crying ran

Crying Rain

 

 



„crying rain”


 

 

 


 

 






... and then I started running.
 

 

Why ? Why ? Why ? ...

 

 

That question was like a knife craving deep inside my chest. 
It was dark on the streets around midnight.
There were just the street lamps shinning in the darkness once in a while. I was the only one out there. The only one ...

 

 

Why ? Why ? Why ? ...

 

 

The question repeated itself in my head over and over again. 
 


I ran, no matter whereto, I just wanted to escape from there. Wanted to run far away. Wanted to never come back again ...
 

 

I saw some lights from the corner of my eyes quickly passing as time went by.
My legs hurt. I had to stop and take a break. 
I kneeled down to the ground. My breath was fast and my throat was burning. 

 

 

Why ? Why ? Why ? ...


 

"AHHHHHHH !!!" 
 

 

I screamed, screamed to nowhere. No one could hear my cry for help ... No one would hear the fight inside of me. 
 

 

My heart ached so much, it felt like bleeding.
 

 

I lifted my hands and through my hair.
 

 

Why was it wet ?

 

 

I looked up, distracting myself from the pain when I finally realized that it was raining.
 

 

When did it start to rain ?

 

 

I stood up, looking down on myself. My clothes were drenched.
 

 

 

My sight moved to my shoes. The white colour unrecognizable because of the dirt.
My face was all wet as well and I wondered if it was the rain or my tears that made it so.
I slowly calmed down and luckily the question within my head slowly started to stop too.
I looked around. I was ... where was I ? 

 

 

It was really dark and even the trees all around me were hard to recognized . The ground was mushy.
I decided to walk around a little bit in hope I could find some bench to sit on when I came across a playground and finally realized where I ended up.

 


I sat down on one of the benches in the park in front of the playground.
The rain was dripping from my hair. It was cold and I slowly began to freeze.
My hands were shaking and my legs still hurt. Tucking 
my legs up I wrapped my arms around my knees. 

 

 

Why did this all happen ?
 

 

I listened to the loud sound of the rain dripping from the trees to the wet soil. 
The thunder relaxed me somehow. And the lightening brightened up the darkness for a second once in a while.

 


I was sure that my tears still rolled over my cheek one by one but it  was hard to tell since they got mixed up with the rain that got stronger and stronger with each second passing by. The rain started to feel like stitches on my skin and the cold was running through my body. It hurt.
But the noise was still pleasant and let me forget why I was here in the first place.

 

 

I covered my face in my knees and just let things be. 
 

 

"How often do I have to tell you, that you should take an umbrella with you when it rains ?"
 

 

That voice ... pleasant and familiar. I turned around. 
The boy next to me smiled down into my face. His brown hair half covered from the hood of his red jacket. His expression was soft and lovely. Holding an umbrella above my head and trying to keep me dry, I blinked a few times and stood up dumbfounded, looking him in the eyes to see the concern yet relief in his eyes as much as my blurry sight allowed me to see.

 

 

He gave me a smile and put a familiar looking black jacket around my shoulders. Than he took of his scarf and wrapped it around my neck, giving me an tight hug after that.
 

 

"Everyone is worried about you, Key." he half whispered into my ear.
 

 

He stepped back to look into my face and whipped the tears and raindrops away from my cheeks.
 

 

"Don't cry anymore, everything will be fine. I'm here with you." he said. His voice caring and full of love and warmth. "Did you forget what I said to you the other day ? Today, tomorrow and forever ... always."
 

 

I wanted to say something and opened my mouth but my voice cracked suddenly.
 

 

"Let's go home. You are all soaked in water, your whole body is shaking and your lips turned blue already."
 

 

He locked arms with me and helped me walking.
I felt his warm hand touching my cold skin. I knew I was secure with him. When I am in his arms, there is nothing to worry about anymore. But there was one thing that I couldn't understand.

 

 

"Jonghyun.." I asked with a shaky voice. "..how did you find me ?" 
 

 

It was dark, raining and Tokyo's streets were still unfamiliar with us. There was no way he could have found me here ...
 

 

He gave me a sweet smile chuckling silently.
 

 

"I didn't ... my heart did."