19

Her Demon {DISCONTINUED}

It had been just over half a year now. Sora was now living in cold, wet London, far away from her original home in Asia. There was barely any time to explain to her friends. She knew that she had to work with haste to escape Kai and all the drama that surrounded him. Sora wasn’t made for his drama, or the possibility of her death being closer with every passing day. So she did what was best for her; run.

For the past six months, she lived in solitude in her cheap apartment in one of the Counties in England, scraping by with the money she had saved and earned from a job at the local supermarket. It was tough and sure, she would love to be back home, see her best friend, and eat the traditional food. But all that was behind her now. Sora had to look towards the future, knowing that she’d be on the run for the rest of her life.

Did she miss Kai? Yes. She always would wonder what he was doing. Was he looking for her? Or was he beyond angry because of her vanishing act?

“Hello, would you like a bag with that?” Sora said cheerily as another customer checked out their items. It was the same thing over and over, but she went along with it. She was grateful for the discount on the food and the small clothes department they had.

“Bonus card?” Sora asked as usual. Most of the customers would shake their head no and she would spend ten seconds trying to convince them to get one. It was a never ending process.

 

Satan was furious. He was so livid at the fact that he had missed his daughter by just a slight bit. And his anger grew day by day when each of his warriors was unable to track the girl down. Earth was a large place to cover; Sora could be anywhere, look like anything by now, or may just be in hiding.

His lordship finally lost it when another group of demons came to the throne room with nothing to offer him.

“You still can’t find the measly Earth girl?” Satan boomed, “I have sent my best warriors and yet you can’t find her?”

The three demons lowered their head in shame, hoping that they would live long enough to leave the throne room in one piece.

“My lord, it seems there has been a covering hex put on her. Her location has been hidden by magic” One of them explained. Satan breathed in deeply before a thought came to him. With a wave of his sceptre, a circular pool of mist formed in front of him.

“Show me Kai” He ordered. The pool cleared up, showing an image of Kai who was resting on a tattered sofa, with maps surrounding him and a clear crystal that was used to track a desired person. Satan smirked triumphantly. Why do the work yourself, when clearly, someone else could do it for you?

“You will no longer look for the girl. Instead, watch Kai closely. Track his every move, who he talks to, where he goes; I want to know everything.” Satan ordered. When there was a mumble of obedience, he dismissed his warriors. He was so sure that Kai would lead him straight to Sora.

 

Sora sighed as finally changed out of her uniform and collected her belongings from the staff lockers. She bid farewell to a few co-workers before stepping outside with her open umbrella. It was July and still the weather of England never failed to surprise her. It had been raining off and on throughout the week, with a few spells of immense heat here and there.

“Make your mind up.” She mumbled towards the sky. The miserable weather reflected how she was feeling. It had been a tiring and boring day. First she would wake up and do nothing till one in the afternoon when her shift at the supermarket started. She would work for six hours with the odd break in between, return home to have takeaway if she wasn’t bothered to make herself something.

Then it would just watching TV for the rest of the evening. She chose not to make any friends because she was so sure that she would move again.

 

Kai jolted upright, waking up from his slumber. His head hurt slightly because of the random nap. He didn’t even realise that he had dosed off. He just wanted to find her so badly. Frustration was being pent up inside him and there was no one to snap at which just made it worse. Chen had offered to help but Kai’s rude and irritating behaviour and driven him away.

He held a crystal in his hand and laid it on a large map of the world. He tried to narrow down her where about to one continent first, but it was proving to be more difficult than he first imagined. He couldn’t understand his infatuation for her; his body craved for her and the thought of never seeing her face didn’t settle well with him.

“Come on, Sora” Kai urged, “Where the hell are you?”

A few foreign words left his lips and the crystal charged up. Kai waited in anticipation, hoping the clear rock would move to somewhere promising. And then it happened, a small bounce and a struggled movement. It was like something was forced against the crystal, trying hard to restrict its movement.

The rock slowly dragged itself across the map and then stopped on top of Europe.

“Yes! Europe!” Kai cheered. Now he had to narrow down her whereabouts more. He dug out a large map of Europe and set the crystal down, repeating the ancient words. Nothing happened just like before. He was back to square one.

 

Sora was quietly slurping up her Chinese noodles she ordered as she sat in front of the television, watching a popular game show. A knock on her door stopped her from chewing. She doubted that she even heard the noise; who could possibly knock for her? Sora simply continued what she was doing but the knock came again and she was forced to get up and check it out.

A tall man stood in her door way when she opened the door. He looked at her with shifty eyes and offered a devilish smile.

“Can I help you?” Sora urged when she realised the man wasn’t going to say anything any time soon.

“I could smell Satan’s blood in you from a mile away” The man said in a wicked, scratchy voice. Sora gulped down her fear and decided to feign innocent, “Excuse me? I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

The man growled, though Sora was sure that he was definitely no man and probably came straight from Hell.

“Don’t play games with me. Just a bite is all I need, oh great one.” He his lips and attempted to grab Sora. Panic shot through her and she had no idea what to do. As he came throttling towards her, she held out her hands, squeezed her eyes shut and then a scream emerged from the other male being.

A scream of torture and agony. Sora opened her eyes and watched at the man crumbled to his knees as his skin burned and flaked away to dust. In horror, she looked at her hands. She had never done such a thing before. Though it may have protected her this time, it had weakened the spell she had on her.

 

“Gotcha!” Kai exclaimed. He had no idea what had happened but all of a sudden, the crystal burst to life. He wasted no time in finding a map of Britain, afraid that this small moment of ease would disappear.

He knew exactly where Sora was.


Part 2 is well on its way! :D

Those who may not know, I decided to seperate this fanfic into parts instead of involving sequels.