Chapter 1

Love still goes on

 



{Krystal's POV}


A new semester at school, geez give me a break. I wasn't looking forward to the pile of homework that I was going to get sent home with today. However, there was something I was looking forward to about today. It was seeing Jonghyun. He was my sister's boyfriend, but before they were going out I had feelings for him. He was so suave, and care free. It was annoying, but charming at the same time. He was just so natural it was hard not to like him. I was completely drowning in thoughts of my unrequited crush that I didn't even notice my best friend Sulli approach me.

“Yo! Soojung-ah! You alive?”

“Yeah, sorry.”

“What were you thinking so deeply about?”

“Jonghyun...”

“I don't understand what you see in him. He's your sister's boyfriend too! Don't like him anymore. Minho oppa talks about him enough already.”

“I know he's her boyfriend, but it's not like I'd ever act on my feelings. If I'm not allowed to like him then who should I like?”

“Me!” She wrapped her arms around me tightly, and pulled me into a comfortable back hug. I rubbed her cold feeling hands, and leaned back against her. She was always so comforting, but I never knew if she was joking or not when she suggested me liking her. I never asked her because I figured she was joking about it.

“Heh, how can I like you whenever you have guys all over you all the time?”

“They like me! I don't like them!”

“Sure you expect me to believe that. Come on let's go to class.”

She didn't say anything back, and grabbed my hand in her own. We walked to class hand in hand as we usually did. My mind strayed back to him as soon as we were seated in class. I couldn't stop thinking about last night whenever he serenaded Jessica. His voice was so beautiful, and he played guitar really well. I had tried to compliment him about it but he just treated me like a little kid. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. I'm not really anything special when compared to Jessica. She always has the top grades in school, and is president of student council. Everyone loves her, and then there is me.

I'm just a mediocre student, and member of the soccer team. Jessica used to play soccer too, but she stopped having enough time to do it, so she told me to take her place instead. She was the star player, and I'm just a normal one. The star player of the girl's soccer team is Sulli, and the star of the male one is her brother Minho. I'm really not good at anything, except being my sister's shadow. Most people don't even know my name. I'm just Jessica's sister to them.

This semester I want to make myself into a new person. I want to be make a name for myself, and not just be Jessica's sister. I want people to know that I am my own person, and I have a name too. I laid my head on the desk, totally ignoring what our teacher was lecturing about. It's not like if it had been any other day I would of listened anyways. I was dozing off until I heard the door creek open. The whole class was making ooh's and ah's. I looked up to see my sister.

“The student council president has a few words to say to you class.” Our teacher said.

“Oh! Soojung-ah! You look so pretty today.” She sauntered over to my desk, and planted a long kiss on my cheek. My face flushed red immediately, and everyone started laughing. Some people were saying how lucky I was to have her as my sister, and the others were saying they were jealous. I can't believe people were saying that wanted to be me just so they could be kissed by her every day.

“D-Don't do that!” I stammered, and slammed my fist down on the desk. She smirked, and returned to the front of the class. I watched her looking through some notes, obviously preparing some type of speech. Everyone was staring at me, and my face was still burning up.

“Ahahaha your face!” Sulli pointed, and laughed.

I elbowed Sulli, but she kept laughing! I buried my face in my arms, and just tried to ignore everyone around me. I could hear Jessica blabbering on about how all students should follow the dress code, and rules. I was still beat red. I sank further down in my seat, and sighed. How was I going to make myself stand out as a different person if everyone just took me as a joke?? I shifted through my thoughts, and sighed in relief whenever I saw Jessica leaving. She blew me a kiss, and everyone laughed at me again! Her hobby was definitely torturing me.

Class ended, and I walked out quickly. I waited for Sulli to catch up, but when I peeked inside the class I saw some guy flirting with her as usual. I decided to wait for her to finish up with him anyways. I turned to look down the hall, and my heart skipped a beat whenever I saw Jonghyun himself approaching me.

“There you are. I've been looking for you Soojung-ah.” He gave me one of his cocky, and cheeky smiles. His smiles have never failed to melt me. I stood there smiling like an idiot, until I saw him raise an eyebrow. I quickly regained my composure, and folded my arms across my chest trying to look cold.

“You have?” I said in an icy voice. He started to chuckle, and ruffled his hand through my hair. I sighed, and tried to sweep it back into place. I guess I wasn't the best at acting, yet.

{Jonghyun’s POV}


I ruffled her hair which made her pull and face and try to brush it back into place. She could be really weird and cute sometimes. She gave me a strange look, a mix between pissed and bored, this strange girl, I recognised that look from her sister.
“Well go on! What is it?” she said looking impatient, totally weird she seemed happy to see me a minute ago. I laughed at her then tried to imitate her pissy look which made her make a frustrated sound in response.


“Stop messing about oppa! Jeez, I don’t get what my sister sees in you…What do you want?!” she almost screamed. I pulled a mock hurt look and couldn’t take it anymore and burst out laughing, “Oh man you should see your face. Okay okay, I’ll quit messing around, close your eyes.” She gave me a questioning look and said “What? Is this another one of your strange jokes?” I put my hand over her eyes and said, “No no, I’m serious, hold out your hands too.” I made her hold out her hands in front of her and pulled out a small box I had in my bag and put it on her hands.

 “Tada! That’s why I was looking for you, to give you this.” She opened her eyes and stared at the small box I had placed on her hands, Sica had given it to me to give to Soojung as she didn’t have time earlier. She continued to eye the box and then looked up to me, confusion in her face.


“Oppa..? Huh? This is for me?” she said softly. I grinned at her and nodded, “Yep! This is for you, Sica asked me to give it to you. I gotta go now Soojung-ah, see you later!” I ruffled her hair once more and made my way towards the music room.

{Krystal’s POV}
I couldn't help, but feel nothing but sheer disappointment. I thought it was from him. Why did I even expect something like that? I should of known I'll just be the little sister to him. I sighed deeply, and looked down at the small box in my palms. From unnie huh? She could of given it to me while she in my classroom earlier. I bet she had him deliver this to me on purpose just to get me all riled up! Argh! She was just the type too. Honestly, I swear she lived just to torture me. I flipped the lid open on the box, and raised an eyebrow at the contents contained. A ticket, and a hand written letter. I looked at the ticket closely, it was a ticket to a musical I had been wanting to see for months. I felt a huge smile draped across my face, and I opened the letter.

Dear Soojung,

You're growing up so fast! I remember yesterday it seemed like you were just born. I know how much you've been wanting to see this musical so I got tickets for the two of us. This is just one part of all the birthday presents I've gotten you this year. After the show is done I've got something important to tell you, so look forward to it.

Xoxoxo Jessica~♥

I put the letter back into the box, and smirked. Jessica, every year you claim to have something important to tell, and yet you use that moment every time to embarrass me. Last year at my birthday party you pushed me into our pool in front of all my friends! They still bring it up! The year before that you shoved my head into my own cake! I'm not going to let you fool me again this year with your crappy pranks! I was happy, but at the same time I felt seriously annoyed that she was going to turn, and pull another stunt this year. I groaned, and felt someone tap my shoulder. I peered over to see the captain, and star player of the soccer team himself, Choi Minho.

“Why are you moping around in the halls? It's time for soccer practice don't you know? You weren't trying to skip out were you?”

“...I wasn't sunbae.”

“Hurry up, and get changed into your uniform! Get my sister too. If you're one minute late then you'll be in for it.”

“..Right.”

I watched the muscle head storm down the hall with a soccer ball under his arm, he looked all high and mighty. I really began to wonder if all that guy thought about was sports. Sulli had claimed that he too had feelings for Jonghyun, but I had no idea why. Why would a muscle head, and a block head have anything reason to like each other? Maybe, it was their lack of brains.

“I heard my oppa! Was he here?” I looked over, and saw that Sulli had finally come out of the classroom. The guy she was talking to earlier was going the opposite way of us. He looked dejected, he was probably turned down like the others. He wasn't that bad looking, she could of given him a chance.

“He wants us at practice right away.”

“Oh crap! We're gonna be late!”

She grabbed my hand, and sprinted down the hall with me lagging behind her. She really knew how to run fast! She was about to push the door open to the locker room, until I pulled away from her. I pointed to right across the hall to the boy's locker room. Minho, and Jonghyun were in conversation about something. They were so loud too, I could heard them clearly.

“You should listen to my new song.” Jonghyun said with one of his cheeky, up to no good smiles.

“I'll listen to it after practice hyung.” Minho replied. I didn't expect that he was really the type who got sentimentally into music like Jonghyun did.

“Can I watch you practice?” I heard my crush asked, and I suddenly felt very nervous. I really didn't want him to watch us.

“Of course you can!” Minho answer immediately. Why was this happening!?

“Oh! Soojung-ah! Hi!” Jonghyun had noticed I was watching him, and started waving at me.

“H-Hi..” I managed to get out in a shaky sounding voice. Not cool.

“Ignore him!” Sulli shouted in a harsh way.

She dragged me into the locker room, and went over to her own locker to change. I didn't get why she didn't like Jonghyun. She seemed kind of jealous, maybe she secretly liked him too? Wow, I hope not. That would be way too weird. I shook my head to snap out of the odd thoughts, and opened my locker. I changed into my uniform, and went on to the soccer field with my other team mates. We were practicing with the boy team today also. I looked over on the sidelines, and saw Jonghyun sitting on a lawn chair observing us. Dammit, how was I supposed to focus on soccer when he's around??

Practice went on like usual, stretching, warm up, and then a mock game. Minho had made our practice  teams co-ed, because he thought it was more fair. I think it was his way of being ashamed still from the time our girl team beat his boy team. I was in the middle of a pass, and kicked to my team mate whenever I heard a familiar voice cheering me on.

“Soojung-ah! Fighting!” I turned, and looked at Jonghyun waving his arms around like an idiot, and smiled at him. I was about to reply, but BAM I was struck in the back of the head with the ball. I fell over into the grass, and entire team burst into laughter. I laid there glaring at them, and heard Jonghyun laughing a long too. Geez, thanks for caring about me guys. I was about to get up, but I was lifted into the air by Sulli.

“I'll take her back to the locker room.” She said, and dashed back towards the school. The only thing I could see in my peripheral vision was Jonghyun still laughing his off. At that very moment, just that single moment, I let myself hate him. Sulli placed me down on the locker room bench, and caressed my aching skull. I only felt embarrassed, and angry.

“Are you alright?”

“Not really.”

“If your head hurts I can kiss it better.”

“I just want to go home.” I buried my face deep into my knees, and I felt her arms wrap around me tightly. Despite, that she would always laugh at me too, I was grateful to have a friend like her by my side. We sat there in silence for quite awhile until she told me that the bell would ring soon, so we both changed back into our school uniforms. We didn't have our last class of the day together, so I had to bear it alone. Our last period teacher was late, so I took the opportunity for a much needed nap. I was awoken sometime later by the last bell, I felt relieved that I was finally going to be able to go home. I decided to send a text to my sister who was half way across the school, it was our thing. We had always texted each other after school.

'Unnie, what are you doing now? x'


{Jessica’s POV}
I’d lost count the amount of times I had been looking at the clock since the lesson started; it’s amazing how slow time seems to go when you’re so close to the end of a school day. I had managed to block out whatever the teacher was droning on about long ago and concentrate all of my attention onto drawing a picture on my note book. I turned to look at one of my friends, Sooyoung who looked up briefly from her notebook to mouth “I’m hungry.” She’s always hungry.


The entire class breathed a collective sigh of relief as the bell rang for the end of the school day and everyone packed up their stuff and quickly exited the room. I vaguely heard the teacher say something about revising for a small quiz tomorrow but words quickly left my mind as soon as I felt my friend, Sunkyu link arms with mine and enthusiastically squeal “FINALLY! I thought that class would never end, where are we going now?” We turned to the rest of our friends for any confirmation and were met with Sooyoung pushing the rest of them towards the school’s exit desperately saying “FOOD. WE NEED TO GET FOOD.”


We had reached the grounds of the school and had dispersed into our own little groups, chattering mindless chatter about everything and anything when I was met will a familiar face at the school gates. “Hey babe! How was class?” My boyfriend, Kim Jonghyun pulled me into a hug and kissed me lightly. It was obvious he had been skipping school, again. “Did you skip class AGAIN?” I said. He put his arm around me while we walked and grinned mischievously at my accusation. He smelt vaguely of smoke, he’d obviously been hanging around his musician friends. “I was technically at school… I was in the music room, practicing. I wrote a song as well, I’d say that’s pretty productive.” He smiled one of his stupidly attractive smiles, obviously pleased with himself. “Whatever.”

I muttered trying to hide my amusement. I felt my phone vibrate and looked at the screen to see that I had received a text from my baby sister. “Unnie, what are you doing now? x” it read, it was nothing out of the ordinary; she’d always text me after class if we did not see each other. “Nothing much just going to hang out with the girls and Jonghyun, you? x” I replied. I received another message from her not long after saying, “Oh. Okay. Have fun.” No kiss at the end, perhaps she was upset? Obviously Jonghyun had spotted my mild confusion and said, “What’s up? Is it Soojung-ah? Tell her I say hi!” I laughed at his weirdness as he went back to talking to my friends. I decided to not think too much into my sister’s message and joined in the conversation that my friends were having.


We finally reached our usual hang out destination, a little park not too far from my house. We all sat in our usual space, and as usual Jonghyun was making himself the centre of attention by telling a joke about… I don’t know. His jokes were always lame, or dirty… but he somehow managed to make people laugh, I gotta say he does know how to liven things up. It’s not that I don’t like him, in fact, I like him more than I initially planned to but I do have other reasons for dating him. People tell me that I could date whoever I want, not sure if I really believe that but apparently it was a surprise when people heard that we were dating. I’m the student council president, I have top grades, I guess you could say I’m a goodie goodie. Jonghyun, he’s a little rough around the edges, he skips class to play music and maybe is too much of a flirt. He is a good guy though, very caring and attentive, cheesy as hell, but I can’t help feel a little pang of guilt when I think about our relationship. For my own reasons, I’m not 100% in it, and I know he is.