Dreams

Daydreams

 

 

(After all, she was a girl.)

They would live in a large apartment with enough space for the dozens of t-shirts that they would share. The apartment would have a cosy living room with a small sofa for two and a beanbag on the side. The bean bag would milk coffee brown, she decided. They would have a nice widescreen television, a game console of some sort, and a DVD player. There would be a personal space for each of them, but they would end up using each other’s spaces anyway, because that’s how they were.

The kitchen would be cute and modern. It would be furnished with light brown balsa wood for all the cupboards and shelves, and would have a small fridge filled with banana milk, fruits and leftover cookies, gingersnaps and vanilla biscuits they would bake together. There would be eggs, some ham and kimchi. In the corner would be a coffee maker for her to make them fancy coffees like lattes, or simply coffee the way Key liked it: with generous amounts of milk, foam and dashes of chocolate sauce or cocoa powder. (Yes, Key would be a really sophisticated husband.)

Their bedroom would be airy and spacious. There would be a huge bed in the middle, and lamps on either side of it so one could read in bed without awaking the other. The bed sheets would be some fancy design Key would choose, she decided, but they would probably end up with cartoon printed sheets of some sort. A shelf of books would stand next to the bed, filled with books on fashion and design for Key, and thrillers and mysteries for herself.

They would have two children, a boy and a girl, which meant rooms for them too. Key would be in charge of designing them, and she would help. The four of them would walk together to the kindergarten each morning. Then Key would flip her hoodie about until she got annoyed, and they would chase each other back to the apartment.

Back at home they would change and get ready for schedules with SHINee and f(x). Leaving in their respective vans, they would be the targets of teasing from the members, until they drew attention away from themselves by mentioning some public display of affection they’d seen before between Jonghyun and Luna or Minho and Krystal. 

Throughout the day they would sms each other between schedules, and meet up for a kiss and a ‘here, have some vitamin C’ at Music Bank/Music Core/Inkigayo. 

At night they would get home to find the children home with their nanny, watching some trashy cartoon. After bathing (separately!), they would watch the trashy cartoon too before settling the kids to sleep. 

They would catch a few hours of sleep themselves, then head to the SM building for practices. Afterwards, they would go for supper at a café and have some hot chocolate before going home to sleep some more, and morning would come again.

Sometimes when they had the time, Kibum (she would only call him Kibum after they were married) would bring her out to shop, insisting that she wear some dresses for goodness sake, she was a girl! Then despite her protests, he would force her to try on champagne and toga and tunic dresses, and do ‘a cute spin and wink’ before him, much to the amusement of the salesperson attending to them.

‘She’s the cutest, isn’t she?’ he would say to the salesperson, laughing. 

He would buy her the dresses he liked the most despite protests, and in a show of rebellion, she would buy more hoodies and t-shirts for their constantly growing collection back home.

Slowly, year by year, they would grow old and retire. Their children would grow up and start working, leaving them home to spend the rest of what time they had left with each other. Their hoodies would be passed on to their children, or donated to charity. They would laugh together at the ridiculous get-ups of new rookies groups on television, reminiscing the times when they shone on stages, dancing and singing before hordes of fans.

Then one day, maybe, she would tell him about her story of their future, years ago, when she was a young girl in love with a beautiful man called Key.