Me & Myself

Me & Myself

''Why did nobody tell me?
Why did you leave me to find out by myself?
Why didn't YOU show me?
That the world doesn't exist without this?''

 

"Come on, come." I shouted towards her. I didn't know her. I just wanted to see her face. "Come." I repeated. She was clenched in a little ball, her had on her knees, waiting for something. I knew that she was just waiting. Her long red hair almost covered her, but you could clearly see her ripped clothes and shoes.
"Who are you?" She whispered. I couldn't blame her for not coming. "Where are you?" I heard her voice again. "Go away."
Where was I? I stepped forward, but it was like I've walked miles. I was no longer at that empty place, which I didn't know. Now I was in the city that I lived.
I made another step forward, then another one and another one. I found myself at my school's back yard. The leafs were falling from the trees, covering the ground. I went to the door and went inside. The hallways were empty, silence was embracing everything. I was wandering through the floors, but didn't see anyone. It was probably a day off or somethi- Wait... Which day is it? I went out of the building. This silence was driving me crazy.
I started running through the streets. I felt the wind was smashing in me, like it wanted me to go back. Like it didn't allow me to go further. Actually, where was I going? I had no idea, I just kept running. I wanted to escape from the silence which was following me. I was starting to feel it taking over my mind.
I suddenly stopped. My home! I quickly came in and shouted in relief:
"I'm home!" But nobody answered me. The lights were on, but the house was empty. "Helloo? Is anybody here?" I shouted again. Nothing. I walked around every room, setting the lights off behind me, but I still didn't find anyone. I went out of the house. I felt something pounding towards my body. It was raining. The rain was trying to hurt me. I just knew it.
I looked my home again and the next thing I knew was that I was running on the street screaming. All the lights were on. I'm sure that I set them off. While I was running I noticed that all the houses were bright. But all of them were empty. Something was happening. NO! I wasn't supposed to run.
I suddenly stopped. I made a small step forward - just like the first one. The same thing happened. I was in the center of the town in seconds. And they were there. All of them were gathered together, looking down at something.
"Hey!" I shouted, but nobody turned around. I ran to them and made my way to the center. But nobody noticed while I was doing all of this. And then I froze.
She was clenched in a little ball, her head on her knees. Her long red hair almost covered her, but you could clearly see her ripped clothes and shoes. The rain continued pounding my body. The pain from him was nothing compared to this.
"Come on, Amber." I heard a familiar voice calling my name. The red-haired girl was talking to me. "Come." She repeated.
"Who are you?" I asked, scared to dead. I looked around. All the people were gone. And then I realized that the rain wasn't actually rain. It was the tears of the people in the town.
"You." She said simply and lifted her head. Her black eyes gazed in my own. "Come." She invited me again. It was weird. Just an hour before I was playing in the park with the kids and my parents were laughing with us. Just a minute ago I was calling this girl to come to me. And now it was all backwards.
I made a little step closer to her and I found myself just next to her. As I took her hand I went through her body… and I felt whole again.
I felt something warm towards my skin. It wasn't raining anymore. The sun lighted my world. Again I stood in the park with all the kids and parents. And there was the darkness again. It was just too good to be true. It started to rain again, the sun hiding itself behind the dark clouds. In the distance the lighted up houses could be seen again. I was at the park again, but this time I was alone. There was nobody around me… or at least no one alive. The bodies of my loved-ones were lying all over the park.
"Come on, Amber." Her voice came up to me. I gazed at the sky and there I saw her. No... I saw myself. I was covered in blood. I smiled. The heavy rain drops didn't hurt anymore. I jumped and everything became alright. I wasn't alone. I had myself. The two of us together were going to look at the world from up here.
We never really lived. We just existed in others. We control their actions. Control them, him, her, and you. Everything in this world - we control it.
"I'm coming." I whispered, taking her hand.
WATCH OUT!

''Why did nobody tell me?
Why did you leave me to find out by myself?
Why didn't YOU show me?
That the world doesn't exist without this?''