Chapter 9

Coffee
Then suddenly Hebe grabbed hold of the gun from the closest guy, she ran a few metres closer to Ella, she pulled the trigger and BANG, then everything became a blur.

Ella’s pov*
A light shone into the room, I tried hard to wake up from what I had just seen. I sat up and leaned against my pillow. I wiped off the sweat beads across my forehead, I was shaking, and that dream seemed so real. Was it real? I pinched myself to make sure, its hurts. It was a dream, I’m alive. I rose from my bed and headed towards the bathroom, I need to get dress, it nearly 9 o’clock. I looked at myself in the mirror, and then cupped a hand full of water to wash my face. It felt calming, that dream was a nightmare, and I should hurry up and finish off before things get out of hands like that. Hebe wouldn’t do that right? The goose bumps on my arms started showing again; I rubbed my arms to make them go away. This must have been the result of thinking too much lately.
End of pov*

Ella drove to the work place and then she eagerly went in to change before anyone noticed she was late.

“Hmm someone’s late today” Rainie said standing at the restroom entrance

“Hahha yeah I sort of slept in, pretend you didn’t see anything” Ella said as she hurried into the restroom

After Ella changed she came out to take the orders, then she saw Hebe come out of the storage room, Ella avoided eye contact she pretended she was really busy. The dream Ella had felt so real that she felt like she was about to sweat just looking at Hebe.

“Hey Ella can you pass me that?” Hebe asked pointing at the bundle of straws.

Ella quickly grabbed them and moved it across the bench without answering or looking at Hebe.

For the whole day Ella kept as far as possible from Hebe. It worked fine until after work.

“Hey Ella, are you avoiding me?” Hebe asked as she was waiting for Ella to come out before shee locked the door.

Ella thought for second, “No” Ella said hesitating

“Because it seems like it” Hebe said trying to get eye contacts with Ella

“Really? I don’t think I am” Ella answered feeling she wasn’t doing very well at lying this time.

“Okay maybe it’s just me” Hebe waved goodbye and left

It has already been a week and still no progress, Ella tried thinking hard of another plan, the previous plan wouldn’t work well at least Ella was too afraid of what would happen if she continued. Her new plan will have to work this time. Ella took her mobile out of her pocket and dialed a number.

“This is Ella”

“What can I do for you?”

“I need to find some good men, send me a few”

“Okay they’ll be right there”

“Bye” Ella ended

The guys entered the room in a perfect singular line, dressed in black suits.

“Hmm good” Ella said standing up from her seat to walk over to the guys. Ella walked pass each guy and examined them.

“You” Ella said stopping at a good looking guy

“Yes Miss?” He said stepping out of the line

“What’s your name?”

“Aaron Yan”

“Good… you think you can carry out an important mission?”

“Yes”

“Well go change first then meet me out the front”

“Yes Miss”
Aaron went to get change into his casual clothes and came out to the car to meet up with Ella

“I want you to help me retrieve an item from a person; you think you can do that?”

“Yes”

“You’re going to start working at coffee with me, take this and read it”
Ella said handing Aaron the file with the plan.

“I’ll do my best Miss”

“I’ll head there first and you drive there after me”

Ella arrived at the café, the other two were already there they were doing their usual morning work. Ella walked straight into the change room while they were busy and then she came out to say hi.

“Morning”

“Morning Ella” they both greeted one after the other. Then came in the guy Ella was expecting, Ella grinned to herself.

“Hi, my name is Aaron Yan, a new employee here” he greeted walking towards them with a polite but handsome smile.

They both stare at the handsome guy looking back at them with a gorgeous smile.

“Hi” Aaron said to Ella

“Hi” Ella greeted back

“His sooo cute” Rainie whispered to Hebe, Hebe smiled back at Rainie.

“How come we haven’t heard anything about this?” Hebe questioned

“It doesn’t matter, we need more hands right?” Rainie said excitedly

“Come Aaron I’ll show you what to do” Rainie said dragging Aaron by her side.

“I think maybe Hebe could help me, since she has more experienced” Aaron sugguested

“Sure” Rainie said suppressing her jealously

“Okay if you put it that way, I’ll show how to take orders, then later on you can make coffee too” Hebe explained

Ella watched as her plan was going well, it looked like there wasn’t like much time till her plan was about to meet success.

“Hey Ella can you help me carry this?” Rainie asked passing Ella the coffee cups that were used. Ella hurried over and took the cups to allow Rainie to have free hands again. Ella took the cups away and put them in the dishwasher before coming back out to serve other customers.

“Excuse me” a customer called out to Ella
“Yes what can I do for you beautiful?” Ella said smiling her usual luring smile

“Can I this sweet top cup?”

“Of course, I’ll be quick”

“I’ll be waiting” she said giving Ella a wink

While Hebe was still preoccupied by the new employee, she was talking with Aaron about the café and about herself.

“Hey Hebe can you make a sweet top, thanks”

“Sure” Hebe answered and then she spontaneously finished the order

“Thanks” Ella took the cup and came back to the customer with the steaming cup

Hebe kept her eye on Ella; Ella gave the cup to a girl near the window side. The girl held onto the cup with both hands, though there was something more going on as Hebe could see from a far. The pretty faced girl was touching Ella’s hand as well, she didn’t let ago for a quite a long moment.

Hebe felt a absurd flame that built up quickly, she kept her stare on the girl.

“Hebe?” Aaron called at Hebe

“Hebe” Aaron repeated

“Huh??” Hebe answered confusedly

“What are you staring at?” Aaron asked looking at Ella’s direction

“Nothing”

“Oh Ella? She lloks like she would have many admirers” Aaron said

“I know” Hebe blurted

“Alright I got to get back to work” Ella excused from the conversation she was having with the pretty girl.

Ella turned around and found Hebe staring at her but then her attitude suddenly changed, she started to cheerfully talk to Aaron. Was she trying to make her jealous Ella asked herself but she let it go.