‘I Love You’, Sealed With A Kiss

'I Love You', Sealed With A Kiss

 

 

 

‘Hey, Kwangie, I’ll be with Hara okay? She wants to go out for some coffee and asked me to accompany her so she won’t feel lonely.’ Jun Hyung poked his head into Ki Kwang’s room from the living room. Jun Hyung had gone over to Ki Kwang’s apartment for the day to spend time with him.

‘Okay! I’ll stay here with Woonie. You go out and have fun with your friend!’ Ki Kwang turned around to look at his lover and smiled guilelessly.

‘Thanks, hun. Bye! I might be back later though.’ Jun Hyung smiled at Ki Kwang, then gave Dong Woon, who was sitting beside Ki Kwang, a smirk. Dong Woon’s face darkened but he didn’t say anything.

‘Bye!’ Ki Kwang said, and turned back to Dong Woon after the head of his lover disappeared.

‘Junnie made a new friend! Her name is Hara, and they met a while ago. They started being closer these few weeks and now they meet up often too! Isn’t it great?!’ Ki Kwang told Dong Woon.

Dong Woon’s expression did not lighten up. ‘Yeah.’ He said wryly.

 

‘Anyways, hurry up, you slowpoke!’ Ki Kwang prodded Dong Woon, who still had not made his choice of character. They were playing Street Fighter on Ki Kwang’s PlayStation 3 since it was a Sunday and they didn’t have to go for work.

‘Huh? Oh yeah.’ Dong Woon started, and he randomly chose a character without looking.

‘Jincha? You chose that useless alien? My Chun Li can beat him with one hands tied, no problem!’ Ki Kwang couldn’t believe Dong Woon’s choice of character.

‘What? Shoot! Dammit!’ Dong Woon looked at the screen and he realised it to be true. He had chosen the character both of them had dubbed the worst among all of the Street Fighters. He groaned, already anticipating the thrashing Ki Kwang’s Chun Li would serve him.

‘Hehehe, no turning back now. Match One, FIGHT!’ Ki Kwang attacked immediately, sending a flurry of punches and kicks the Chinese character was famous for, dealing an immediate K.O. to Dong Woon’s character.

‘HA! TAKE THAT!’ Ki Kwang crowed. Dong Woon just sighed in defeat and waited till he could choose another character.

 

‘Oh, Junnie just texted me. He isn’t coming back today. I guess we’ll eat without him then.’ Ki Kwang announced from the kitchen’s doorway. Dong Woon, his best friend for many years caught the disappointed tone in Ki Kwang’s voice.

I had no doubts of him not returning today. His smirk just now had assured that. That damn jerk! How could he treat Ki Ki like a nobody? Everyone could see from miles away he was playing with Ki Ki! But Ki Ki is too trusting. I don’t have the heart to break the news to him. He loves that guy… Dong Woon thought to himself. He noticed Ki Kwang was still standing there so he spoke up.

‘Hey, don’t be sad, Ki Ki. It’s his loss! That means I get to eat his portion of your delicious food! Yum!’ Dong Woon tried to cheer his friend up.

‘Really? My cooking is delicious? Thanks Woonie!’ Ki Kwang immediately brightened up.

‘Yes, really! Don’t you trust my word?’ Dong Woon gave a mock frown.

‘Ani, ani! I trust you!’ Ki Kwang gave Dong Woon a bright smile, his eyesmile making Dong Woon smile in response.

Ki Kwang turned back into the kitchen, leaving Dong Woon in the living room.

 

Two weeks later

Dong Woon was walking down the street towards his own apartment when he received a call from Ki Kwang.

‘Yoboseyo? Kwangie, what’s up?’ He answered the phone, smiling.

‘Woonie, he said that Junnie is ch-cheating on me.’ Ki Kwang’s tearful voice came across the speaker. Dong Woon’s smile dropped.

‘What? Who said that?’

‘D-Doo Junnie. He said he saw them walking towards Junnie’s apartment.’ Ki Kwang sniffled.

He cried?! Dammit!

‘Are you at home now? Wait for me okay?! I’ll go over.’ Dong Woon was already walking towards Ki Kwang’s apartment.

 

‘Woonie! What do I do?’ Ki Kwang hurdled into Dong Woon’s embrace as soon as he opened the door.

‘Calm down, Ki Ki. Maybe Doo Jun hyung mistook him for another guy?’ Dong Woon prayed that was the case. If not, he would have to go over and pummel that Jun Hyung’s smirking face into pulp.

‘But how could the two of them look like Junnie and Hara the same time?!’ Ki Kwang sobbed into Dong Woon’s hoodie.

‘True. How about we go over to his place? I’m sure Doo Jun must’ve been mistaken.’ Dong Woon tried to get Ki Kwang to stop crying. His heart was breaking into pieces just looking at the shorter man’s tears.

‘Okay.’ Ki Kwang nodded against his chest.

‘I’ll call Doo Jun too.’ Dong Woon added, taking out his phone.

 

‘Yes?’ a yell came from behind the doors of Jun Hyung’s apartment.

‘Who is it?’ a dishevelled Jun Hyung opened the door with an irritated tone. When he saw who it was, he did a double take.

‘Oh, Kwangie, it’s you.’ Jun Hyung noted that Dong Woon was also with him and his irritation evaporated. 

‘I-I heard from Doo Jun that you brought Hara home with you. Is it true?’ Ki Kwang blurted, unable to stand the suspense of not knowing.

‘Hmm? Oh, Hara. Erm, yeah. Why? She wanted to come over and look at my place so I showed her.’ Jun Hyung squirmed a little. Dong Woon smelled the lie immediately. He knew things weren’t that simple between them. He narrowed his eyes at Jun Hyung, while Jun Hyung, who noticed, just smirked in return.

 

Just then, Hara herself appeared, wearing nothing but Jun Hyung’s shirt. One which was bought as a present for Jun Hyun by Ki Kwang himself.

‘Honey, who is it? Oh.’ Hara noticed it was Ki Kwang and she retreated back into the apartment.

Ki Kwang gasped when he saw Hara in Jun Hyung’s shirt. He couldn’t believe his eyes.

‘Now what do you have to say for yourself, Yong Jun Hyung?’ Ki Kwang said softly.

‘Well, since it’s like this, then Thank God!’ Jun Hyung did not look remorseful at all. Ki Kwang was expecting Jun Hyung to be begging and pleading for forgiveness and trying to explain himself. He couldn’t understand why his lover wasn’t doing any of the above.

‘Huh? What?’

Jun Hyung just laughed at Ki Kwang’s expression.

‘Oh, you poor thing. You still don’t get it, do you? I have been with Hara for the past few months, you idiot!’ Jun Hyung smiled condescendingly at Ki Kwang.

‘What? Then what about me? What about us?!’ Ki Kwang couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

‘Us? What ‘Us’? There is no ‘Us’ you idiot! Don’t you get it? There was never an ‘Us’!’ Jun Hyung said into Ki Kwang’s face.

‘But, why did you ask me out in the first place then?!’

‘Because I wanted to try out something new. Something different. I knew you were gay so I sought you out. It was only for fun. I never did have feelings for you, you ! You were the one who stupidly assumed I loved you just because we were going out.’ Jun Hyung gloated. Ki Kwang’s tears were falling freely now, his face turned towards the floor.

‘Ha! And I now know what it was like to have a gay lover. It was interesting. But the best thing out of this is that you actually thought I loved you! That is probably the funniest thing! I can’t believe it! You sure are stu-’ Crash! Dong Woon’s fist shot out from behind Ki Kwang into Jun Hyung’s face. Jun Hyung stumbled backwards into the door.

‘Don’t you ever dare to call him names, you ! Playing with him is enough. Rubbing salt into the wound is unforgivable!’ Dong Woon yelled.

Jun Hyung recovered quickly, his cheek turning red where Dong Woon had hit him. He smirked, looking at Dong Woon, who went to Ki Kwang’s rescue.

‘Or what? You gonna beat me to death? Come on then. I’ll crush you into a pulp as easily as I did with our pathetic little Kwangie’s heart here.’ Jun Hyung mocked, reaching out to touch Ki Kwang’s tear streaked face.

‘Get your filthy hands off him, you jerk!’ Dong Woon yanked Ki Kwang back behind him.

‘Or what? You gonna punch me again?’ Jun Hyung stuck out his other cheek towards Dong Woon, daring him.

‘Dong Woon-ah, let’s just go.’ Ki Kwang spoke up, tugging at Dong Woon’s sleeves.

‘Yeah, listen to him, Dong Woon-ah. Listen to little Kwangie there.’ Dong Woon saw red. He had had enough with this jerk. His fist struck Jun Hyung once again, and he abandoned all good sense. All he wanted was to smash the face of that jerk that made Ki Kwang cry.

 

‘Dong Woon, stop it! Enough!’ Ki Kwang tried to go between the two men. He almost got caught by one of the wild punches flying around but Dong Woon shielded him and his face got the brunt of the hit. Ki Kwang gasped, distracting Dong Woon. Jun Hyung made use of the distraction and delivered another powerful punch into Dong Woon’s stomach. Jun Hyung drew back for another punch but his wrist was caught by the hands of another man. Doo Jun had just arrived. Dong Woon had called him to tell him that they were going to Jun Hyung’s apartment to check if Jun Hyung had really brought a woman to his house. He was worried something like this might happen so he ran over as fast as he could.

 

‘Enough. Go back to your girlfriend inside and never show your pathetic face to us ever again.’ Doo Jun was a formidable foe. He was a footballer and also a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Jun Hyung decided against going up against him and he retreated back into his home, slamming the door.

 

‘You alright, Woon?’ Doo Jun peered at the hunched up Dong Woon. Dong Woon just nodded his head, gasping for breath.

‘Ki Ki, you alright?’ Ki Kwang had forgotten about his crushed emotions when Dong Woon got hit by that jerk but now it all came rushing back. He stifled the prickling ears and replied Doo Jun with a watery smile.

‘Yeah. I will be.’

Doo Jun smiled approvingly at the younger man, turning his attention back to the injured man.

‘Yah, let’s get you home. Ki Ki, help me out here.’ They looped Dong Woon’s arms around them and helped him back to Ki Kwang’s place, which was nearer.

 

‘Woonie, your face!’ Ki Kwang was probing the angry flesh where Dong Woon had been hit gently. Dong Woon pulled back with a hiss.

‘Sorry, sorry. I’ll get you some iced peas.’ Ki Kwang hurried to the refrigerator. He came back and gently placed the iced peas against the angry surface of Dong Woon’s right eye.

‘I’m so sorry I got you hurt, Woonie.’ Ki Kwang fussed over Dong Woon.

‘Why’re you sorry for? It’s not your fault. Don’t worry about it.’ Dong Woon took over the iced peas from Ki Kwang.

‘Sor-’ Ki Kwang stopped midsentence, as tears began to fall from his eyes. Dong Woon held him closer, not saying anything, just letting him cry. Soon, Ki Kwang fell asleep on the couch. Dong Woon stared at Ki Kwang’s tear streaked face.

Why couldn’t I have been the one you were with? If you were with me, you wouldn’t have to go through this pain. Ki Kwang-ah, why did you choose him in the first place? Why not me? I would never ever hurt you like he did. I love you too much for that. He leaned down, and placed a tender kiss on the sleeping Ki Kwang’s forehead, and left him sleeping on the couch.

 

‘Woonie? Where are you?’ Ki Kwang rubbed his swollen eyes, looking around.

‘Woonie?’ he looked out of the window. It was evening already.

‘Hey, you’re up. How’re you feeling?’ Doo Jun put down the evening news and looked at him with concern.

‘Oh, hi hyung. I’m fine. What are you doing here?’

‘Dong Woon went out and he made me stay just in case something happened to you.’

‘Oh. Did he say where he was going?’

‘To my basement.’

‘Huh?’

‘He’s killing my sandbag now.’

‘Dong Woon? Are we talking about the same person here?’ Ki Kwang’s eyes widened.

‘Yeah. You don’t believe me? Wait.’ Doo Jun pulled out his phone and called Yo Seob, their other good friend.

‘Seobie, can you go to the basement for a while? Yeah I know Woonie’s down there, but Ki Kwang doesn’t believe me. Kays, thanks babe.’ Doo Jun smiled. He held out the phone to Ki Kwang.

He took it and put it to his ears. He instantly heard the dull thuds that signified the sandbag being hit.

‘Woon-ah, Ki-’ Yo Seob didn’t have time to finish before he was cut off.

‘Go. Away.’ The thuds did not slow down, nor did they diminish in the volume.

‘But-’

‘I. said. Go. Away.’

The thuds faded away and Yo Seob’s voice came back on.

‘Sorry, but he’s been like this since just now. I can’t get him out.’ Yo Seob said apologetically.

‘I’ll go over now.’ Ki Kwang ran out of the house.

 

It was as what Doo Jun and Yo Seob said, the usually gentle and mild Dong Woon was attacking the sandbag like a crazed animal. Ki Kwang couldn’t believe it. He had never seen Dong Woon so worked up before. Sweat was pouring down his face, and his knuckles were bruised and bloodied. The skin of his right eye had swelled, and turned to an angry dark red.

 

‘Woonie?’ he approached the still punching man carefully.

There was no response. The thuds continued.

‘Woonie, stop. Please stop.’ Ki Kwang was getting desperate now.

Nothing.

He finally gave up on talking, and embraced Dong Woon from the back, sweat and all.

 

Dong Woon felt those familiar arms around him and he stilled. His breath came in harsh breaths, his ribs heaved violently and his knuckles ached from the long pounding he gave the sandbag. He tried to push the smaller man away but he froze when he felt something warm on his sweat soaked back.

‘Ki Ki?’ Dong Woon croaked.

‘Enough, Woonie. Stop hurting yourself. I can’t bear it. I can’t.’ Ki Kwang said into his back.

He hunched over, feeling the pain acutely in his heart.

‘Sorry, Ki Ki. Don’t cry ok? Please don’t cry.’ Dong Woon turned over and pleaded. He faced the shorter man, his gaze searching the once again tear filled face of his beloved Ki Ki. He reached to wipe those tears off, when Ki Kwang held onto his hands.

‘Woon-ah, thanks for caring about me so much. Thanks for standing up for me just now. I know you dislike violence, and to know that I was the cause for you to actually use violence, you don’t know how sorry I am. But most of all, sorry that I was blind. Blinded to my own feelings. I was stupid enough to ignore my feelings for you, and get together with that worthless Jun Hyung. I was trying to bury my feelings. My feelings for you. I didn’t want to risk our friendship. I didn’t want to risk the pain of heartbreak if you rejected me. So I pretended I was in love with Jun Hyung and ignored my feelings for you. But after today, I realised, you were the one who was always there for me. I know you disliked Jun Hyung from the start, yet you still came over to spend time with me even when he was around.’ Ki Kwang took a deep breath. ‘You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You were always the one by my side, rain or shine. The person I always go to if I had trouble. I’m so stupid to push away my true feelings, and transfer them to Jun Hyung, when the person I really love was you all along. Son Dong Woon, I love you. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before but I’m telling you now.’ Ki Kwang finished and he tried to step away from Dong Woon. He didn’t get the chance to before he was enveloped into a crushing hug.

 

‘Don’t go.’ Dong Woon whispered. ‘I’m sorry you have to see me like this. See the ugly side of me. I never intended for you to see me like this. But now, I’m just glad. I’m glad you are finally away from that jerk. That you are now here in my arms. That I can finally say the words I have been holding back all these years. Lee Ki Kwang, I love you. I love your smile, your pure heart, and your kind soul. I will never reject you, because you are the sunlight in my world. When you smile, things seemed to be a little better. You tears make my knees weak, because I never want to see you cry, to see you hurt. I love you, Ki Kwang.’

 

Ki Kwang was speechless. Did he hear it correctly? Did Dong Woon just say that he loved him?! So it wasn’t one sided after all!

 

The two of them hugged each other tighter and they burst into blissful laughter together.

 

For now, nothing can be more perfect in this moment.

 

 ‘I love you.’

 

Nothing can be more perfect than those three words, sealed with a kiss. 

 

[a/n: hey guys. i know i did the poll but i got the idea to write this first. i know its a little cliched and all, but i rly hope u guys enjoy this :D please tell me how is it yeah? ^ ^]