Chapter 03: I Like You

Indescribable

Inspiration; Infinite – Entrust

“I don’t hide I do. I don’t hide it I do. Now I don’t avoid it.”

“You knew her?”

The other guy merely nodded as he persistently pressed the TV remote’s buttons, looking for any interesting featured shows. He finally stopped on the channel that was airing music shows when he saw his favorite group, Apink, was performing. He was busy humming to the song and doing his fanboy activity when he realized his roommate was still silent. He turned to his left and immediately burst into laughter.

“Oh God, Sungyeol!” He exclaimed, clapping his hands in amusement. “Your face, your face—”

Sungyeol was left speechless. He could only stare at his best friend, his mouth hanging. He didn’t know neither how Myungsoo knew her nor how he could act innocent and indifferent, not telling him about the girl at all. “… How could you—” He stopped his words and growled at the laughing Myungsoo. He then brought his arm around the other’s head, encircling and locking it firmly. “How could you not tell me that you knew her, idiot?”

 “Because I didn’t know that the girl you meant was her,” He reasoned out, still laughing. “I thought it was Namjoo.”

“Don’t lie, you, little—”

“Stop doing this or else I won’t help matchmaking you with her.”

He immediately removed his arm and leaned back on the sofa awkwardly. He understood that Myungsoo was the only one who could help him now if he wanted not only to win the bet, but also to be closer with her. He fell head over heels for her and all he wanted was to approach her and get to know her better. His goal was Yookyung, nothing else.

“You’re such a fool, you knew that?” said Myungsoo as a smirk graced his lips.

“Oh, shut up.”

 

Matchmaking, he repeated that word on his head. The conversation with Myungsoo yesterday definitely had an impact on him. He grinned foolishly and giggled like high-school students as he began to imagine things that could possibly occur between him and her. What he hoped for might be too wild somehow, but he just couldn’t help it. He and her, being together, becoming lovers – that fantasy was just too tempting for him.

“Oppa, you’re scary.” The girl put down the sketchbook on her lap. She was busy sketching since earlier, trying to do something to spend her time during a week stay in the hospital. She really should take care of herself better from now. First, she didn’t want to worry her boyfriend and her best friend anymore. Second, she was bored in the hospital since she had nothing to do. Lastly because she didn’t want to be stuck with her boyfriend’s buddy who preferred to lose himself in his daydreaming than actually became a good company for her. “You can go home, oppa. I know you’re bored in here,” added her, setting her pillow before sitting upright.

“I know, right,” Sungyeol subconsciously answered, a sigh leaving his lips. He looked down and was silenced for a while before realizing something. “Did you just say something?” He questioned, raising his head.

 “See?” She was sulking, her lips pursing in irritation.

“Sorry, sorry for not listening! I was busy with… Well, stuffs?” He merely scratched his head awkwardly, his face blushing madly.

“Yookyung, right?” She mentioned all of a sudden, arching one of her eyebrows. A smirk later appeared on her face, causing Sungyeol to think how she resembled her boyfriend in this situation. Oh yes, very Myungsoo.

“How did you— Right, that Kim Myungsoo.” He breathed out a sigh again. It was awkward, at least for him, since she knew who he was crushing on and that person was none other than Yookyung. He forgot to warn Myungsoo about not spilling that secret to his beloved one but alas, she knew everything now. And the girl with jet-black locks seemed like one who was protective of her best friend and one who would think twice of approving the type of guy like him to be Yookyung’s boyfriend. He shuddered just now, as a matter of fact. Was he really afraid of what she would think of him?

“Don’t worry. I’ll help you with her, oppa.”

There was a pause before Sungyeol spoke again.

“… Did you just say you would help me?” questioned him, seeking for another confirmation. He definitely heard her but he was unsure about her statement. Hope was building up inside of him – he sincerely wished she wasn’t joking around this time.

She simply nodded.

Thanks to Son Naeun’s full support, he was beaming even more the whole day.

---

“I love you my girl. I love you my girl yeah. Won’t you leave it to me?”

He got a feeling that it was going to be an awesome night. If it weren’t for their help, he swore a day like this would never come to him at all.

He got a phone call earlier this morning. He didn’t know from who it was since the number wasn’t in his contact lists. He answered it, however, only to find out it was her who called. He had her number saved in his phone now, thanks to Myungsoo and Naeun.

It seemed like the couple somehow already thought and carefully planned a scenario to help matchmaking Sungyeol with his dream girl. They came up with a plot where Sungyeol and Yookyung would go find nice presents for Naeun’s sister since Naeun still stayed in the hospital and she didn’t want her boyfriend to leave her alone. They said it was Saeeun’s birthday tomorrow and Naeun would feel sorry if she didn’t buy her anything. Honestly, Saeeun’s birthday wasn’t even until next two months, but they just had to lie about it. It wasn’t nothing big or whatever; nonetheless it was a perfect game plan.

“They are awesome, seriously. Who would have thought that she would actually buy it?” He wondered.

The nervousness, the spine-tingling sensation, and all the jittery feeling inside him, nevertheless, were almost unavoidable now. He kept telling himself to relax but he was hardly able to do it. The only thing that was on his mind was that he would go on a date tonight with Hong Yookyung – well, it was a date, technically.

Date – that word kept ringing in his ears. He couldn’t stop grinning; in fact his grin was even bigger. He inhaled all the air he could take and breathed them out instantly, hoping it would help him to feel better, even though it was for the tiniest bit. “Lee Sungyeol, hwaiting!” He then pumped a fist in the air before proceed walking.

He was heading to the place where she said she would meet him now, the time showing it was six in the evening. Like other nights, the streets of Myeongdong were filled with crowds of people moving around between the other busy bodies. Boutiques, cinemas, restaurants, 24-hour department stores, you named it – Myeongdong had everything and it was definitely Seoul youngsters’ favorite spot to hang out, including Sungyeol himself. It had been a while since he last came here with his INFINITE friends, though. Maybe they should close the café for a day and spend quality time together in the infamous district.

“Whoa, ddukbokki!” He cheered like a child when he saw his favorite street-snack. Running closer to the stall, he didn’t even pay attention to around him and he accidentally bumped into a person. “A-ah! I’m so sorry—”

“No, I’m sorry for not—” The girl then looked up and laughed. “Well… Hello, there, Sungyeol-ssi!”

He slightly ducked his head and gave her an awkward smile. “O-oh! Evening, Yookyung! I was just about to call you!”

“Really?” She smiled before taking something out from her purse. “Hmm… I want to buy this first before we look for some things… Is it okay with you?” she queried to him, pointing at the tasty spicy rice cakes.

“Oh? Sure! I actually want to buy it too! It seems delicious, right?” When the other nodded, he continued. “My treat, okay?”

“But—”

“No buts! And call me ‘oppa’ from now!”

Where did the anxious Lee Sungyeol from two minutes ago go again?

After the happy chats along the food topic, they finally traveled to the shopping centre. They spent about one to three minutes in one place before moving to other outlets. It was hard to find the things that were up to their likings – the stubborn Yookyung with her decision to go with small-sized stuffs and the persistent Sungyeol with bigger-sized goods. By compromising, they eventually went with both opinions and purchased three items: a pink mug with cartoon design, a headband, and a huge brown stuffed bear. Their opinions did clash, but it was a cute little fight to be honest. They were like the usual couples who would argue over petty things but would laugh about it in the end.

The time felt so short with her, that’s what Sungyeol thought.

“Thank you so much for accompanying me tonight, oppa! Let’s just hope Saeeun will like it!” Her eyes were gleaming in excitement.

“Yeah, I hope so too! And you’re welcome.”

Although she said it was okay for her to go back by herself, Sungyeol insisted on walking her home since it was quite late and he was worried about her safety. So here they were now, in front of Yookyung’s house, right on the flight of stairs before the front door. “Umm… by the way… do you have free time tomorrow?” asked Sungyeol, shoving his hands to his pocket.

“Hmm…” She tilted her head to the side. “I guess I have. Waeyo?”

“Do you want to go out on a date with me?”

Date?” She repeated, blinking her eyes.

 “You see, Yookyung…” He began, looking at his feet then at her hesitantly. “… I like you.”

“W-what?” She was slightly stammering as she did not expect a confession would come.

 “Well, I just… I want you to know.”

There was a deafening silence engulfing both of them. Sungyeol was looking down again while Yookyung seemed to be lost in her thoughts, thinking about something. “… I guess we are going to have many dates from now on, huh?”

“W-what was that supposed to mean?”

She chuckled softly. “We have all the time in the world, right? So, don’t worry, oppa… I guess I will tell you my answer in a month. It’s not that long, is it?”

“W-what?” He widened his eyes, quite taken aback with her response. “… Are you giving me a chance? S-somehow?

“Why don’t you text me later about the time and place for tomorrow, oppa? Thank you again and good evening!” She waved her hands at him before entering her house in a swift move.

It seemed like someone would have a hard time sleeping tonight.

 

----

 

N/A:

YO IT'S FINISHED YO <3

Finally hahaha!

What do you guys think? OuO

Leave a comment okay kekeke~

and oh my next project will be

YOOKYUNG/SUNGGYU and MYUNGSOO/NAEUN :3

you're gonna wait for it, aren't you? lol

okay then! thanks for subscribing and commenting, guys!

Love <3

 

__ryura