All for nothing (2)

All for nothing [Henry Version]

(The next day)

Ring! Ring! The sound of a phone ringing filled the hotel suite Zhoumi had rented. Zhoumi opened his eyes groggily, his long arms trailing behing him as he hurried to pick up. Leaving Henry alone on the bed, he ran out and answered the call.

"Yeah?"

"Mimi, is that you?" Sungmin's voice sounded from the handphone.

"Yeah, what do you need?"

"Well, we read your note yesterday... Mimi, to tell you the truth, we think we really need you. Both of you. But since Henry has decided to leave, its up to you now whether you do too."

"Oh, okay, hyung. Thanks. Bye."

Zhoumi put the phone away and sat down on the couch. He needed time to think this over. Was he really going to leave his life and all he knew for a second time just for Henry? Would not leaving be a right choice? Could Henry really go out there alone without him? And how was he to survive without his friend? The questions running through his still sleepy mind were beginning to give him  a really bad headache.

He walked inside the room, still deep in thought. Henry lay on the bed, still asleep. His eyes were still red and his breathing was still uneven. The day before, Zhoumi had caught up with Henry, who in all in misery was trying to take his own life. It was fortunate that he found him in time, before Henry did it. When Zhoumi had pulled him away from the cliff, Henry had been sobbing into his chest and beating him weakly, but at last his sobs quietened to soft sniffling, followed by quiet breathing as sleep caught up with him.

How was he going to leave such a naive and fragile boy to fend for himself? At the same time, how was Zhoumi to help him? He would only be a hindrance. Good friends as they were, their ideas were never exactly in sync. He made his descision, feeling an enormous dread as he thought of facing all the antis alone.

His hands shook as he dialled Leeteuk's number.

"Yeoboseyo?" Came Leeteuk's voice.

"Hyung, I'm staying." With that, Zhoumi hung up.

A/N: THEN, AFTER THAT, HENRY SUICIDED AND DIED. THE END. Just joking.

Lost in his own thoughts as he walked out to take a breath of fresh air, the tall chinaman didn't notice Henry staring at him in blank hurt and shock. Tears once again clouded his vision.

Once Zhoumi walked out, Henry came out from under the sheets and sat up on the bed. He had made a decision, as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His heart was beating fast, pounding hard against his chest. It seemed to know what was going through his mind at the moment.

"Calm down Henry. Its alright. It's all going to be over soon. Just take a deep breath and do it. You can do this." After those nervous words, the young canadian jumped. Only at the near point of death, when he saw some of Super Junior and his fellow labelmates running towards him, did he then see what a mistake he had made.

Darkness was all he saw.

Staring around, he realised: It wasn't the fans he needed to love him after all. He had had all the love he could ask for. It was too late now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Years later)

14 men stood inside the graveyard. They walked to a grave and one particularly tall man knelt down.

"Henry, you stupid pabo. Why did you leave? We were trying to make things better. Look, Mochi, I'm better now, don't you see? Why did you leave? You could have waited!"

An older man put a hand on his shoulder. "Its alright Mi. At least he's happy now."

Zhou Mi looked up at him and nodded stiffly. They left afterwards, finding that it only brought back memories.

And hiding behind a tree, Henry Lau peacefully watched his family of 14 leave. Leeteuk was right. He was happy.