Chapter 1

Accidents Happen

A/N: Hey guys. I think you suffered enough waiting for this to be posted. Well then, here it is! Hope you enjoyed it! Leave a comment about this chapter and I'll surely answer. ^ = ^

Word Count: 1,430


 

It was a nice and sunny afternoon at the middle of a quiet Saturday where flocks of teenagers and couples would swarm the streets of South Korea's capital city, Seoul.

Byun Baekhyun had previously slipped on a plain black t-shirt and was now carefully adjusting his evergreen colored semi-apron on his waist, tying the band into a small knot at the front of his stomach. Suddenly fiddling with the pockets of the host apron, he then speed walked over to the desk that sat beside him and grabbed a blue ballpoint pen and a small receipt book containing many patterns of colored pages in white and a pale shade of cardinal yellow.

He honestly did not want to be late in this time of the afternoon. Especially when the rush hour of every cafe would begin. And also the idea of leaving his two parents and his smaller brother to work by themselves at the shop was also something he didn't want to happen. Running down the slightly worn out staircases in his overly furnished home, Baekhyun quickly ran for his working shoes and hopped on his opposite foot to remain balanced while attempting to quickly equip the black converses on. He forcefully rummaged through the small bowl near the entrance as it was filled with keys. Baekhyun snatched one that had a label attached to it saying "Home". He panicked as he read the time on the wall clock behind him, it had the shorter arrow pointing at the number eleven with the longer pointing at nine.

Finally after a few suspicious looks around the house with no objective, he opened the creaking door and had it followed up with a large slam, then the next procedure of shoving the key in the keyhole and turning it one way and another. He grabbed the carved metal and headed over to his family-owned cafe.

"I'm here," Baekhyun breathed out a relieved sigh as he opened the windowed door.

His younger brother, Chanyeol, grabbed Baekhyun's hand and led him into the employee's staff room just behind the counter of the elaborate cafe's barista-like open work space. His mother looked back at who might have entered the shop while preparing her famous Caramel Latte. Pouring a generous amount of caramel into the brewed latte and creating a simple, but cute design of a cat floating on the surface of the sweet-smelling liquid. "Baekhyun! Get over here and grab your name tag to start working, and you might want to change quicker next time or at least get off your computer sooner. Your idol isn't as significant in your life as this job is," she picked up a hand fan nearby and swung it at the side of Baekhyun's right side of his head.

Baekhyun raged. He honestly couldn't believe what his own mother just yelled at him for. Looking at his idol everyday was the only thing keeping him sane. The person that he admired was inside a small group called EXO which of course, will have their first showcase-like conference in a couple of days from now. The person - no, boy that he had a serious man-crush on was the group's dancing machine, Kai. Every time the idol would make the smallest of smirks, Baekhyun would drop his jaw and melt off his seat like goo.

Baekhyun was pushed inside the employee's work/office/change room and was told by Chanyeol that his punishment for being late is that he had to scrub all the furniture and tables just before rush hour. "See you out in five minutes, Baek," Chanyeol snickered behind the closing door.

He soon came out with a dripping wet mop and a bucket filled with some non-toxic cleaning liquid. He began to flick the cap off the bottle to pour some of the content within the water. The older mixed it delicately inside the container giving it some extra suds that formed on the surface. He trekked across to the middle of the cafe and plopped the mop on the grimy floor, repeating the same on the tiles.

After he was done washing every little corner and furniture that was inside the small shop, he linked his fingers together and lifted his skinny arms up, stretching his muscles. Releasing and pulling his arms back to his sides, he went to the front desk and stood there, turning on the large flat-screen television they recently bought a few weeks ago. Flipping through channels, he found his favourite, "KPN" or "Korea Pop News". It was considered one of the most viewed channels of South Korea. He faced the screen and stared at the talk host on the television set.

"Good Afternoon Seoul! Today, you'll be getting an exclusive sneak peek of EXO's very first Showcase in Seoul with me as your host, Nir. Let us travel into the building of where the showcase will take place tomorrow," The television emanated a ring after the talk show host spoke. "This is the heart of the concert! The inside of the stadium," the cameraman pointed the focus onto the large dome filled with seats and redirected it back to the man. "Okay! Hey EXOtics, look! It's EEEXXXXOOOOOO!!!"

The monitor was now getting filled with many beautiful men lined up and bowing ninety degrees. The leader of EXO spoke first and was followed by the other five members. "1, 2, 3. We are, one! We are, EXO," the six boys greeted.

Baekhyun's gaze was glued to the television. He blushed lightly and silently squealed when the cameraman suddenly turned the camera to his idol. Chanyeol looked over at his older brother and sighed. He flicked the older's forehead to get his attention. "Hey, Baekhyun! Get back to work! The rush hour just started," he yelled in Baekhyun's ear and dramatically pointed at the crowd of customers waiting for a seat.

"Oh, whoops," Baekhyun half-heartedly replied and walked over to the group of teenagers standing at the door. "I wanted to see EXO..."

Over a course of many hours until it became 19:00, the small cafe's seats were nearly empty with one group of teenagers left. Baekhyun heavily sighed and began to droop over a table. "Do I always have to be here until the store closes completely on Saturdays," Baekhyun mumbled loud enough for his mother to hear when she passed by. She stopped and turned around to Baekhyun and whacked him in the head with the towel she was holding. Baekhyun winced in pain. "Eomma, what the hell?!"

"Baekhyun, can't you at least look like you're actually working? Now get up and go wait for customers to come in," she demanded.

He groaned and sluggishly slid off the chair and began to stand up, stretching his limbs slowly. Baekhyun waddled up to the front desk to sit and relax until someone actually came in at a time like this. Ahh, this is so boring Baekhyun rolled his eyes. 

The small shop's last customer of three teenage girls left at 20:03 and the cafe became quiet. After thirty minutes had passed, two couples and one group of three came. Baekhyun was huffily getting their order put through thinking that they'd leave quicker. One of the couples were foreigners and spoke English fluently.  

Baekhyun started to check the English couple's order and spoke in English with a slight accent. "So you wanted the large batch of perogies of three cheese, four beef, two broccoli, and five regulars with cream cheese, Caramel Latte, two triple decker burgers with every condiment but hot sauce and onions--"

"I wanted onions," the fat man screeched in English. "It's my absolute favourite!"

"I... I'm sorry sir.  Two triple decker burgers with very condiment but hot sauce and olives, and lastly, two Caesar salads with cherry tomatoes, bacon, and extra croutons. Am I correct?"

"Yes you are," the fat woman breathed hard.

"Good, I will be getting these orders in now. I'm Baekhyun. Call me if you need anything," he smiled awkwardly.

"Of course we will," the fat couple returned the smile and began talking amongst themselves.

The bell on the door suddenly rung, creating a slight echo throughout the room. "Coming," Baekhyun shoved the order form in through the chef's small window and speed walked over to the front door.

"Table for one, please," a deep voice hummed which belonged to the boy that was slightly taller than Baekhyun, standing at the waiting area.

Baekhyun looked up from the menu he was holding and gapped his mouth open, only to slap this hand over his mouth and muffled out one word, "Kai."