The Girl Behind The Black Mask

The Girl Behind The Black Mask

It was 7am and the party just begun. As the sound of soft chattering and smell of alcohol lingering around the room. A young girl in a black mask stood at a dark corner farthest among everyone. Standing all alone, not lingering at the party

She was wearing a unique black mask

 

And she was wearing a simple plain black dress that goes down to her knees

She was beautiful yet something about her shows her distancing herself. Reserve and quiet by herself in the corner. Not gazing at anyone but the crowd, not lingering around. Just standing still, quiet and secretive. 

Then came five men in colorful clothes wearing matching matches coming in through the main ballroom door. They were idols, nobody said a word as they came in, shining sparkly in the spotlight as they made they way in through the middle of the room. 

The atmosphere became lively as music started to play as they walk around separated but each one; five pair of eyes were on a dark corner as they sees a beautiful girl standing alone all by herself. 

They were wondering who she were as they came closer and saw her avoiding them. They were curious why such a young girl like her avoiding everyone's gaze.

She's as beautiful as a night sky, but they felt there's a sort of secret kept hidden behind those black mask. Her eyes gazing at them and slowly avoiding them staring to the thick wall. 

The five of them kept on glancing at her as they talk to almost everyone there. Their attention only to her, the girl wearing the black mask

A slow music began to play as the oldest one, name Onew held her by her waist slowly gazing into her dark orbs totally into drowing into them. He can see hurt in them. "Can I have this dance?" 

She nodded without a word and followed him to the dance floor as he held her by the waist and began to slowly dance with her.

After a few minute, there was a tap on his right shoulder and a tall guy said "May I have the next dance wityh her?" Onew nodded left with a smile as the tall guy held her by her waist not taking his eyes off of her.

She was beautifl and he was enchanted by her. Jonghyun smiled and she gave him a small smile, not saying a word. Then a guy with a wavy hair came in and said "May I have the next dance?" she nodded and the exchange partners once again. Key can't get his eyes off of her. Something about her really made him fall for her. 

Then someone interrupted them and said "Excuse me, may I have the next dance with her?" Kei nodded and left Minho placed his hand on her waist. He felt her flinched slightly "Gwenchana?" he ask but she just shook her head telling him that she's fine. 

Wordlessly they danced slowly to the slow rhythm of the music playing until a younger boy tapped Minho's shoulder and said "May I dance with you?" Minho left and whispered "Careful, she's very fragile" 

Taemin nodded and held her slowly. He smiled at her and she smiled back. His eyes never leaving hers. He was so absorbed dancing with her he felt a small spark. He felt his heart beating rapidly 

"Y-you look beautiful tonight" Taemin stuttered, slightly embarrassed. "I wished I know who you are. So I can help you" he said hoping she will answer back. 

She looked at him, fear showing in her eyes. Then they heard the clock strike twelve times and the girl ran out of the room. Taemin chased after her but it was too late. He sat at the stairs and saw the mask, the black mask left behind. 

"I wish I get to know you better and even know your name...nd who you are" Taemin thought as he held the black mask inside. The party was over at 2am and they headed home since their curfew is till 3am. 

Until today, they never found out who the mysterious girl was but only leaving the black mask behind her as the night will only be remembered forever never forgotten. 

The End