I fell in love with my stalker. An Onew one-shot.

I fell in love with my stalker.

I tightened the scarf around my neck and then faced the cold. I quickly locked the door of my apartment and then walked over to my car. Suddenly I could hear movements from behind me. I quickly turned around to see if someone was there. No one. Nothing. Not a speck.

“You’re just sleep deprived Yumi-ah,” I murmured to myself and then drove off. I looked at my rear view mirror to look back at my apartment and I swear I saw someone leave something on my doorstep. I shook my head and then told myself to concentrate on the road ahead. It’s going to be a long day.

**************************************************************

“That coursework is due next Monday.” Our teacher announced.

“You will be getting it on Wednesday…” One of my classmates sniggered. Unfortunately for him, teacher heard him.

“Did you say something Lee Jinki?” He demanded.

“Nothing sir, have a good day!!” Lee Jinki answered.

Teacher narrowed his eyes at him and then walked out of the room. Lee Jinki or also known as Onew blew a sigh of relief.

“Ya Yumi, do you have any plans for tonight?” My best friend Kevin nudged me, his pretty eyes sparkling.

“I just need to stop at the supermarket to get a few bits.” I replied. I then noticed that Onew was staring at the both of us, listening to our conversation.

“Can I help you with anything?” I snapped at him. He blinked back in shock at me and didn’t say anything. “Well???”
“Yumi-ah, chill…” Kevin poked my arm. Onew blew a raspberry and then walked out of the room.

“He is such a weird kid…” I sighed and then picked up my bag from the floor.

“Anyway, do you want me to come with you??” Kevin asked linking his arm with mine. I thought about it for a moment but agreed in the end anyway.

**************************************************************

Kevin and I were eating the food samples at the entrance of the supermarket when I felt someone watching me from behind. This has been going on for days. I would always feel a pair of eyes staring at me; watching my every more. Everywhere I go, I have that feeling. I’m starting to feel a little uneasy about it to be honest.

“Yumi-ah, gwaenchana?” Kevin asked me worriedly.

“Oh ne, come on let’s go shopping.” I told him and then pulled him inside the supermarket. We both had a basket each; I filled mine with the stuff I actually need while Kevin just filled his basket with the stuff he thought looked nice. Typical. Kevin excused himself to go to the toilet while I stayed at the supermarket café. I was having a quick cup of coffee and started reading a magazine when I felt a pair of eyes on me again. I looked around the café and just saw children with their families and old people drinking tea. I returned to my magazine but at the corner of my eye, I noticed a familiar figure. He was sitting at the very corner of the café and he was on his own. He was reading a newspaper and it was covering his face. I could recognize his jeans. Blue tight jeans. I kept my gaze on him until I caught him lower his newspaper down so he can look at me. Aha! He was watching me.

“Ya why are you staring at that guy?” Kevin reappeared.

“He’s been watching me for days. I think he’s my stalker.” I mumbled.

“You think you have a stalker?” Kevin clarified.

“Ne…” I nodded. My eyes widened when Kevin broke out into fits of laughter.

“Ya…” I poked his cheek. “YA!”

“You make me laugh Yumi…” He said wiping an invisible tear from his cheek.

“I’m being serious,” I pouted at him.

“Sure…” He grinned cheekily at me.

**************************************************************

I took a sigh of relief when I cut the engine off. I just wanted to relax in my apartment now. I then remembered that person leaving something on my doorstep this morning. Was it the same person I caught watching me earlier at the café? Gee, I hope not. An admirer and a stalker is different right? I rather have a shy admirer. Hmm, I think that’s the same.

As I walked nearer my doorstep, I could see a box. It was wrapped in silver paper and it had a ribbon around it. I crouched down and grabbed it. Only when I got to the kitchen I decided to open it. I was so weirded out when I saw what it was. A tupperware of tofu. Yup, it was a plastic food container filled with tofu. I was really freaked out so I threw it straight in the bin. Why would anyone give me tofu? I can’t eat them for one thing as I am allergic to them and it’s just weird to give someone tofu for whatever reason. O_o

Today has been a weird, freaky day. I’m just glad it’s nearly finished.

Little did I know tomorrow I will get the shock of my life.

**************************************************************

The next day at college, it was all the same. Kevin asked me if I had plans again for tonight. I’m getting the feeling that he just wants a ride home. I told him that I’m just going straight home. On the journey back home, I remembered that I needed to buy something quick from the pharmacy. I made a detour and went to the town centre to the nearest pharmacy. It took me a surprisingly long time to get back home that when I finally parked my car in front of my neighbour’s apartment, it was nearly fully dark. I walked slowly to my apartment and when I got there, I saw someone hiding behind a bush. A bush in front of my living room window. This creep is my stalker! I’m finally going to know who he is! I took my phone out from my pocket and prepared to dial the police number when I realized who it was.

He was sitting down cross-legged on the floor, surrounded by leaves and a bucket of chicken on his lap. He also had a backpack beside him and inside was a pair of binoculars and night vision goggles.

“Ya are you my stalker?!!” I shrieked.

“AH! I thought you were inside your apartment already!!” He gasped dropping a chicken leg on the floor. He stood up shaking and he ended up on the ground again as he slipped on a wet leaf. Such a klutz.

“Obviously not.” I glared at him.

“Ya please don’t be angry at me…” He murmured.

“I should! You’ve been stalking me and freaking me out!!! I thought someone is out there to kill me!!” I roared. He was blushing now, his hand rubbing the back of his neck.

“Look, come on inside and I’ll let you explain.” I sighed.

“You’re inviting your stalker inside your apartment?” He looked up at me with his eyes gleaming.

“Do you want to sort this out or not?” I snapped.

“Oh ne!” He nodded abruptly and then grabbed his backpack and the bucket of chicken before following me inside his apartment. I know it’s weird to invite your stalker inside your apartment but this boy surely can’t do anything to harm me. He was just a dork.

“I- I’m sorry Yumi…” Onew mumbled.

“Why were you stalking me? And was it you who left those tofu at my doorstep??” I attacked him with questions.

“Ne, I didn’t know what to give you.” he replied shyly.

“WHY WERE YOU STALKING ME??” I demanded. He looked at me nervously and then took two steps backwards.

“I-I like you…” He stammered quietly.

“What?!”

“I LIKE YOU YUMI! ONEW LIKES YOU!!!” He screamed with eyes closed.

This creep likes me? I blinked many times and then broke into fits of laughter. This was crazy and cute. I looked at Onew and all I wanted to do was give him a hug. He seemed sweet.

“You know you’re not suppose to stalk girls if you want to date them?” I chuckled.

“Mianhe, I will never stalk you again.” he smiled.

“But you want to date me?” I grinned.

“Ne…” He smiled sweetly.

“Okay, in one condition.” I said firmly.

He looked at me and waited for me to talk.

“You have to give me your binoculars and your night vision goggles. Cos you know, wow~” I gulped.

“Sure, no problem…” He laughed lightly and then passed me his stalking devices. That was a start. I wanted to make sure that I can trust him.

“And another thing…” I trailed off.

He smiled at me and then waited for me to continue. I could hear my stomach growling and I could smell the chicken. I looked at the bucket and then grinned at Onew.

“Can I have some chicken?” I requested.

He laughed once, grabbed the bucket of chicken and then his face turned serious.

“No…” He replied.

**************************************************************