Whoof

Woof

Rain. It's cold. Very cold. The heavy raindrops fall on my body and make me shiver. How is it possible for God to be so cruel towards us? I looked at my mom and my brothers. All of them were cuddled together and shivered just as hard as I did. Mum was barely breathing, I could see the steam coming out of , which was becoming one with the rain, I was hearing her heavy breathing.
How much longer did we have to keep this up? It didn't stop raining all day and we were barely able to find a place to hide. People passed us and looked at us like we were some kind of garbage. They never came back. We were begging each and every one of them to stop and take us to some dry and warm place but no one payed attention. Some of them even kicked us out of the way.
''People are so cruel.'' I jogged my mum a little, telling her that I was going out to find a better and drier shelter for the night. She just looked at me with her big sad eyes and I was off.
I got my head out just a little from the opening of the old building we were in, but went right back in when I felt the cold raindrops on my face. I looked back at my family. They were all asleep, but were still freezing, I could feel it from the way they were breathing, the way they were shivering. I took a deep breath and went out with my eyes closed, groaning silently from the pain I was feeling from the heavy drops.
I runned as fast as I could between the people. I was barely seeing through the rain but I didn't give up and continued running, for my family. In the distance, through all of the darkness and drops, which blurred my vision, I saw an abandoned building. I started running faster, even though my feet were shivering so hard, that I could barely stand.
In a few minutes I went inside, breathing heavily. At the moment I stopped my feet collapsed and I ended up on the ground. My skin was wet, I shivered just as hard as before and I couldn't breath properly but I found a way to stand up and look around the place. The building really was abandoned, some walls were gone, but they still can kept you from getting wet.
I had to go back as soon as possible so that I can bring the rest of my family here. But apparently nobody was on my side today. My feet softened again and I fell on the ground. One of the walls collapsed, thanks to the strong wind and blocked the exit, denying every chance I had to get out of here. I cuddled in a little ball and I began sobbing silently. My eyelids became heavier and heavier and my body refused to move. I couldn't save my family anymore, I myself was doomed to die here. I let the tiredness embrace me and closed my eyes, falling in the darkness.




I felt how somebody gently my head and naturally I lowered it a little. It wasn't cold anymore, in fact it was very warm and cozy. Wait. Cold? I instantly opened my eyes.
“So you waked up.” I heard a sweet voice and I looked up just to see two warm brown eyes gazing at me. “Are you okay?”  the boy asked me. The only thing I did was to look at him with disbelieve. But I remembered - my family. I was going to look for shelter but I've passed out from exhaustion. And now I'm in the house of this stranger and have no idea what to do. My family is gone. But then I heard a soft yelp and immediately looked in that direction. My mum was nestled in a blanket and still continued breathing heavily.
“I found them after I found you.” the boy say like he was understanding what I was thinking at that moment. I got up slowly and went to my mum “Unfortunately they weren't breathing, but she was hanging on all night for you.“ I looked sadly at my mother who was gazing at me with eyes filled with love and care. “But I don't think she will hold on much longer.” and with that I couldn't hear her heart no more. I turned around with eyes full of tears towards the boy who hurried to lift me up and hug me.
“Don't worry, I'll take care of you.” he whispered and petted me gently. I raised my head and looked at him. “My name is Lee Jinki. I hope we can be friends.” He continue softly.
“Whoof.” I barked quietly and gazed in his eyes with hope. He just smiled and continued to pet me, until I was asleep again, dreaming a wonderful dream, where mom was sending me love from the sky, and me and my new owner were living happily.
I knew that I can live from now on. Because now I have Jinki who will take care of me. The only one that takes me home and save me. So everything will be alright.