Salty Coffee

Salty Coffee (revising)

Sungyeol stared out of the window. He was sitting in a café waiting for Soo Min to show up. He looked at his phone for a hundredth time. She’s late. Maybe, she was just…playing me… he was thinking that when Soo Min hurriedly walked into the café. Sungyeol immediately felt guilty for thinking that. He looked at Soo Min and blushed. Even looking at her made him react this way. He had a crush on Soo Min for a long time. He couldn’t believe his luck. He had a coffee date with her. He was expecting to get rejected.

Soo Min looked around and her eyes settled on him. Her face immediately brightened. She walked over and sat down. She was wearing cute light blue shorts and a white t-shirt that said: ‘Live and Live’. “Sorry I’m so late, I slept in.” She apologised. “No! I’m fine. I’m er…I liked waiting for you…this way I had more time to think about you…” he blurted out. He immediately blushed when he realised what he said. Stupid Sungyeol! You literally told her that you were having dirty thoughts about her and you like it! “Um…I didn’t mean it in that way.” He said as he meantally slapped himself. They settled into an awkward silence.

Sungyeol's thumbs fidgeted over and over and Soo Min was drumming her nails on the table. Ugh! This is so awkward….God! Do anything to help me out of here!!! This is so… her thoughts were interrupted by a waitress. “What would you like ma’am?” “A cup of coffee. Thanks!” She replied. “And you sir?” The waitress turned to Sungyeol. “I like a cup of  coffee as well please." The waitress nodded her head and left without saying another word. 

After sitting there for about 5 to 10 mintues of an awkwad silence, the waitress came back with their order. "Anythng else?" she asked. "Yes I would like some salt in my coffee please." He replied without thinking. He said it really loud and now everyone in the café was staring at him. “Um salt? Do you mean sugar?” The waitress asked.  “That’s right! Salt instead of sugar!” the waitress nodded, turned around and walked away.The people in the café went back to their business. He turned back to Soo Min and found her staring back at him.

“What?” he asked.                  

"You want salt instead of sugar?" she asked.

Sungyeol blushed in  embarrassment and awkwardly laughed. "Hehe...yup."

"Why?" Soo Min asked.

"As a child I grew up near the beach. I loved playing in the sand and swimming in the salty waters. Whenever I have salty food or drinks, I think of home. My grandparents, my brother, my friends. I wish I could go back but I'm so busy with school, I have no free time to visit them." Sungyeol pouted. Soo Min nodded her head as the waitress gave Sungyeol some salt. He thanked her as she handed him the salt. Soo Min watched him carefully as he added some salt. Sungyeol caught her looking at him and asked, "Wanna try?" Soo Min nodded her head as he added some salt in her coffee. At first Soo Min was scared to try but then had the guts to drink it. 

"Its...not bad. Its actually really good." Soo Min said happily. "You have a good taste in drinks, hehe." Sungyeol smiled and laughed. 

After a while of getting to know each other, Sungyeol's dad had texted him. 

Dad: YAH! WHERE ARE YOU?

Sungyeol didn't reply and looked at Soo Min with an scared expression on his face. "Something wrong?" she asked. "No, I just gotta go home. See you around?" Soo Min nodded and waved 'goodbye' to Sungyeol before he left.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys! I hope you all liked this chapter :3 sorry if you don't like it or for whatever reason. I know this chpater is like werid o.0 but i tried my best to make it good. Please comment and subscribe :) Bye! ~ eun_sun