Chapter IV [The Scar]

Players Beware

YAY chapter four!

-------------------------------

 

{Recap}


“I rather not take the chance of getting into trouble.”


“Then come with me to eat breakfast.” I said as I dragged her out.


=========================================

[Cafeteria]


“So tell me a little about yourself, Hebe?” I asked as I keep staring at her.


“Um there's not much to say.” Hebe said as she played with her figures.


“What's you favorite food.” I asked.


“Ice cream.” Hebe said.


“Really? What your favorite flavor?”I asked.


“Um I rather not say.” Hebe said.


“Come on, just tell me.” I said.


“Um are you sure it's ok to be here?” Hebe asked as she looked around. I just laugh at her.


“Don't you know who I am?” I asked.


“Yes, your Aaron Yan a mean jerk that I should stay away from.” Hebe said.


“Owch! That hurt.” I said jokingly. “Who told you that, your boyfriend, Jay?”


“Jay's not my boyfriend, just a childhood friend, who looks out for me.” Hebe said.


“Oh I see. So do you want a boyfriend?” I asked. She smiles at me. I think I got her now.


“Only if he's not a player.” Hebe said with a smile as she walked off. What? Did she just...? I look up and saw that she was gone. She was no where in the cafeteria. Aish! How do I get this girl to date me? Hmm...I need to think of a plan. Lets see...Chun's getting pretty close to Ella, so she's out of the question. Jiro said he wants to woo Selina, so all I have left is...Rainie. Wait she related to Jay...but that's never stopped me before, so maybe if I get close to Rainie, she'll come to except me. Hmm...will this work...I get to try it anyways.

{End of Recap}


{Aaron's POV}

[Break time]


“So Hebe, where did you live before?” I asked as I tried to make a conversation.


“Somewhere.” Hebe answered.


“Where?” I asked confused.


“Let me ask you a question.” Hebe said as she faced me.


“Ok, shot.” I said.


“Why do you want to know?”


“Because I want to get to know you better.” I said with a smirk.


“Hey, Hebe do you want to go play some basketball?” Ella asked.


“Sure.” Hebe said. “Later, Aaron.”


“Wait, I'll come too.” I said as I followed them.


“Great, you'll be on Chun's team.” Ella said. “Oh wait, then we need to find Rainie.”


“Why? Wouldn't it be two v. two?” I asked.


“No, Chun thinks if he has more people blocking me, he'll win for once.” Ella said. “So it was going to be three v. three, but now its four v. three.”


“Well, I think we can still beat them with only three people.” Hebe said.


“But then Chun will say—“ Ella said.


“It will be an unfair game. He's always like that.” I said. “I think Rainie might be in the library.”


“True, I'll go get her.” Hebe said.


“I—“


“Come on, pretty boy.” Ella said as she dragged me. “We'll wait at the basketball court.”


========================================

[basketball court]


“Alright, everyone's here.” Chun said.


“Yup.” Everyone said.


“Great, now let's get started then.” Chun said.


“Ok, heads you guys start first and tails for the girls to start first.” Ella said as she flipped a coin. “Damn, its heads.”


“Ok, let's play.” Hebe said.


“Yeah, let's start already.” I said as I took the ball from Ella to prevent her from chucking it at my face again. I looked at Ella and she gave me a weird look. “What?”


“Nothing, nothing. Let's just start.” Ella said as she tried to prevent herself from laughing.


“I'm not scared of you! If that's what your thinking!” I shouted.


“It's ok if you scared of a girl, Aaron.” Hebe said as she started to giggle a bit.


“I'm NOT!” I defended myself.


“Whatever.” S.H.E.R said. I just rolled my eyes at them.


=-=-=-=-=-=-=[Start of Game]-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


“Block Ella!” Chun shouted as he tried to make a shot but failed.


“HA! In your face!” Hebe said. For she was the one who blocked Chun's shot. “Ella's not the only one who's good at basketball.”


“Way to go Hebe!” Rainie shouted as she ran towards Hebe to give her a high five.


“Calvin, what's the score?” I asked.


“O to 1.” Calvin said. “We're losing. By ONE!”


“Man, how are we losing to them?” Jiro asked.


“Maybe if you stop daydreaming about Selina, we be tied by now.” Calvin half shouted.


“Hey, hey, I wasn't daydreaming. I was um...” Jiro said.


“Whatever you say man.” I said as walked toward Chun, who was still frozen in his spot.


“Um is he ok?” Hebe asked concern.


“He'll be fine. Chun, Ella's about to make another shot.” I said as he snapped out of his thought.


“Not on my watch.” Chun said as he ran towards Ella to block her.


“What the hell are you doing?” Ella asked as Chun tried to block her.


“Making sure you don't make another shot.” Chun said as he realize that she didn't have the ball. “Aaron!”


“I was just snapping you out of your thoughts.” I said. “Ok let's get going on this game, class is about to start.”


“When did you care about being on time?” Jiro asked.


“Just go get the ball monkey!” I shouted as I pointed to the ball.


“I'm not a MONKEY!” Jiro said.


“Well you do act like one.” Selina said.


“I...I'll go get the ball.” Jiro said as walk away.


“Damn, he's sure gotten soft.” Calvin said.


“I know right.” I said in agreement.


=-=-=-=-=-=-=[Scores now 3 to 4]-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


{Hebe's POV}


“Alright girls. All we need is one more point and we win.” Ella said.


“Ok, so who's gonna make the last shot?” Rainie asked.


“Selina.” Ella said.


“What?” Rainie and I shouted.


“Shh!” Ella said as she look over to the guys and then back at us. “Yes, Sel is going to make the last shot, because they think Sel can't play 'good'. But we all know that is a load of BS.”


“True but Ella, Sel hasn't play any sports in like forever.” Rainie said as she look at Selina who was still in shock.


“That's were I have a back up plan.” Ella said as she smirked at me.


“Hey, you girls done yet?” Chun asked from across the court.


“Everyone got the plan?” Ella asked.


“Yeah.” We all said as we headed back to the guys.


“Ok' who's had the ball last?” Chun asked.


“We did.” Aaron said.


“Ok, so its your ball.” Chun said as he passed Ella the ball.


“Aaron! Block Rainie!” Chun shouted as Rainie passed the ball to Selina, who caught

it easily.


“Selina! Go for the basket!” Ella shouted as she tried to get away from Chun and Calvin.


“WHAT! They fooled us! Jiro! Forget Hebe, go block Selina!” Chun shouted as he pointed to Sel.


“Are you stupid!? He can't block her!” Aaron shouted as ran toward Sel and I took this chance to get close to Sel, to get the ball. “Jiro! Block Rainie! I'll block Selina!”


“Selina! Shot!” I shouted. As we all predicted Sel missed the shot. Man, she is rusty.


“Aaron! Pass the ball to me!” Jiro shouted.


“HEBE! NOW!” Ella shouted. I ran in between Aaron and Jiro and took the ball before Jiro could catch it.


“Hebe over HERE!” Selina shouted. I dibbled toward the basket and faked pass to Selina once I saw Aaron trying to steal the ball. I was about to shot when Jiro came out of no where. Seeing the size difference I was the one who fell down. And I landed on my ankle wrongly.


“HEY! That was charging!” Ella shouted.


“No it wasn't! It was called a block!” Jiro shouted back.


“Hebe, are you alright?” Selina asked as she came down to me level.


“I'm fine.” I said as I tried to get up but failed.


“I think you landed on your ankle, Hebe.” Rainie said as examined both my ankles.


“Jiro, that was a charge. And you know it.” Chun said.


“Geez Jiro, don't you have brain.” Calvin said as he smack Jiro in the head. “I mean their STILL girls for god sake!”


“OW!” Jiro and I both shouted.


“Its a sprain ankle.” Rainie said.


“Look what you did you monkey!” Selina shouted as she hit Jiro's head.


“OW!” Jiro shouted again.


“Let me have a look at it.” Chun said as took my ankle that Rainie was just looked at. Slowly Chun pulled my shoe off. I was whining in pain. “Sorry, but just bare with it for a bit.” I only nodded. I can see why some girls like him. He's so caring. He slowly pull my sock off as he was pulling it off he touch the spot that hurt the most and I ended up kicking him straight in the face.


“I'm so So SO SORRY!” I said.


“No, no it's fine.” Chun said as he pinched the bottom of his nose.


“Is it broken?” I asked.


“No. I don't think so.” Chun said as let go of his nose and blood came out. “Aish!” Chun quickly lean his head back to prevent it from bleeding anymore.


“Damn! Hebe you can kick!” Calvin said. “Right Aaron?” Everyone looked at Aaron. He seems lost in his own world. “Aaron? What's wrong with you?” Aaron slowly lifted his hand up and pointed to my ankle. “Huh?” Everyone turned to look at my ankle.


“Hebe, where did you get that scar?” Jiro asked in shock.


“It's nothing.” I said as I quickly covered it with my hand. “Ow.”


{Aaron's POV}


“Let me have a look at it.” Chun said as took the ankle that Rainie was just looked at. Slowly Chun pulled Hebe's shoe off. Hebe was whining in pain. “Sorry, but just bare with it for a bit.” Hebe only nodded. Chun slowly pull Hebe's sock off as he was pulling it off he did something and ended up getting kicked in the face.


“I'm so So SO SORRY!” Hebe said.


“No, no it's fine.” Chun said as he pinched the bottom of his nose.


“Is it broken?” Hebe asked.


“No. I don't think so.” Chun said as let go of his nose and blood came out. “Aish!” Chun quickly lean his head back to prevent it from bleeding anymore. Wait, what's that on her ankle?


“Damn! Hebe you can kick!” Calvin said. “Right Aaron?” Is that a scar? Wait t-t-th-th-that's in the exact same spot Ah Bee had her scar! It can't be? Are they the same person? No, no. Ah Bee died in a car accident! “Aaron? What's wrong with you?” I snapped out of my thought and I slowly lifted my hand up and pointed to Hebe's ankle. “Huh?” Everyone turned to look at Hebe's ankle.


“Hebe, where did you get that scar?” Jiro asked in shock. I could tell by the sound of his voice that he remembers. Of course he remembers something like that. Wait! If he remembers than maybe I'm right. They might be the same person. I mean Jiro doesn't even really know what happen to Ah Bee. I only told him that she moved away. Aish! Aaron stop thinking like that!


“It's nothing.” Hebe said as she quickly covered it with her hand. “Ow.”


“Stop it!” Jiro shouted as he removed her hand. “How the hell did you get this?”


“My parents told me it was from a swimming accident.” Hebe said. “I don't really remember how it happen.”


“Where was the swimming accident!?” Jiro shouted as he gripped her hand tighter.


“Jiro, its not her. So cool it.” I said as I pulled him away from Hebe.


“No! I'm not just going to 'cool it'!” Jiro said. “Aaron don't you see it! Its the same! She's Ah Bee!”


“No she's not!” I said. “If she was Ah Bee she would have remembered ME!”


“Aaron open your freaking eyes! She sitting right in front of you!” Jiro shouted. “I mean I could never forget that scar I gave her. I was the one th—“


“Don't remind me!” I said as I grabbed him by his shirt collar. “If you do, I'll remember how much I wanted to kill you that day, for hurting HER!”


“Um...could you two stop arguing?” Hebe asked. I pushed Jiro away and went to pick up Hebe. “Wh-wh-what a-are y-you doing?”


“Bring you to the nurse.” I said as I continued to carry her.


“No! I want to bring her! Why the hell do you always get to be her hero!?” Jiro shouted as he tried to grab Hebe from me.


“What the hell Jiro!” I said as I spun around to prevent him from taking her.


“Give her to me!” Jiro said. “I mean it was my fault. I should be the one bring her to the nurse.”


“Jiro, she's not Ah Bee!” I shouted.


“Ow! She's right here in your arms!” Hebe shouted.


“Yah! Don't shout when your so close to me.” I said as I loosen my grip on her a little.


“You did it first.” Hebe said, trying not to fall out of my arms.


“Oh right. Sorry.” I said as I walk toward the school but was stopped by Jiro again. “Jiro, now's not the time to be messing around.”


“Just give Ah Bee to me.” Jiro said with his arms out. Why the hell did this dude have to have a crush on MY AH BEE!


“JIRO, AH BEE FREAKING DIED IN A CAR ACCIDENT!” I shouted.


“What?” Jiro said confused. I ignored him and walk off to the nurse.


==================================

[Nurse]


“Make sure you don't put too much weight on your ankle.” I said as I finished wrapping it. “Hm? I wonder where the nurse went?”


“Um thank you.” Hebe said quietly.


“No problem.” I said. “Well, we better had back to class.”


“You can go first, I have to wait for the nurse.” Hebe said.


“Its time for you to take your medication?” I questioned.


“Um yeah.” Hebe said as she look down.


“Alright, see you later.” I said.


================================================

{Hebe's POV}

[After School]


“So Hebe did you sign up for any clubs?” Selina asked.


“Nope.” I said.


“You should join the photography club.” Rainie said. “Its loads of fun.”


“I'll pass on that.” I said as I remembered the last time I join. I was taking a picture of a bird and as I was going closer to get a better shot...I stepped on a frog! I killed an innocent frog! IT never did anything to me! (TT_TT)


“How ab—“ Ella said.


“NO!” I shouted as I remembered how bossy Ella is about sports. “I mean no thanks guys. I don't think I'm gonna join a club.”


“What about dance?” Selina asked.


“Dance? Hmm...maybe, I'll think about it.” I said.


“All of you can join my club.” Aaron said.


“Stop listening in on our conversation.” I said.


“Well, I wasn't really. I just wanted to ask Rainie if the photography club are still letting people join?” Aaron said.


“They are. Why?” Rainie asked.


“I wanted to join. Just to see why you find it so fun to take photos all day.” Aaron said. “You seem so happy doing it.”


“Ok, um I'm heading there right now wanna come?” Rainie asked.


“Sure.” Aaron said.


“Alright, um see you later guys.” Rainie said as she left with Aaron.


“Somethings up.” I said as watched them leave.


“What?” Selina asked.


“Why would he...is he trying...hmm?” I said as I went into a deep thought.


“I think I know.” Ella said smirking.


“What?” Selina asked again.


“He's using her.” I said as I realize it.


“What?!” Selina said.


“Rainie is being used.” Ella said.


“WHAT!” Selina shouted.


“Stop it with the WHAT'S will you!” Ella and I shouted.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

so how was the chapter? I don't really have a lot to say today but thank you all for your comments and support!

2010/14/7 U.S. Time