, and when the manager finished, she didn’t move. She couldn’t move. She started crying. She didn’t care who saw her crying. Everyone understood. Seungri, sitting next to Ji Eun, hugged her and pushed a box of tissues towards her.

She didn’t know what to do. How could she make her best friend feel better after what’s happened? She decided she’s not going to do anything except comfort him. That’s all anybody can do. In the next few months, YG has been a pretty gloomy place without Daesung around. He was always either in his room or volunteering at his church, which Ji Eun thought would be the best place for him at this time.

Two months before the YG Family Concert 2011 was to take place Ji Eun was sitting in Daesung’s room, talking with him about his worries for the concert. He was starting to smile, but not like he was before.

 “What if fans think I’m a murderer?” He asked quietly.

“Listen. I’ve been reading some stuff your international fans have written about you all over Youtube. They want to see you again. They want to see your smile. They support you. Do it for them, yeah?”

“How do you know they really mean it?”

“Have you seen your Me2Day recently?”

“No. I’m too scared at what they write.”

“International fans have even signed up for a Me2Day JUST to write on your latest post. They wrote all sorts of encouraging things, some in English; some in Korean. What hurts you will only make you stronger. Unless…you know…they throw a giant dictionary at you or something. Then it won’t. But you know what I mean.”

Daesung cracked a smile. He nodded.

“I’ll do it and work hard for the fans that have stood by me.”

All of a sudden, the door opened wide to reveal TOP with a huge smile.

“Remember how Sajangnim told us we were nominated for the MTV award for best worldwide act?”

“Yeah."

“We won! We won!”

Daesung stood up and hugged TOP. Jiyong showed up seconds later, expressing how important this was to them. “I can’t believe we won. Out of everybody on the poll, I would have thought Britney Spears would have won.”

Daesung and TOP’s hug turned into a group hug. Ji Eun snapped a picture while they were in their moment. Not too long ago, Big Bang was shedding tears of sadness. Now they’re shedding tears of joy. Daesung broke his hug and ran over to Ji Eun and hugged her tightly. He whispered, “Thank you. For everything.”

[End of flashback]

The song started. His single, Baby Don’t Cry. The fans were all singing along to Daesung. She was smiling the widest she has smiled ever since she found out about the incident. Her best friend was finally where he needed to be.

When he finished, she couldn’t help but do it. She ran past security (who were too focused on the concert) and ran on stage to hug him for all that he’s accomplished. Security personnel were going to drag her off stage until they realized: Daesung was hugging her back. Daesung broke the hug and did the most daring thing he has done by far. He grabbed her and kissed her on the lips. She put her arms around his neck and kissed him back. At first, the audience was shocked. But then the rest of YG Family (including Papa YG) came on stage and clapped for them both. The couple broke off the kiss and hugged everybody. Everybody came together for one group hug, and the audience was now clapping. Daesung finally found his guardian angel at a time of need.