fin.

Banana Milk

    Taemin and Kai always shared drinks after their dance practices, ever since they were trainees long ago. It didn't matter what it was: bottles of water, cups of bubble tea, or simply energy drinks to keep them going for the next set of dance moves.

    But one drink always had a special place in their hearts, the broadcasted favorite drink of SHINee's youngest member, bannana milk.

    "Hyung!" Kai pirouette on the spot in excitment, while waiting for the older boy to pack up, "I'm going to treat you today!"

    Taemin laughed while stuffing his dirty dance clothes in the duffle bag, it would be fine. Key could deal with when he got home later, turning his attention to the darker boy. "Why? I'm your hyung, I should be treating you Kai!" Kai stop spinning and couldn't help but to pout when Taemin called him Kai. "Hyung! But I treat you in celebreation of my debut!"

    Taemin just shook his head as Kai bounced up and down in protest of his suggested idea. "Jongin." The younger boy still ranted and jumped around Taemin, "Jongin." The elder tried again the second time and succeded. "Fine, you can treat me this time." The younger boy cried in excitment and quickly ran over to give his hyung a hug. Squeezing him back tightly, Taemin tried ignore the electrical impulses he felt from their skin contact. Or when Jongin thoughtlessly cried out his decleration of love to Taemin being a great hyung.

Taemin sat alone in the dance room waiting for Jongin to comeback. The darker boy had insited on treating the elder right now, but checking the current time. Added on the fact of Kai’s limited, but growing funds. Taemin didn’t expect that too much, but spending time with younger dancer was enough to satisfy him.

“Hyung,” Kai called out from the doorway nervously, as he had just gotten back from his run to the nearest convince store. “I’m sorry, there was only one store that was open at this time.” Kai shuffled over to Taemin and hung his head down in shame. 

Taemin’s insides twisted nervously at the adorable sight in front of him. If people thought Luhan was cute, then Kai could be used as weapon of mass destruction. “I hope it’s okay, if it’s just this.” Kai held out a three brightly colored bottles with cartoons on it, “I know Hyung doesn’t drink it anymore- “

“It’s okay Jongin.” Taemin hastily cutting him off, “I still drink banana milk, but just only for special occasions now.” Grabbing the bottles, Taemin expertly unwrapped one and poked at straw though the lid while Kai sat next to his hyung waiting to be tended to.  “Hyung, why do you only drink banana milk for special occasions?” Jongin pondered the thought, sipping on this banana milk.

“Because someone important is linked to banana milk,” Taemin managed to grit out the answer as his savagely opened a bottle for himself.

“Why?”

Taemin’s hands began to shake as the questions were becoming a little too close for his comfort, “Because we used to share them often. Now we don’t get to see each other often so it makes me miss them too much, okay?!” He hoped that Jongin’s would pick up on his tone and stop with the interrogation, but so such luck.

 “Who the person?”

Resting his head between his hands, Taemin glared the lines on the wooden dance floor. “Why do you want to know, Kim Jongin? This isn’t funny.”  Kai placed his bottle down and ran his hand though his already messy hair. “No, it isn’t funny Hyung.” He stated with a smirk, “I’m curious though.”

The SHINee dancer could hear the mocking tone in Kai. Resigning the fact that Jongin wasn’t going to leave him alone, Taemin looks up to face Kai; tired from all the emotionally from the stress the boy sitting next to him was giving him. “Curious about what?”

“If this is okay.”  Flashing one last smirk at Taemin that would have cost half a million fangirls’ reproductive organs, Jongin leaned in and grabbed the front of the elder’s shirt crashing his lips on to the other boy’s.  Taemin sat there in shock as he felt Kai’s lips move seductively on his own. 

The first thing that Taemin could comprehend when they stopped kissing was that this clearly wasn’t Kai’s first time. “Or you could say what I’m just gifted in the arts.” Jongin answered as he strategically placed his arm out, boxing his Hyung in the corner.  “So, answer my question Hyung.” While blowing into the shell of his ear, “Who’s the person you think of when you drink banana milk?” Taemin felt shivers run down in back as he tried to collect his wits. Shy and cute Jongin had left the game, while y Kai was here to play. “Hyung, don’t make me ask again.”

Taemin only managed to let out a high pitch squeak to his extreme embarrassment when Jongin the back of his ear.  “Damnit, Hyung.” Kai growled, leaning slightly back “Do you know how long I’ve been waiting?” With a trembeling breath, Taemin managed to shake out a “How long?”

Flashing smile that would have broken Lucifer’s heart, Kai his lips, “How about I show you?” And the two dancers danced together for the first time that night as lovers.