CHAPTER 9

TAINTED

 

CHAPTER 9
 
“Minho-ssi are you having the usual?”, a small man wearing an apron around his neck, obviously the waiter,  asked Minho as soon as he had taken his seat. 
 
“You know me too well Hyung.”, Minho responded with a huge smile. He has always been a regular costumer of the Lyn’s Diner. The place serves one of the best noodles in town.
When the waiter was about to leave Minho called his attention to add some to his usual orders.
 
“Hyung can you give me 1 bottle of Suju?”, the waiter seemed flustered since it was the first time Minho ordered Suju at high noon. Even so, the waiter gives him a nod of approval and continued his way to the counter.
 
‘I wonder why she seems sad.’ This was the thought that keeps on lingering his mind since the incident lately. He can only trail sadness and agony in her beautiful eyes. Why does he feel like sympathizing with the girl he doesn’t even know?
 
“Aish!”, Minho blurted while bending his head down, thankful that he hasn’t caught too much attention.
 
‘Get a grip Minho! She obviously doesn’t want to be friends with you!’, he  keeps on repeating these words on his mind. Thank god his order came shortly bringing him back to his consciousness that seems to be leaving him constantly since the mysterious lady came living next door.
 
‘I will definitely befriend you. Let’s start with knowing your name first.’ He was smiling like mad right now and anyone who could see might think his consciousness has left him out for good.
 
 
_________________at Yunho’s condo________________
 
 
Yoona had managed to force Yunho in taking a bite but she was still worried since Yunho barely touched his food. Yoona didn’t force him further and just continued to interrogate Yunho after they had finished.
 
“So Oppa, what really happened huh?” Yoona asked at her cousin who still can’t seem to take in everything.
 
“She thinks I’m cheating on her.”, Yunho was close to stuttering when he finally said those words.
 
“But Yoona, you know I can’t do that to Yuri. I love her so much you know that!”, Yunho was quick to defend himself even before Yoona could ask him.
 
“Oppa I believe you. But I don’t think Yuri would accuse you of anything if she doesn’t have basis?” Yoona had been going in and out of the household ever since Ara was still inside Yuri’s womb which helped her and Yuri to become closer as time goes by and she knows how Yuri loves her Oppa so much and won’t just leave without any reason.
 
After hearing Yoona’s question, the sight of his stained shirt, the reason for Yuri’s departure, came crawling back his mind. He stood up leaving a curious Yoona and entered their bedroom, shortly he came back with the shirt in his hands.
 
“There. That’s the reason.” He said while slightly throwing the shirt to Yoona.
At first, Yoona couldn’t see why Yuri would leave for a piece of shirt but as she was closely looking at the collar of the shirt, she saw the lipstick stain on it. No further explanation needed.
 
“This isn’t Yuri’s lipstick right?”, she asked while holding the collar higher. Yunho shook his head in reply.
 
“And this is definitely not your lipstick?”, she asked attempting to lighten the mood a bit but when she saw the serious face of her Oppa, she decided to stop further attempts.
 
“I need her back Yoona. I need them back”, his tone was on the verge of crying but he realized he has had enough of the tear shedding for the day and decided to hold them back.
 
Yoona stood up on her sit and began walking back and forth. 
 
“Hmm let’s see, where do you think she’ll go right now?” Yoona thought that before he could take them back, they need to know Yuri’s whereabouts.
 
Yunho stood up and went running to his room. After getting hold of his car keys he stepped out of the room and looked at Yoona.
 
“I know the place. Come with me Yoong.” He dragged Yoona before she could agree.
 
 
______________at Yuri’s place_____________
 
 
Yuri had just come home from a tiring visit from the grocery. She rested Ara on top of her bed and went to the kitchen to unload her groceries.
 
As she was busy with her groceries she suddenly thought of Yunho.
 
“It’s lunchtime. Has he eaten lunch by now?”, it was her regular routine to check on Yunho if he had taken his meals. She hates is when he skips his meals. But now she hates that she’s even talking to herself thinking of him. 
 
“Aish! Why wouldn’t he eat? Maybe his mistress is calling him right now to check if he has taken his lunch. Or maybe they’re taking it together as I speak.” Yuri can’t stop talking to herself. She stopped unloading her groceries and shifted her attention on making Ara’s milk.
 
Thankfully the dispenser was still working; she doesn’t need to worry giving Ara clean water. Once finished, she shakes the bottle and went straight to Ara. She smiled looking at her daughter.
 
“Hungry baby?” she was answered with an excited giggle from Ara.  She seems excited at the sight of her milk. 
 
“Arasso. Here’s your milk.”, Yuri carried her in her arms and felt the warmth of her small frame. She inserted the bottle on her small lips. Ara has been extra behaved this day. 
 
“You seem to know that umma isn’t feeling so well right now that’s why you’re being so quiet today huh.”, she playfully daughter amazed that she seems to know her feelings. ‘You really are my daughter.’, she thought.
 
A few moments more and Ara was dozing off to dreamland. “My baby must’ve been tired. I’m sorry for troubling you Ara.”, she carefully tucked Ara inside her warm blanket and kissed her forehead and sat down at the edge of the bed. She leaned her head closer to the headboard and let her head feel the hard wood.
 
“What now?”, she let out a big sigh and started to think of what her next step would be. She can’t possibly cage herself and Ara inside the room all day. She needed to do something to keep her life moving forward. She has to prove to Yunho that she doesn’t need a cheating boyfriend for her and Ara to live. Then suddenly she thought of an idea.
 
“That’s it! I need to keep living for me and for Ara so I need to find myself a job.” Although she wasn’t able to finish college due to her sudden pregnancy, Yuri still has quite some abilities that could land her a decent job. She has to do this on her own since her parents had no idea what had happened to her and Yunho.
 
“That’s right I need to get a job as soon as possible.” After saying this to herself, she shifted her gaze to Ara and her hair. “We can do this Ara. I’ll do everything for us. We’re on own now.”
Her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden knock on her door. Nervousness took over cause she knows he had found his way to her.
 
 
 
 
Minho was about to finish his one bottle of Suju when suddenly he felt something vibrating through the thick cloth of his pants. He pulled out his phone from his right pocket and answered the call.
 
“Tiffany what’s up? Do I have any appointments?” It was Tiffany, Minho’s trustful secretary.
 
“Sir I’ve actually cancelled all your appointments for the day as you have instructed but your dad called the office and he needs to speak to you.” Minho could sense worry in her voice. Tiffany usually has this obsessive compulsive tendency at times.
 
“What? When does he want to talk?” Minho is suddenly disappointed that his day was ruined by the sudden appointment with his father.
 
“As soon as possible sir. He’s like on his way to the office right now.” Minho rose to his feet and he didn’t bother to say goodbye to his secretary before hanging up. He left a few dollars on the table and rocketed out of the diner.
 
He needs to go back to his pad to get his keys since he just walked his way to the diner. He usually doesn’t bring his car when he intends to stroll down the city. 
 
A few minutes more he was steps away from his apartment door but he suddenly halted to a stop when he saw a figure of a man and a woman beside him at the front door of his new neighbor’s apartment. 
 
 
 
Knock! Knock! Knock! Yunho was impatiently knocking at Yuri’s door. 
 
“Oppa careful! You might frighten her with those loud banging!” Yoona reminded her Oppa who’s almost literally knocking out the door!
Yuri sat still trying to decide whether she should open the door or not. ‘I need to see him though.’ She decided to open the door since she was obviously intending to do so judging from how she’s just few inches away from the door.
 
She unlocked the door and saw a furious Yunho standing in front of her looking at her with eyes full of sadness and to his left was a frowning Yoona but she could also notice a figure of a man standing near the elevator. Her heart was beating like she’s been doing sit-ups for 3 hours non-stop but it didn’t stop her from giving him a cold stare in return. ‘He still knows how to pace up my heartbeat.’ she thought to herself making sure she wasn’t talking.
 
They remained at that position for a matter of seconds before he snapped out of their staring battle and entered the room without giving Yuri the chance to stop him. ‘As usual the dominating Jung Yunho.’ she thought to herself recalling her boyfriend’s or ex-boyfriend’s bossy tendencies. Yoona gave her a ‘can-i-enter’ kind of look which she responded with a nod.
 
She locked the door after Yoona had entered. She saw Yunho kissing Ara’s little fingers. ‘He misses her.’, she thought. Ara seems to have sensed Yunho’s presence and began opening her eyes.
 
“Baby it’s daddy.”, he said still playing with Ara’s fingers. Yuri was on the verge of crying at the sight of Yunho and Ara together. They were like away for a few hours but how Yunho hugged Ara’s little body seemed like they haven’t seen each other in forever. 
Yuri knows she needs to compose herself and act tough in front of him so she decided to break the silence.
 
“What do you want?” her tone was firm, hoping that she could scare the out Yunho.
He looked at her, still hugging Ara who’s now her father’s face.
 
“You. All I want is Ara and You.” She could swear that any moment she could’ve flipped over to Yunho and pull him into a warm hug but she needs her pride to take over. 
 
“Uhm. I think you two needs to talk. I’ll take Ara for a stroll with me.” ,Yoona noticed the tension and she doesn’t want her niece to witness how her parents growl at each other and decided to retreat with her.
 
Yuri didn’t protest with Yoona’s suggestion rather, she thinks it’s best if Ara is taken away from this battlefield. 
Yunho carefully placed Ara in Yoona’s hands without shifting her gaze at Yuri.
 
After Yoona and Ara disappeared in sight, Yunho stood up and walked towards Yuri. The rage in his eyes suddenly disappeared and was replaced with eyes full of longing. He softens at the sight of his beloved Yuri. 
 
Yuri froze at her feet as Yunho was walking towards her. This is the main reason why she wants to stay away from Yunho. The way he makes her tremble and makes her heart flutter at the mere sight of him doesn’t come helpful at this moment. She woke up this morning inside his warm embrace and his sweet kisses and yet in that very morning, she has to bid goodbye to all of those.
 
She fixed her gaze on him as if every inch of her is drawing back to him as he makes his steps towards her. Fear crept into her that he might notice her weakened state. 
She was obviously drawn at her fantasy for Yunho that she hadn’t realize that he has already succeeded in claiming her into a warm hug.