P R O L O G U E

The Unexpected

 5 Months Ago 

 

  YoonA's POV ] 

 

  Disguise. Check. 

Sigh. This is me, Im YoonA. The daughter of Im HeeChul and Im SooYeon, is disguising herself. You may think that I'm hiding from someone, don't you?

Well, yeah. Your guess is right. I'm not just hiding from someone, I'm hiding from everyone! Not everyone, actually. What I meant from everyone is the one that is part of the press.

Press. Why press? 

It's because of the damn fact that I belong to the richest and wealthiest family in South Korea, the Im family. 

I don't know why we're popular. We're not TV stars or artists like those popular K-Pop band Girls' Generation. My family, except for my parents, were seldom seen on TV. 

Yeah, we might be seen somtimes, but only during those important events, like exclusive parties, balls, etc. 

Oh yeah! Know I remembered, because we're good looking! 

Just kidding. Mehrong :P . 

I think it's because we own the largest incorporation in Korea, the Im Corporation. Most businesses are connected to our corporation. And we likely to have lots of business partners, successful projects. 

 

 

O.O 

 

 

Why am I sharing you guys with these? 

Hmmp, never mind. Let's go back to the story. . . 

 

 

I'm now walking the streets of South Korea freely. And it felt so good withour people watching you. Especially when your parents sent you body guards to look after you. 

It took me for hours to conving my body guards to let me go out of the house without them trailing me. 

Fortunately, I did convinced them. 

 

*rriinngg rriinngg*

"Hello?" I answered. 

"YoonA!"

"DongHae-oppa!" I squeeled. It's been a while since he called me.

"YoonA-ah, are you free today? Do you want to go out?" He asked over the phone. 

I smiled widely. I've never got a chance to hang-out with my best friend for quite a while. "Ne. I'm free today. Actually, I'm already out." I giggled.

"Jinjja? Hmm, then I'll meet you at Starbucks, then." He sounds like he's excited. 

"Okay!"

"See you around." Then he hung up. 

 

 

Instead of taking a taxi to Starbucks, I walked. I wanted to spend some time roaming around the city. I haven't been out for so long. Who wanted to go out with guards and paparazzi following you? 

Thanks to my disguise, no one seemed to recognize me. 

 

 

When I reached Starbucks, DongHae was nowhere to be found.

Maybe he'll be late. 

I ordered a cold latte and a cheesecake while waiting for DongHae. 

While waiting, the big printed letters of the newspaper headlines caught my attention. 

I didn't hesitate to read it. It seems too important.

 

 

 

:: President Choi SiHoo passed away  ::

 

 

I gasped. 

 

Not because of the headlines, but because of the headline's body. 

 

"Im HeeChul's daughter, Im YoonA, was said to be the Korea's next First Lady. The Vice President, Choi SiWon, got ready for his upgrade and for his upcoming wedding."

 

 

WHAT?! 

 

Nobody actually said about this! 

No, no, no! This can't be happening!

"Hey!" 

I jumped from my sit when a voice startled me. 

"Are you okay? You seemed to be sick or something. You look pale. Is everything alright?" 

I saw DongHae sat in front of me, taking a bite of my cheesecake. 

I quickly fold the newspaper. I don't want him to know about this. Not yet. 

"E-er. Nothing. Just side-tracked." I showed him a convincing smile.  "Hey! That's my cheesecake!" 

:P "You don't seem to be insterested on eating it. Are you on diet? Gosh, YoonA, what's wrong with you?" He jokingly said.

I shoved the cheesecake away from him. "Give me that!"

We fought for the cheesecake for hours. It ended when I gave it up to him.

That selfish kid. Tsk. Why couldn't he buy himself one cheesecake?

Tsk. DongHae. He really has a thing for cheesecakes.

That's one of his charms. A charm that only me myself know.

He might be shy and quiet to other people, but to me? I could say he's  the exact opposite. He's talkative, playful, noisy. But the one that I like the most is him being cute and loving.

 

"Are you done?" I asked sarcastically. Obviously, trying to be angry to him. But I found that impossible when he looked at me straight in the eyes. That I'll melt.

And I just don't know why.

 

He seem not to mind my attitude. "All done!" ^_^ He even his lips and took my cold latte and drink it.

I rolled my eyes. "Ya, I drinked from that straw!"

"So? Like you have ually transmitted disease." :P He said. Stucking his tongue out. "Let's go out!"

"We're already out. Where to?" I asked.

"I don't know. Just anywhere . . . ?"

I laughed and we headed out.

Outside, I saw a machine that has stuffed toys inside. The one that you have to put coins in and pick a toy?

Unthinkingly, I held his hand and pulled him. "Oppa! Get me one!" I pointed at the toys.

 

 

 

[DongHae's POV]

 

"Oppa! Get me one!" She said, pointing at the cute stuff toys inside the machine.

I stopped and looked at our hands. Perfectly intertwined. She didn't seem to notice it. But I did.

Inside me, tons of carpenters knocked nails in my heart.

Heat rushed to my face.

How lucky I am to be his best friend.

But I've always wanted more.

I wanted her to be mine

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the lame Prologue. Or is it not worthy to be called prologue. XD 

Anyways, please look forward for the very 1st chapter.

Sorry for the mistakes and typos.