final

Photo

 

"Umma, who is that boy in the picture?" my son Jikyung asks. I hurriedly hid the photo between the pages of the book i'm holding.

 

"That's someone I used to know son. Nevermind." I kissed him on his forehead and he just shrugged his shoulder before running back to the park. This is also the park where I used to play during my childhood days. I was about to read again when I suddenly saw my husband approaching us so I just hid back the book inside my bag.

 

"Hello Dara.. Where's Jikyung?" my husband Jiyong asked me. He kissed me on the lips before I point to him where our son is. I sat at the swing while he push it slowly.. "So how was your day with Jikyung? Did he cause you with a lot of trouble today?" he asked me..

 

"It's fine. Hmm, Jikyung have been very nice today as usual.." I said while waving to Jikyung who's waving at us too. "How about you? How's work?"

 

"We've been very busy today. You know Seungri right? Well he caused another trouble today but because of TOP hyung we manage to fix it.." He sighed. He really look so tired so I stood up and hugged him..

 

"I'm sorry Ji if I can't help you with your work or anything.." I mumbled whil still hugging him tightly..

 

"Yaah.. You know it's okay. Besides, I told you to become a fulltime mom. I wanna work harder for the both of you. Just thinking of going home and having you and Jikyong wait for me is enough to take all my worries away.." he said while giving me light kisses on my head. We were both like that for a couple of minutes until I felt someone tugging my shirt. Ji let go of me and kneeled to the level of Jikyung..

 

"How's my little dragon? Come here, give appa a hug.." he chuckled when Jikyung excitedly hugged him tight.. He stood up carrying our son..

 

"I'm fine appa! I got a star in our class today! And I also helped umma bake the cake that we are going to give to you!" Jikyung said and after a couple of minutes, he suddenly glanced at me.."Ooops. I'm sorry umma.." I just laughed at him and said it's okay.. Jiyong just looked at the both of us with a questionning look.

 

"It was supposed to be a surprise. Jikyung kept on asking me to bake your favorite cake.."I said to answer Jiyong's look. I smiled at Jikyung who still have a worried face. We are now walking towards our car while Ji is still carrying Jikyung. Jikyung sat beside me at the passenger seat while Ji drives the car..

 

"Ohh my little dragon's a sweet boy ehh.." Ji said while ruffling our son's hair.. Jikyung still have a worried look.." Don't be sad anymore Jikyung.. Appa will just pretend to be surprise when I see the cake how's that?"

 

"You will? Ohh okay!" he said and he is now back at his birght attitude. When we arrived at our home, Jiyong as promised looked surprised when Jikyung showed him the cake for our dinner. And just like the other days, we ate like what a family should. After fixing everything, I went to our room to take a shower while Jiyong stayed with Jikyung for awhile. When I was finished, I saw Jiyong seating at our room's balcony so I approached him there. I hugged him from the back..

 

"Hey.. Is he sleeping already?" I asked him and he just nodded.. He seems to be thinking about something.."What's the matter?" I worriedly asked him. He just looked at me for awhile..

 

"Jikyung told me that he saw you looking at a certain photo of a boy.. Dee, I also saw you looking at that photo too for a couple of times already. I got curious on who is that but you kept it hidden.. Would you please tell me who's that boy?" He asked me. I guess it's time for me to tell him what has been bugging me this past years..

 

"Promise me that you wouldn't be mad at me okay?" He looked hesistant but he still nod.

 

"When I was eight years old, I always play at the park where I bring Jikyung. One sunday afternoon, I saw this photo of a boy by the swing. It's kinda weird I know but I think I fell inlove with that boy by just looking at his photo. He is my first love. He looks so cute wearing his cap. He looks a year older than me.." I stopped trying to sense if Jiyong's mad or something but he just told me to go on.. "I really want to meet him so what I did was visit the park everyday trying my luck to see him but I failed. I've been doing that for almost 9 years. My parents decided to move back to Busan so my hope of meeting him died down. I still promised myself that when the time comes and I finally meet him, I promised that I will marry him but then I have met you and everything changed. I forgot about the idea of marrying him but the feelings are still here. Sorry Jiyong but I don't know how to stop loving that boy in the photo. There's just something with his eye and smile that makes my heart flutter. Are you mad?" I let go of him and made him look at me. He just had this look full of mixed emotion. I can't tell if he's happy or sad or in pain or something. "Hey hubby.. You mad? I'm sorry okay.. I still love you more than that guy in the picture." I said then I tried to give him a kiss but he looked away so I ended up kissing his cheeks.

 

"I'll sleep now with Jikyung." He started to walk out of our room.

 

"YAAAAH!" I threw a pillow at him.

 

"What was that for?!" He said shocked.

 

"Ohh that? That was for being jealous over a boy whom I never met. Oh my God Jiyong, why are you acting like that? You are now my husband but why are you being jealous?!" I can't help but shout at him. I think this is the first time we fought over a small thing. He was about to say something when Jikyung opened our door.

 

"Umma..Appa.. Are you fighting?" Jikyung asked sleepily. He looked at me then to Jiyong. I hurriedly walked over him then hugged him. Jiyong too hugged him.

 

"Ani.. Umma and I are just talking about something.." Jiyong said..

 

"Is it about the boy in the photo? Because I heard mom saying something about the photo.." Ji carried our son to our bed and the three of us sat there. Jiyong just nudged me.

 

"Aniyo Jikyung, we're talking about something else.. Baby you must be sleeping right now.." I helped him lie on our bed, he lied in the middle but he is hugging me with his back on Ji.

 

"Ohh okay umma. I just thought you were talking about the boy.. Don't worry umma it was just appa when he was a kid. I saw appa's photo when he was a kid and he looks like the boy in the photo." Jikyung said while slowly drifting to dreamland. Ji and I looked at each other with the same thought in mind. "What is our son talking about?" Ji and I both just shrugged our shoulders. After a couple of minutes, our son is already sleeping. I slowly removed his hands around me and Ji and I went to the balcony to talk things over..

 

"So.." I started saying..

 

"So.." He copied me..

 

"Aren't we going to talk about what our son just said awhile ago?"

 

"About me being that kid? We're not going to talk about it if you won't let me see the photo.." I puffes my cheeks. Gaah! I have no choice so I just took the photo out of the book i'm reading.

 

"Here.." I handed it to him and his eyes suddenly went wide.. O___O .. "Yaah! What's happening to you?" I worriedly ask him.

 

"Babe, this boy here..." He stopped talking and glanced over me..

 

"What? You know him?"

 

"I can't believe these..We are fighting over this kind of thing? God! Why am I being jealous over myself?" He said chuckling then he suddenly hugged me tightly. He started giving me light kisses too..

 

"Yaah! I can't understand.."

 

"Dara, the boy you fell in love with, the boy who is your first love, the boy whom I got jealous is just ME! That photo was mine. I am that kid. I lost that photo when I was a kid at the park.." Okay, WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?!

 

"Are you kidding me Jiyong?!"

 

"I'm not babe! I didn't know I was really hot back when I was a kid. Ke ke ke. Imagine you falling inlove with me back then. Aigoo!" Jiyong teased me while I just hugged him in return still trying to digest all the revelation. Gaaahhh! I can't believe I married my first love! Aigoo! What a sweet surprise life has given me! :)))