Heechul was bored

Heechul was bored

 

It was one of those days when Heechul felt bored and could not find anything interesting to spice up his day. He was bored and everyone knew it means trouble. Suju have been camping in the studio since early morning and he grew agitated by the smallest thing and the tiniest sound. Hangeng who was excused at the moment due to another engagement added to Heechul’s anxiousness.

 

He sighed again as he slumped himself onto the couch waiting for the cue. Leeteuk, Yesung and Kangin were sitting with the sound engineer working on the song; EunHae couple was busy in their own world oblivious to Heechul’s annoying stare; Siwon and Sungmin were discussing some boring stuff with their manager while Kyuhyun was sitting at the corner with his phone so close, enough to cover his face. The rest of the members were nowhere to be found.

 

Heechul was twiddling with his pen when his line of sight caught a glimpse of a deep frown on the youngest member’s face. His eyes were fixed on Kyuhyun when he saw the other bit his lips and tormented himself with the small device; a character rarely appeared on the snarky guy. Heechul quickly assumed that Kyuhyun was deleting and writing the same message again and again.

 

The devilish guy inches closer to the other end, trying to figure what was his band mate was up to. Then from his distance he heard Kyuhyun let out a frustrated sigh and started to touch his neck which Heechul interpreted as a sign of nervousness.

 

Heechul continued observing the other guy as his mind wondered endlessly. Then when Kyuhyun sighed again for the 5th time in a minute based on his counting, Heechul stood up and slowly sneaked closer but in the most subtle way; Kim Heechul’s way. Kyuhyun who was too engrossed with his phone, didn’t notice the predator was on the move and continued looking down on the small screen.

 

Then in a split second just like all those animal documentaries where the predator attacked their prey, Heechul snatched Kyuhyun’s blackberry from his hands.

 

“Hyung! What are you doing? Give it back” Kyuhyun yelped loud enough to be considered a shout. He stood up and instantly chased the older guy in panic. But unfortunately him, Heechul always came with the best strategies of pranks as he sneaked into the recording room and locked the door from inside.

 

Everyone’s attention was on the two, staring at the usual calm and quiet Kyuhyun flustered in rage, banging on the door as if his life was depending on it. On the other side of the glass wall, it was clear that Heechul was enjoying the moment, scanning the phone with a devilish smug and a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. A glint everyone afraid off.

 

Then Ryeowook came into the room with the producer “What going on?”

 

Both Leeteuk and Kangin shook their head and shrugged “Have no idea” Yesung answered.

 

“Heechul got bored I guess” Donghae offered out of nowhere, earning everyone nod including the sound engineer and the producer. Kyuhyun was still standing in front the glass wall, cheeks in crimson red as he continued banging the door. Seconds later, Heechul raised the poor device in his hand and gleefully showed the small screen toward Kyuhyun.

 

“Hyung don’t you dare!” Kyuhyun screamed even though he knew that there is no chance for the other could hear him from inside the sound-proof room.

 

Then with a wicked grin curved on his lips, Heechul pressed the send button and saw Kyuhyun faltered to the ground in a thud.

 

Heechul opened the door with a satisfaction smile while Eunhyuk rushed to the scene and pulled up Kyuhyun to sit on the couch with Donghae by his side fanning Kyuhyun using one of the tabloid magazines lying on the floor.

 

“I’m just helping you make the decision. You should treat me lunch you know” Heechul squeezed himself next to Kyuhyun who was still gaping in disbelief.

 

“What happened?” Leeteuk, as a true leader pulled a chair and sat facing the two.

 

Seeing Kyuhyun was pouting and refusing to talk, Heechul assisted in the explanation “Kyuhyun was about to ask a certain someone out for dinner. But he was hesitating forever and I was just helping out to press the send button.”

 

“Who?” the room broke into a loud buzzing as everyone asked excitedly at the same time. Eunhyuk was the only one feeling sorry for their maknae blushing state, patted Kyuhyun on the shoulder.

 

“No one!” Kyuhyun replied defensively with a visible pout.

 

Suddenly the device which was still in Heechul’s hand beeped. Everyone jumped to their feet as Kyuhyun tried to retrieve his phone. Again he was no match for Heechul who started to read the message loudly. “I would love to. From Song Qian”

 

“Victoria?!” the others exclaimed in disbelief. Seconds later then everyone broke into loud cheers and claps.

 

“Victoria? The new trainee” Ryeowook asked for confirmation; knowing well that the new Chinese girl had garnered lots of attention lately. He was just surprised Kyuhyun was daring enough to make a move. He did expect Zhou Mi hyung to come up with something, but not Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun was too stunned to replied and slumped himself onto the couch again. Then slowly a sweet smile formed on his beautiful crafted lips “Yes.”

 

The room was still buzzing with small talks from the rest when Heechul s his arms around Kyuhyun “Now, let me teach you how to impress a lady” he said with such a mischievous smile, feeling accomplish getting rid of his earlier boredom. Besides, now Hangeng might give up on the new girl.