Chapter 12

The Queen waiting upon Her Servent

“God damn stupid, ing idiot imbecilic ...” Bonie kept muttering, each sound ripping another swear word from . She had started this around 2 hours ago, though then there were really just one word every half an hour, and neither as colorful as some of the words she now spoke. Sora, in spite of all his good mood and enthusiasm, couldn't help but quickly become annoyed. Had he not found her interesting and if he wasn't drawn to her, then he would have thrown her aside long ago, continued by himself.

“Bonie... we're here...” he drew her attention and it took all she had not to dart inside. She didn't though, it wasn't her house, it was Sora's father's and she knew her boundaries. It would be not only stupid but downright rude of her, and Bonie Lee was anything but rude, or so she liked to tell herself.

“ Is he home? The light's are off...” she asked, falling into step with the person who not 5 hours ago she wanted to kill or brutally maim. He said nothing. Step after step they approached the one story high building, littered with mounds of snow. Bonie was very surprised when she saw it to notice that it was far better then the previous place they'd been to.

“Father?” Sora said, not raising his voice, his father was a vampire also, pure-blood, like both of them, he could hear them if he wanted. “Father...” he repeated sa no sound was heard after several seconds. They stopped, waited and listened. Nothing, not even a breath of sound. What is going on here? Somethings not right... Bonie thought to herself, but kept shut, Sora was worried enough as it was without her paranoia to add to it.

Sora, maybe he's out hunting or ..”

No! He knew we were coming, he wouldn't have left without at least leaving a note.” he argued, and she noticed his fists clenched tight.

Father!” he screamed this time and turned to flick the light switch on. Bonie blinked a few times to let her eyes adjust to the brightness. They waited again, seconds, one, two, ten, forty, a minute, nothing then Scrsh! The sound of a chair being dragged on the floor and a large thing slamming against it. Their eyes snapped towards the noise and ran as fast as they could. The room was submerged in darkness, but thanks to their vampire eyesight it proved to be no problem. There, barely standing, leaning heavily on the door frame, which almost collapsed in itself too, was a man whose features were strikingly alike to Sora's. Sora's father was wounded, bleeding from a gash at his side, and limping.

Father!” yelled Bonie's companion before rushing at his parents side in a heartbeat, if their heart beat, and biting down on his wrist to feed the injured man. She was too moving towards them, prepared to heal any other wounds for she had trained in healing with Maiya for a long time and while she wasn't as skilled as the Queen, she could hold her own.

                                                  

So you were attacked by a gang of rogue vamps?” Sora shifted the fallen tendrils from his face to question his father, all healed and safe now. Henry Sylvestri was a man of power and posture, whose well defined body could intimidate even the most secure person, it certainly affected Bonie. So much so that she has yet to personally meet him. She had waited patiently in the kitchen while Sora took care of his father's injuries and explained the situation.

Bonie? You can come in now, we need to see the next move. From... never mind, I'll tell you face to face.” the blond, scarred male invited, squeezing his head through the opening between the door and the door frame. She nodded and mentally chastised herself for being so much of a scaredy-cat.

Sure. Be right there” she flashed a smile and followed him.

Mr Sylvestri, pleasure to meet you, sir. I have heard so much abou-” she bowed respectfully, but as hse lifted her head she was startled to notice the odd look in Henry's eyes. It was a compilation of shock, recollection, warmth, love, anger and insecurity. His mouth was wide agape and letting small, unintelligible sounds. Sora was watching his father in worry. Both new comers were unsure what to do and how to react. What to say?

You... who are you?” Henry finally spoke, his voice a low, deep, guttural noise engulfed by wonder, it sounded perplexed and uncertain.

I.. I'm Bonie Lee... Are you alright?” she asked, feeling the need to make sure he was fine. She had a familiar feeling about him.

Yes, Bonie who are your parents, if you don't mind me asking?” he sat, calming down, a mask of nonchalance on his face now. Gone was the wonder, the surprise, however Bonie's just began.

I, no, I don't, but I can't answer that as I never met them. I was raised since birth by gargoyles...” she realized she had said the right thing when his eyes sparkled with joy. She was getting scared though, too many unrequited questions swarmed around her mind to be at peace.

I see...” Henry got up, exited the room leaving his son and her alone again, both intrigued and stupefied alike. He returned minutes later, a thick tome in his hands, dusty and torn. He let it smash onto the table which vibrated under it's weight before opening it at the middle. There, in the two pages were photos and a drawing, all of the same woman. Bonie felt as if she'd seen her, but then she noticed something strange. The look of longing on Sora's face told her all she needed to know, it was his mother who she knew had died.

This is Frya, she was my wife for over a century and the mother of our children. She was kind and joyful and always saw the good in everyone. She had a plan you see, when she died the war against the gargoyles was still being fought and she planned on making an alliance with them. I could never understand that, yet I tried to give her my support. She was giving birth when a small group of gargoyles ambushed our camp, finding her alone and unprotected as I was on the battlefield.That's where Sora got his scar, I'm sure you know. What I never told anyone since was that Sora was not our only child as Frya had been pregnant with twins. For years I had though that they had killed our other child and so I gave my best trying to raise my son as best as I could, yet never, in all these years, had I imagined they'd kept her alive. That they'd brought up our daughter as their own...” he ended and Bonie was crying and in shock. If this was true than what did that mean? Was she Henry and Frya Sylvestri's daughter? Sora's sister? She traced the details of the photos in front of her, the proof was there, undeniable and she laughed in disbelief. She had parents! Sure her mother was dead by the hands of her surrogate family yet that didn't bother her, she had a father and even a brother! She couldn't even blame the gargoyles as they'd cared for her all these years, their enemy's daughter!

She then looked at Sora and saw him join her. They were both laughing so hard their bodies shook and tears rolled down their faces. Henry had since left the room, letting the newly discovered siblings share their contradicting feeling. It was too much like a bad reality show, Bonie couldn't help thinking, a soap opera even...then it all came crashing down and all that remained were the tears,

Bonie?” Sora was now serious, unsure what was going on, why she was crying.

You kissed me!” she whined as more tears streamed down. He looked confused as to what was her reasoning for bringing that up.

You kissed me and I felt guilty about it! Guilty because I thought you'd try and brive me and Moonsoo apart, yet I had nothing to worry about, we're brother and sister, for God's sake!” she continued and he snorted in disbelief. That's what she was thinking about... well, he could have some fun with that. He smirked and approached her, no regard for personal space.

Bonie...” he drawled in a smooth, seductive voice and she looked up hesitant, what was he up to now. “ Vampires often inbred, you know...” he sent another smirk her way and leaned even further into her as she began feeling frightened. Surely he could not mean to say he... still desired her, could he?

Sora? Get back...” she urged, letting the helplessness sweep through her voice. He then grew serious and she almost breathed in relief that his childish game was over. Just as she was about to laugh and hug her brother, her vamp-sped her to the nearest wall, planting his lips to her in a passionate kiss, knocking the life out of her. She gasped in a daze and she felt the repeat of their other kiss, his tongue sweeping into and his hands … pushing me away? Why is he … shaking? Is he ...laughing?!

You ing ! Get the damn off of me!” she hissed, pushing him to the other side of the room, his back slamming hard into the concrete wall, a small jet of blood escaping his mouth. She didn't stay to see if he would be fine or not, she took off angry and righteous through the snow filled night.