« Actually, I find you really cute. »

Imagine.

____It started a few month ago. I just had been informed that I had been accepted as a trainee in the cube label. For me, it was the beginning of another life, a new start. Finally, my dream of becoming a singer came true, with a simple casting that I thought was terrible. In fact, it wasn't that bad, if I had been selected ! I didn't know anything other than that it will be a band, of seven members. It was scary as hell, because I never had many friends, even in school. And I was afraid that they would not like me, that they would reject me... What if I was bullied by my own members ? But I had to pass out this fear to make a good member, a good singer, and a good idol.


____I was happy, even if these fears were here. I hoped that everything could be amazing since I started a whole new life, in a whole new world. Everything that I always dreamt about was just in front of me now, and I had no right to spoil it with stupid frights about friendships or these kinds of creepy things.
 

____This day was the D-Day, because, even if we all were training, we didn't met yet. Before being a group, in a dorm and all, we were all just trainees. And we trained a lot, until our boss said we were ready to come out from the dark ! Actually, I didn't feel as ready as they all said we were. I was the maknae apparently, maybe it explained that I was overstressed with all of that. We would debute less than in a month, and my frights were coming back with it.

 

____When I entered the room, there was nobody else than the annoying tick tack of a clock in the back of the practice room. Yes, they wanted us to meet in the practice room. Maybe it was to remind us that we had to work hard, and all together, as a band. I hoped that they were all kind or caring, otherwise, I could die right here. I was lying on the floor, waiting and thinking by myself when the door opened. I stood up within a second, standing in front of the new comer. 


 

" A-annyeong, Yook SungJae imnida.. " I said, stammering at each word I was saying because of my awkwardness.

" Hi, I'm Shin Peniel " the american-looking guy-said to me, laughing a bit. It made me feel even more shy.

" I... I .. no speak... english ! " I said with a pityfull accent, hating myself for trying to speak in english.

 

____This guy, called Peniel, laughed one more time, making me blush even more. What was with him, after all ? He was laughing each time I was talking. Maybe because I was stammering... Oh, what was going on with me ! Because of my idiot shy personnality, he probably found me really stupid ! I took a deep breathe, bitting my lower lip.

 

​" Wh-what's so funny ? " I asked, confused because of his attitude.

" Actually, I find you really cute. " he simply replied, as if it was the most obvious thing of the world. 

" M-me ? Cute ? Ah... Th-thanks.. " I said, turning heels, but in fact, I had nowhere to go, and he noticed it.

" Where are you going ? I'm a member of your band, and I'm here for the meeting too ! " 



____I came back to him, pouting a little, and I bowed, talking as fast as could, trying to not hem and haw.

 

" Sorry for being weird, fellow ! I hope we will be good friends and that we'll share good moments all together ! I'll do my best to not disappoint my members as a good maknae ! Please accept my excuses ! "

 

____He looked at me a long time, his eyebrows arched to finally laugh hard, a thing that made me feel a bit nervous and silly.

 

" Well, don't worry Sungjae-ah, with me, you don't have to be afraid that I don't like you or anything else ! We're already friends now ! And I'm pretty sure you're going to be the cutest maknae ever " he said, giving me a bright smile that made my heart flip a little.  

 

___I was going to explode right now, but fortunately, the door opened again, and a few guys that were around my age entered the room, followed by our director and also the man that would become our manager. We all bowed at our boss, and new manager. They explained us all the rules of being and idol, as if we didn't knew them already, with all these things they said during our trainee days. Then, they asked us to introduce ourselves to the other members of what would create our band. A little bunny face stood up, smiling like a little kid that just had bought candies.

 

" Annyeong ! My name is Lee Minhyuk, I'm really happy to meet all of you, fellows ! I hope we will be all good friends and all have good time together ! And I hope we'll hit the spot with our comeback ! Thank you all for accepting me as a good hyung or dongsaeng ! " he said, talking as fast as I did a few minutes ago, but I had to admit it : he was really cuter than me. A little puppy ! I was sure I would like him. 

" Hello, everybody ! From now, I'm your leader Eunkwang ! I'm sure you'll all be good boys and will listen to me good ahaha ! Otherwise, I'll eat you alive guys " the tall guy said, laughing by himself. He looked so cool and relaxing, I was already pretty sure he was a good leader. 

 

___A good looking guy just stood up, walking like a cute gangsta, and looked at us with his puppy eyes.

 

"What's uuup guys ! I'm Ilhoon and I will be in charge of the rap in the band, and I'm also good at dancing ! I hope that we will all be good friends and brothers to each other, and helping our members if it is necessary ! I'm sure we will all give our best to our debut ! I'm happy to finally meet you guys ! " he said, sitting again while another guy was going to introduce himself.

 

___This boy looked so funny and cute with his chubby face, and I finally found myself really common looking next to all of them. When he talked, his voice was nasal and high pitched, I was going to burst of laugher, but I restrained myself, he was just too cute that we wanted to be friend even before we knew him well.

 

" Hehe, annyeong fellows ! I'm Changsuuub ! Well, I like speaking a lot, and I'm a really funny lad, so I hope you'll not find me annoying or anything, kekeke ! And, I like having fun times even if we have to work hard, so I hope you're all ready to laugh with me keke ! I already love all my members, you're so friendly ! " he just sat down, smiling as if he just saw the most beautiful woman in the world.

" How cute. " Said a really handsome boy, introducing him as well. He was Hyungsik, and as he explained, he was a «dance machine» ! He looked fun, and also had a lot of confidence in himself, a thing that envied a lot to him.

 

___Only two of us were left to introduce ourselves. Peniel and me. He looked at me with a deep glance. We stood up together, and I bowed to excuse myself. But he sat at the same time I was doing it. Funny... for the other members only. I was already blushing, but I took all my courageous hidden side and I introduced myself.

 

" ANNYEONG. " I shouted, noticing that everybody blenched at my word. " Oops.. Hum... I'm the maknae, ehe ! I'm in charge of the cutness, don't I ? But you're all cuter than me here... " I saw Peniel shaking his head negatively, and I tried to stay concentrated. " And I hope you'll all be good to me, and I'm happy to finally have good friends.. I never had a lot, so thank you for accepting me as your maknae everybody !!! "

 

___I bowed again a long time, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I watch to whom was the hand : Peniel hyung was smiling to me brightly, maybe it was saying : just sit down, you fool, it's my turn. But in fact, I only saw a lot of kindness into it. I bit my lower lip, and sat down with a little shy smile.

 

" Hello, fellas ! I'm Shin Peniel ! " We all frowned at his words, in fact I was relieved that I wasn't only one who had difficulties with english. " I'm the american-raised of the band, and I hope to help you with english if I can, and I need your help as well in korean, if it doesn't bother you ! So guys, let's be all good friends ! " he shouted, raising his fist.

 

___We all did the same. When we finally knew each others, the boss and our manager glared at us a long time, and they shouted " BTOB ". We understood that it was our name, and we all looked at each others. I didn't know why, but my head turned instinctively to ¨Peniel. Also, I noticed he did the same. I was going to faint, he gave me a deep look, smiling at the corner of his lips.

 

___And that's like this that BTOB's story started, and that's like this that I knew my only love without knowing it already. Shin Peniel.