Like fine print you were hard to read

Fine Print

 

There is a patch of peeling paint on the wall right under Wufan's bedroom window. It's the first thing he sees every morning when he cracks his eyes open - somehow he always manages to roll over to face the window in his sleep - and every morning he promises himself that he's going to do something about it. At the end of the day that promise is long forgotten.

Blinking blearily against the soft light that pours into the room through the thin, white fabric covering aforementioned window Wufan yawns and stretches. He's not sure what time it is. Judging by the amount of natural light in the room he deems it to be late morning, probably close to noon, and he knows that he should be getting out of bed soon, but he's just so comfortable. And lazy, definitely lazy too.

As he rolls over on the mattress he expects to come into contact with another warm body. He quickly finds out, however, that the spot next to him on the bed has been vacated. The sheets still maintain their warmth so he can tell that he hasn't been alone for long, but the discovery makes him a little disappointed nonetheless. He flops onto his stomach and burrows his face into the pillow. It smells like chamomile body wash and his own shampoo because his lover likes to use that from time to time. It also smells like Sehun. A slow smile spreads on Wufan's face. Sehun.

When he inhales once more, the scent of his boyfriend mixes with the strong scent of freshly brewed coffee that drifts into the room because the door has been left open ajar and now that Wufan is actually fully awake and listening he can hear the sound of slippers scuffing against the floor - Sehun tends to drag his feet - and cartoon voices coming as a low murmur from the TV. Usually Wufan takes forever to get out of bed, but with the mental image of coffee and Sehun waiting for him outside of the room, it doesn't take a lot for him to want to get up.

Sehun is standing motionlessly in the middle of the large, open doorway that leads from the kitchen to the living room. For a few moments Wufan takes to watching the younger male rather than making his presence known. Sehun is nibbling on the half piece of toast he's holding in his hand, taking small bites with his small mouth and chewing them slowly, and he's wearing a white shirt, Wufan's shirt, ed and sacking around his lithe frame because Wufan is considerably larger than he is. His eternally sleepy eyes are fixed on the TV as if the cartoon playing on the screen is the most enthralling thing he has ever experienced. Sometimes Wufan forgets how young Sehun really is. Moments like this make him remember.

The entire scene is endearing, to say the least. Wufan can practically feel the affection coursing through his veins with every beat of his heart whenever he sees his younger lover like this, the way no one else really gets to see him. This is a sight meant for Wufan's eyes only. He feels privileged to be allowed to witness Sehun in such private surroundings.

Quietly he approaches the younger, wrapping his arms around his midriff from behind and pressing his bare chest against his back. He lets his hands slide under the open shirt to rest on Sehun's flat stomach. The latter doesn't even flinch at the sudden contact. "Good morning," he simply says around a tiny mouthful of bread.

"Good morning." Wufan presses a kiss right below Sehun's ear, then one further down on the jaw and, when Sehun tilts his head slightly to the side, several kisses along the neck until his lips reach fabric. He tugs on the shirt Sehun is wearing, pushing it out of the way to expose his shoulder. On the flawless expanse of skin is a large lovebite, purplish red against pale ivory, and Wufan would have most likely lamented the way it spoils Sehun's perfection if he hadn't been the one to create it. Now he just feels hot pangs of warmth flashing in his stomach at the recollection of their night together.

He also feels the younger's sharp intake of air under the palm of his hand as he presses his lips against the bruise. "What are you-?" He doesn't get to finish his sentence before Wufan has attached his mouth to the skin once more, a little closer to the neck this time around, to a bruise next to the first one.

After a few moments of and biting and mouthing at the younger male's shoulder Wufan pulls away, eyeing his work. Sehun glares at him out of the corner of his eye. "It looked lonely," Wufan excuses himself and adds an indifferent shrug and a small smirk as well. He leans in to press his lips against Sehun's moue.

The younger dodges him, scrunching up his nose in distaste. "Your breath stinks."

"Well, I don't care." By placing a hand on the younger male's face Wufan makes him turn his head and this time he kisses him before he has the chance to pull away. He steals a bite of Sehun's half-eaten piece of toast while he's at it, smirking at the look of the younger's indignant expression. Wufan likes to coax reactions out of him, even if it's anger. He's usually so stone-faced.

Before Sehun can scold him he's interrupted by the toaster as it pops up with a ding. Rolling his eyes he shoves the rest of the piece he's holding into Wufan's mouth. He slithers out of his hold to go put the now crispy bread on a plate. "I made coffee too. I suppose you want some."

"Coffee would be nice, thank you." Wufan plops down by the dining table, waiting for Sehun to place the plate and cup in front of him. The younger settles down in the chair across from him with a cup of his own, probably filled with more milk and sugar than coffee because that's how he likes to drink it and Wufan, who likes his coffee black, will never understand that. He doesn't question it, though. There are a lot of things about Sehun that he doesn't question. Wufan spreads butter on the surface of the toasted bread, watching it melt from the heat. "How do you feel?" he asks the other. "After last night, I mean."

The younger shrugs, idly playing with the ring on his right index finger. It's a large, silver one that Wufan gifted him a few weeks ago on their three-hundredth day together as a couple. "Not too bad," he responds. "A little sore, but nothing intolerable. You were very gentle."

With a small smile, Wufan reaches out to take Sehun's hand in his, giving it a squeeze. "I wanted it to be good for you because I know it was your first time. To be honest I was afraid that I would lose control and that I wouldn't be able to hold back, but I think it went well. I'm happy that we did this and... I'm honored that you would let me be your first. I... I really love you, Sehun." He chuckles sheepishly, pulls his hand back and resorts to stuffing his face with toast in a weak attempt at hiding his embarrassment. That sounded a lot less sappy in his head.

Sehun is back to playing with his ring again. "It was good," he says and Wufan stops chewing and apprehensively raises his head to look at him because he feels a 'but' coming up and he rarely likes buts. The younger his lips, pink tongue poking out to wet his pretty mouth. He's still staring down at his ring rather than at Wufan. "I'm covered in hickeys." He gestures towards his own body that is littered with lovebites in various shades of red. There are marks on his chest and his stomach and his hips and his thighs and, okay, Wufan admits that maybe he did go a little overboard, but Sehun's skin is just so soft and delectable and he just wanted to kiss him all over and make him his. "And I think I might be pregnant."

Wufan chokes on the mouthful of coffee he just took. He begins to cough. "What?" he manages to squeak and then coughs some more, pounding on his chest in an attempt to make the liquid go down. It doesn't work very well. "P-pregnant? You're p-pregnant? Wait, what do you mean you're pregnant?" Oh God, Sehun is pregnant, Wufan has gotten Sehun pregnant, he's too young to be a father and Sehun is even younger and he's not ready and he's going to need to childproof his entire apartment and how do you childproof a couch? in a sharp breath he grabs Sehun's hand again and holds it tightly in his, staring right into Sehun's eyes. "I will take full responsibility for this child," he assures the younger in a serious tone because he is serious, he's the one who has gotten them into this mess, he's the older one, he should have been more responsible.

For a few moments Sehun stares at him with a blank face. Then he slowly leans across the table and he stretches out his arm and reaches out towards Wufan's face to flick him on the forehead. The older yelps and he retracts his hand to press it against the now sore spot instead, staring at Sehun in surprise. Sehun stares right back at him. "You're an idiot," he says calmly.

"I... what?"

"I thought you were supposed to be smart, professor Wufan." Sehun rolls his eyes and gestures towards his own body once more. "I have ia that you should be very well acquainted with by now. Male ia. I can't get pregnant, Wufan, it's physically impossible for me." When the older just stares at him with his mouth hanging open but without saying anything, the other sighs. "I stand by my previous statement of 'you're an idiot'," he announces before getting up to migrate to the living room with his cup.

It doesn't take long for Wufan to follow him. Sehun is now sitting on the couch, watching TV while sipping his sweet coffee, and Wufan doesn't care how important the show he's watching apparently is, he walks over to stand between Sehun and the screen with his arms crossed over his chest anyway. The younger raises his gaze to glance up at him. "What's your problem?" Wufan wants to know. He sounds more sulky than he would like to admit and he hopes that Sehun doesn't notice.

"That you're an idiot," sounds the blunt answer and Wufan growls, but Sehun clearly doesn't care. "I was trying to make a joke, but apparently you didn't get it."

"Well, it's hard to tell that you're joking when you're perpetually faced."

"You're one to talk." Wufan clenches his jaw, glowering hard at his boyfriend, but Sehun has been subjected to this withering glare enough times for him to be immune by now, so he just stares back, unimpressed, much to Wufan's dismay. That glare is his most efficient weapon of offence.

Wufan is about to retort verbally when Sehun does the one thing that will disarm him no matter what. The corner of his mouth twitching is always the first sign of what's to come. Then, slowly, his lips stretch out to expose his white, imperfect teeth and his eyes curve mischievously and now that he is grinning up at Wufan, the older male can feel all of his hostility falter in a matter of seconds. It's not often that he gets to see Sehun smile like this. He slumps his shoulders in defeat, drops his arms and lets them hang limply by his sides. "You're being so unfair."

This time, instead of answering, Sehun reaches around Wufan to set his cup down on the low table. He then lets his arms circle the older male's hips and he pulls him closer until his pointy chin is pressing into Wufan's lower abdomen. He's still smiling. With a sigh Wufan reaches out to run his fingers through the younger male's hair, to brush his bangs out of his face and he keeps his hands there, cupping his jaw. "You still like me, though," Sehun says confidently. He arches a brow as if he's challenging the older to disagree.

Frowning slightly, Wufan slides his hands up into Sehun's hair again and curls his fingers into the strands to tug playfully on it. "Brat," he murmurs. And when Sehun sticks out his tongue at him, he tackles the younger onto the couch with a growl. Sehun goes down giggling.

 

~*~

 

A/N: I bet you didn't expect this story to be posted today, huh? well, you can all thank this person (I'm too good to you ♥).
so yeah. here's the story. this is what I came up with. uhhh... like I already said, it's just them being all disgusting and cute and fluffy and domestic and yeah. this is the morning after the first time they had , in case you couldn't tell from all the very obvious hints I've dropped. they've been together for almost a year ("
a few weeks ago on their three-hundredth day together as a couple"and now they're all domestic and they make breakfast for each other and stuff. it's cute. I like it. I don't know what I'm doing, but I like it. I like domestic. I like this. okay. I'll be quiet now.
I tend to call kris/sehun "perpetually faced couple" because they're both... well, they're both faces. that's all. I love them, though, and I love this pairing. they don't have a lot of moments together, but I will embrace the few ones they have ok.