The Fated Day

~*☆Living with the Memories of You☆*~

I miss you awfully. Do you remember the day we met? Our fated day.


The rain showers of the clouds lightly fell down onto the quiet streets of the isolated concrete jungle. The street lamps illuminated the road with a soft yellow light on this silent winter evening.

Jonghun sat down on a simple wooden bench like he did every evening and picked up the stray cat that had been following him. At first, he thought that the cat was a ghost of some kind, catching his eye in the light his fur reflected the warm yellow light, shocked that his fur was actually a sleak, beautiful black.

The cat was obviously deprived of food, constantly mewing and whining, Jonghun took pity on this little cat abandoned in this quite large and very harsh world. In some situations different from this cat, Jonghun was fed up, and currently taking a walk from the vast pile of school work dumped on him by teachers. 

It wasn't that he was a bad student, quite the opposite, Jonghun was quite literally the prince of his middle school. 'The Reserved Prince' was the nickname given to him due to his shy nature.

The 'reserved' prince acheived grades that studying wouldn't be able to grant you, athletic ability far superior to any sports captain, good looks, popularity and a comfortable home life with a generous father, a kind mother and an adorable sister who looks up and idolises him, who wouldn't want such an easy life?

But that was the thing, keeping up with this facade of lies was dragging him and his dreams down. His occupation immediately was to become a CEO just like his successful father, his wife chosen from the elites, his house in an elite area.

Inside, he was tired of this already, none of this was what he wanted. He dreamed to pursue music, to sing like the birds that flew freely in the sky, but no one asked him what his dreams were. Assuming, that he loved every plan for the future that his parents set for him, the so-called friends were jealous, the family were happy and everything was okay.        

"It's NOT!" Jonghun screamed at the top of his voice. There was no one around to hear it anyway, the words just echoed and disappeared, exactly like his dreams. Slouching on the bench, he the cat with care, Jonghun felt unusual amounts of sympathy for this cat. He made up his mind and took the little black cat home with him. 

"I won't name you for now, lets just call you little cat. You can find your own name, okay?"


The High School that Jonghun attended was an escalator school, so not many people transferred or had the opportunity to do so. Of course, he was an exception, after his family moved back to Seoul, he decided to live his meaningless life and enjoy it. Determined to change his personality and knock off the reserved in his title. He created an entire different character to live as for the rest of his life. This person called Choi Jonghun will be the person that everyone wants and expects from him. Little Cat looked at him with inquisitive eyes, watching his transformation. 


In the second year of Jonghun's high school life.

"Kyahhh" a bunch of random girls from the same high school screamed, "Oppa, Sunbae-nim, you are sooooo, handsome today!"

Jonghun scanned his eyes around the crowd of his fans that welcome him to school every morning without fail. There. Right in the centre was where his friends were stuck, pushed around and being loved by teenage girls.

"yah. seunghyun-ah, minhwan-ah. Where's hongki?" 

Jonghun shuffled around in the huge and nauseating crowd. Hongki was his best friend, the one that understood his personality was forced, seunghyun and minhwan were a year below, but after being labelled as the 4 princes they got along quite well.

"JONGHUN!"

Hongki appeared from the middle of nowhere.

"Dammit, where are you?" 

Then his eye caught an oddly placed arm flailing about and more excited screams.

"ah, there" with his princely act switched on, he immediately started dazzling with sparkles shine lay brightly around him. "Ladies" he spoke charmingly, "may I grab hongki?" He smiled brightly and like dominoes the girls fell in rows after seeing the smile. Quickly, he grabbed hongki called for the others and ran.

"Goddamn, are you stupid?! Why would you go into the middle of crowd!"

pffft. Without knowing it, all four of them burst out laughing..within minutes all of them fell onto the floor. "Made it through another morning!" They shouted in unison. They fell silent and stood up to go to class

Jonghun suddenly went to the opposite direction.

"yah. Where do'ya think your going?!" They shouted after him.

"hahaha, ditching! History first, forgot the homework and I hate the teacher! See'ya at break!" All of them grinned, it was amusing to see a star student ditch class.


He ran along his hidden garden path, quiet and soothing due to the absence of students in class. The wind blew a warm summer breeze, dropping some leaves  of a large tree to the ground. This one place was a blind spot in the school. Where no cameras or teachers could snoop, or annoying high pitched girls could squeal at him. This was his safety, and of course he took great caution when reaching there.

This was the perfect weather to nap, as if he had planned it. But the spot had been taken. TAKEN?! Someone knew his comfort zone? Jonghun peered in closer. A boy who seemed to be younger than him slept comfortably resting against the tree with a blanket and a book over his face. 

" 'Scuse me? Erm, that's my spot." But it seemed the boy had not heard, Jonghun repeated, this time slightly louder and clearer, but it had no affect so he repeated it, each time louder than before. Frustrated, he whispered sweetly into his ear, "that seats taken." 

The boy sprung up with his right hand covering the ear that Jonghun had whispered into. The book flung forward, after a few moments with them frozen, he suddenly exclaimed "gahhhh, lost my page!" He crawled to the book quickly and was desperately searching for the page that he had read up to. Yet he had not removed his hand from his ear.

When he finally turned around, Jonghun studied his face closely, it didn't take much observation to realise that he was blushing furiously. The shade of his cheeks were deep red and he pouted slightly, puffing up his cheeks.

He placed his hands on his hips and finally, he spoke "I'm Lee Jaejin. What do you want from me Choi Jonghun? Why is the prince of this school here ditching class?" His tone wasn't harsh but frustrated, then he pouted even more.

Jonghun chuckled, "I guess your ear's your weak point. I've never seen anyone as cute as you before, I should be asking you why you're here."

"CUTE?!? Why are calling a boy cute?! Answer the question! I asked first."

"heeeeeeeeeeeh? You're way to cute."

Jaejin crossed his arms, and sulkily looked up. He couldn't bear how Jonghun was so much taller than him. He grabbed Jonghun's collar and pulled him down so close, his face was only a movement away from touching each other. "Don't make fun of me!"


Jonghun's heartbeat raised rapidly, as he stared down at Jaejin who was currently lecturing him on how he rude he was. As he continued to study Jaejin's face, when he realised he was actually really pretty.

His skin was flawless and a pale. Jonghun's eyes dropped down to look at the nape of Jaejin's neck and chest that was slightly uncovered from his previous nap. Delicate, fragile and beautiful, Jonghun watched as with every breath that Jaejin took his body would move slightly. His eyes, sweet, big and innocent like a deer, perfectly shaped lips that formed each one of his words.

THUMP.THUMP.THUMP.

Jonghun could hear his own heartbeat against his chest.

THUMP.THUMP.THUMP.

He was completely mesmerised by Jaejin every move.

THUMP.THUMP.THUMP.

He moved closer, as close as he could, but every time Jaejin would step back. Jonghun was mentally trapped, this is bad. No one had ever raised his interest this much before. Teasing Jaejin will be too fun. His eyes had not left Jaejin's lips.

After Jonghun pyshically cornered him against the tree, Jaejin looked worried.

"Are you listening? Look at me whilst I'm talking to you!"

"I am." Jonghun was dangerously close when he then kicked his lips slowly from one corner to the other. "Shouldn't you be polite to your elders? I'm your sunbae." He leaned in and grabbed Jaejin pulling him into a kiss. Slowly, he slipped his tongue into Jaejin's mouth for one long and deliciously pleasurable kiss. Jonghun was desperately trying to control himself, when finally before losing his self-control and crossing the line, he parted his lips from Jaejin's. "For desert" he said quickly, and slowly Jaejin's lips tracing the outline of them, creating a glossy shine to his already perfect lush red lips. Then he whispered into Jaejin's ear. "you're. painfully. sweet."

The bell rung at that moment for break. Touching his forehead against Jaejin's Jonghun spoke, "I'll wait here for you tomorrow." Softly, brushing Jaejin's fringe to aside, he pecked his forehead for last kiss. Jonghun turned and walked to the dinner hall.