Chapter 1: First Date

We Got Married: JiMin Couple

Chapter 1:

 

 

 

"Hello, my name is Cho Eunmin. Um... so exactly what am I suppose to say?" the fair woman laughed out the last part.

 

"Please tell us your occupation and why you're in WGM."

 

"Okay, okay. Hm... well, first off I'm an actress. If you've seen 'Amaranth' you should have seen me there." Eunmin and the interviewer chuckled. "Actually, since I'll be turning 30 soon, my umma[1] has been pressuring me into getting married so when I got this offer I thought, 'Why not?'"

 

 

 

G-Dragon could only stare with his mouth wide open when Cho Eunmin stopped at the middle of the platform. When she sent a smile his way, he wondered if it was a part 2 of the guessing game and a bunch of other actresses would come out after her.

 

"Annyeong![2]" Eunmin called to him as she made her way down the stage and towards him.

 

“GET OUT OF THE CAR!” the hosts yelled.

 

He opened the car’s door and attempted to go out, only to be held back by his seatbelt which he, apparently, haven't taken off in his excitement.

 

“A-Annyeong!” G-Dragon greeted back, stumbling out of the car. Eunmin covered to suppress her laughter. He tries to pass off his stumble as a bow which Eunmin returned, still giggling slightly.

 

They stood straight and stared at each other silently for two minutes, Eunmin smiling and G-Dragon fidgeting.

 

“Um... you look pretty,” G-Dragon almost stuttered, noting his date’s semi-formal attire[3] and suddenly feeling very embarrassed of his own clothes which were fashionable but very casual.

 

“She really is,” Nayoung sighed, probably reminiscing on the times she was that young and pretty.

 

“They don’t match at all,” Miseon observed with a grimace, earning a sad nod from her co-hosts.

 

“Thank you. You look... fine yourself,” Eunmin giggled as she took in her date’s outfit, her eyes going straight to his pink sweats. G-Dragon blushed.

 

“I’m sorry, I really should’ve just went with the pants...” G-Dragon mumbled more to himself than his date. There was no way he was going to admit that he expected to have a younger wife. He was no expert on relationships but he knew for a fact that saying something like that was suicide.

 

“Are you comfortable in them?” Eunmin asked.

 

“Huh? Well, yes but....”

 

“Then it’s fine. Fashion should never be placed before comfort, after all. At least not in such casual meetings,” Eunmin tried to comfort G-Dragon who was so obviously embarrassed of himself. 

 

“Okay...” was all the boy could say in response, smiling a small smile as he looked down on his feet shyly.

 

“Do you know who I am?” Eunmin asked, smiling at him sweetly.

 

“O-Of course! I saw you in ‘Amaranth’ and ‘Seonsaeng-nim[4] Be Mine’. Ch-Cho Eunmin-noona, right?” G-Dragon said.

 

“You can’t call me ‘Noona’[5] if we’re suppose to be married,” Eunmin reminded him.

 

“Then... ‘Yeobo’[6]?” 

 

“Oooh! He’s bold!” Jungmin exclaimed.

 

“It’s a good kind of bold,” Miseon told him.

 

“Where’d his shyness go, huh?” Hwisoon asked. Both men seemed unamused by G-Dragon’s sudden daringness.

 

“It was probably just a guise,” Jungmin said.

 

“Women don’t like it when men are too shy anyway,” Nayoung stood up for G-Dragon.

 

G-Dragon’s statement had effectively stunned Eunmin who simply stood, staring at him for a few minutes. Her lips attempted to smile but ended up only twitching. She covered her face and bowed her head to hide her smile. The panic was obvious in G-Dragon’s face when she did this and was about to take it back when the woman straightens back up and faces him with a full-blown smile.

 

“I think I can get used to ‘yeobo’.”

 

 

 

“What did you think when you saw your wife?”

 

“‘Omo[7], omo, omo,’ my mind kept going. ‘She’s a noona! I got a noona! Agh, and I’m dressed like this!’” G-Dragon cried. The interviewer laughed at him as he bent down, holding his head.

 

“I’m going to kill Seungri and Taeyang....”

 

 

 

“A-And me? Do you know me?” G-Dragon asked, trying to get off the “yeobo” topic which he was starting to regret.

 

“Yes, you’re G-Dragon-sshi, right?” Eunmin asked.

 

“Jiyong.”

 

“Huh?” Eunmin blinked. She was sure that he was G-Dragon.

 

“My name is Kwon Jiyong. I-I’d like to face you as Kwon Jiyong, not G-Dragon...” G-Dragon, who will now be referred to a Jiyong [8], almost mumbled.

 

“Oh, I see,” Eunmin nodded. Both their gazes then trailed to their feet, awkwardness threatening to overcome them again.

 

“You’re wrong,” Eunmin spoke.

 

“Huh?” the hosts asked.

 

“Huh?” Jiyong asked, dumbfounded.

 

“You’re not Jiyong,” Eunmin stated.

 

“I’m not?” Jiyong asked, still not understand what his noona was saying.

 

“You’re Yeobo.”

 

“OOOOOOH~!” The whole studio practically exploded with the hosts’s shouting.

 

Jiyong stared straight at Eunmin before breaking out in a fit of giggles. He crouched on the ground and covered his face, trying to contain himself. Eunmin laughing along with him.

 

“What? You were the one who started it!” Eunmin accused.

 

“I’LL BE YOUR YEOBO, EUNMIN-SSHI!” Jungmin declared with his manliest, booming voice.

 

 

 

“Did you know that he was going to be your husband?”

 

“Honestly? I really had no idea. It must’ve been all over the internet or the news but I refrained from finding out since I thought, ‘Because I have to seem surprised anyway, I should just allow myself to really be surprised. I have the choice anyway.’ I reasoned with myself like that so until then I really didn’t have any clue as to who would be my husband,” Eunmin explained.

 

“Eunmin-sshi is a really mature sort of person, huh?” Miseon asked, earning agreement from all his fellow hosts.

 

“But you really didn’t seem that surprised earlier, why is that?”

 

The question made Eunmin break out into a smile that she tried to hide.

 

“Honestly?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“You want the truth?”

 

“Well... yes.” This made Eunmin laugh in embarrassment.

 

“To tell you the truth, besides my brother’s group, I’m not very familiar with any other groups,” Eunmin admitted.

 

“Oooooh!” the studio cried.

 

“That’s right, Eunmin-sshi is Super Junior’s Kyuhyun-sshi’s sister[9]!” Nayoung remembered.

 

“Then how did you know it was G-Dragon?”

 

“We both guested in Strong Heart once so I was able to recognize him but I’ve never actually listened to any of his songs because my brother and his friends has a tendency to fill up my phone and music player with Super Junior songs,” Eunmin explained.

 

“Wait,” she interrupted the interviewer who was about to go for another question. “Is he a solo artist or is he in a group like Kyuhyun?”

 

“He’s in a group called Big Bang....”

 

“Oh... eheh,” was all Eunmin could say about that.

 

 

 

“Maybe... it’s a bit too early for us to use ‘yeobo’,” Eunmin said.

 

Jiyong pouted at his own inability to be comfortable at being called ‘yeobo’.

 

Eunmin smiled at the boy tenderly as she crouching down before him. 

 

“We’ll work up to that and let it come naturally, okay Jiyong-sshi?” Eunmin comforted him. With a small blush and smile, Jiyong nodded.

 

“Okay, so I’m just wondering about this one but is there any chance we can go inside your car now? It’s a bit cold here.”

 

“Ah! That’s right!” Jiyong cried, jumping out of his crouch. He scurried over to the passenger’s seat while Eunmin followed with a smile.

 

“Aiiiish! He should’ve taken her hand!” Miseon complained.

 

Jiyong opens the door for Eunmin, allowing her to slip into his car before he runs over to the driver’s seat. When he re-enters his car, Eunmin was already buckling up so he decides to do the same. When both are settled, awkward silence overcomes them again.

 

“Noona, are you cold?” Jiyong asked before he remembered the main reason they even re-entered the car and almost hits himself. “Ah, don’t answer that.”

 

Eunmin laughed as Jiyong fumbled with the heater. 

 

 

 

“Aaiiiiissshhh, I made so many mistakes...” Jiyong groaned.

 

“It’s almost pitiful, really,” Hwisoon said.

 

“Eunmin-noona has a nice laugh, though, so I guess it’s okay...?” Jiyong wondered out loud.

 

 

“Omo... I wonder if I laughed at him too much.... I really should learn to control myself when it comes to stuff like that but he really was too cute!” Eunmin started her statement worriedly but closed it with a giggle.

 

“If the girl says it’s cute then mistakes like that are fine,” Miseon countered Hwisoon’s earlier statement in G-Dragon’s defense.

 

 

 

“So... where are we going?” Eunmin asked once the heater was set up. Silence is what answered her. She curiously looked to her side and found a very stiff-looking Jiyong.

 

“Jiyong-sshi...?” she asked, slightly worried.

 

“I... actually wasn’t able to... prepare... anything....”

 

 

 

“So why didn’t you prepare anything for your first date?”

 

“I really thought I was going to get a younger wife! I mean, not that I’m complaining, I really like Eunmin-noona but I prepared a date for a young... and well, immature sort of girl. I wasn’t expecting a classy sort of woman like Eunmin-noona!” Jiyong tried to defend himself.

 

“Had Eunmin-sshi been younger, how would your date have gone?”

 

“Actually, a hyung told me that, when dating, I shouldn’t copy Leeteuk-hyung who goes overboad with events. I was told to start out small and build the intensity of my events so the girl doesn't keep expecting too much. That’s why I thought to just treat her to a fast food dinner and maybe walk around at a nearby park while we get to know each other....”

 

Silence followed Jiyong statement. Even the interviewer seemed exasperated. 

 

“What?! Some women like small-scale dates, right? Especially celebrities. They should be sick of five-star restaurants and stuff like that....”

 

Still silence.

 

“I was going to get better....”

 

...

 

“I’m sorry. I’ve learned my lesson. It won’t happen again.”

 

 

 

“I’m really, really sorry,” Jiyong whimpers, sourly tempted to bang his head on the steering wheel until he bled.

 

“No, it’s fine,” Eunmin said, causing Jiyong to go into further self-pity, believing her understanding to be out of pity. “Actually, that’s good.”

 

“Huh?” Jiyong looked up at his date in confusion.

 

“I’ve actually always been curious about these Drive-In Theaters but I never really had to try them out. To be honest, I was sort of hoping we can stay here for our date,” Eunmin confessed. 

 

Jiyong wondered if she was just trying to make him feel better but the sparkling of her eyes as she curiously looked around the empty theater spoke of nothing but honesty.

 

“Great! We’ll have our date here then!” Jiyong announced, smiling widely when he saw his noona doing the same. “Actually, I was just joking earlier. I really planned our date to be here.” Eunmin laughed heartily.

 

“Wait here, I’ll just tell the theater people to start up the movie I asked them to prepare,” Jiyong said, taking off his seatbelt.

 

“Oh, I’ll come with you then," Eunmin said, going out of the car before Jiyong could even say anything about it. Slightly panicked by the knowledge that his noona was cold, he hurried out of the car. He ran up to Eunmin and asked for her glove. He then took off his own glove and, from it, took out the hot pack he had stuffed in it earlier.

 

Eunmin frowned in concern as she watched Jiyong slip the hot pack into her own glove before asking her to stretch out her hand.

 

"What if you get cold?" she asked as Jiyong slipped the glove back onto her hand. She was truly greatful for the warmth he was providing her with but it made her extremely uncomfortable to know that the younger man sacrificed his own comfort for her.

 

Jiyong stared into her eyes for a few seconds, slightly frustrated and hoping that she would just let him take care of her. He grabbed her hand by the edge of her glove, the one with the hot pack, before shoving his hand in.

 

"OOOOOOH!!"

 

"Is that kid bipolar or something?" Hwisoon asked.

 

Both Jiyong and Eunmi blushed at the skinship. It was sudden and almost gruff but it was skinship nonetheless and both parties were aware of that.

 

“S-Sorr--” Jiyong was about to pull away when Eunmi grabbed onto his hand. She brought both their hands comfortably to their side. Jiyong blushed deeper and blinked at the action. He looked up at Eunmi who smiled sweetly in response.

 

“Holding hands on the first date~?” Nayoung teased.

 

“Aigoo~ Kids these days~!” Miseon giggled.

 

“Let’s go?” she asked. Jiyong nodded wordlessly before the walked off to the theater’s tech booth.

 

 

 

“Please be honest. Were you upset that G-Dragon didn’t prepare anything for your first date?”

 

“No, I really wasn’t. It’s a blind date in some way so we wouldn’t know each other’s tastes so it would actually be a waste if he prepared something big and I ended up not liking it. Big dates should be saved for when you really know what to do,” Eunmi said wisely.

 

“Eunmi-sshi is really understanding, huh?” Jungmin observed.

 

“The older partner usually has to be,” Hwisoon told him.

 

“Was it true that you really wanted to spend your date in the Drive-in Theater?”

 

“Yes, definitely! I’ve always seen Drive-in Theaters in movies from when I was younger so I got really excited when I got there,” Eunmi stated with a smile.

 

 

 

“Excuse me?” Jiyong called as they entered the booth. An old man, who had been relaxing and eating kimchi before the came in, climbed out of his chair, very confused as to why the couple was there.

 

“Annyeong haseyo,” Eunmin greeted formally. Jiyong copied this as well as the old man who still seemed confused.

 

“Um, we were wondering if you could play a movie for us?” Jiyong asked. 

 

“Oh! Okay, okay. What film?” the old man asked, fussing around with his workplace.

 

“What do you have?” Jiyong asked.

 

“We normally only show foreign films here so there’s Twilight, um... Harry Potter, X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes 2--”[10]

 

“Oh!” Eunmin exclaimed once the old man pronounced the last title. “Sherlock Holmes 2?”

 

“You want to watch that?” Jiyong asked.

 

“I wasn’t able to watch it when it was in cinemas so...” Eunmin trailed off.

 

“Okay! Sherlock Holmes 2 it is!”

 

“Wait!” Eunmin called her date’s attention. “Are you okay with watching Sherlock Holmes? I mean, if you’re not....”

 

“What are you talking about? I prepared it, how can I not want to watch?” Jiyong asked, nodding to the old man who then prepares to load the film. A smile creeped it’s way onto Eunmin’s lips again. “What? You don’t like Sherlock Holmes?”

 

“No, no. I do, I was just thinking that our tastes in movies match very well,” Eunmin said, riding along with the joke.

 

“I know right? I was actually worried that you wouldn’t like my choice,” Jiyong claimed as they both walked out of the booth and started towards the snack bar. Eunmin laughed, resting her free hand on the arm Jiyong was using to hold her other hand. The boy grinned.

 

At the snack bar, they were greeted by an old lady who was apparently alerted by the old man of their presence. Eunmin attempts to look at the menu, only to be turned away by Jiyong.

 

“You can’t look,” Jiyong told her.

 

“I can’t?”

 

“No, because I’ve prepared some special food for us.”

 

“You have?” Eunmin asked, suppressing her laughter at the continuing joke.

 

“Yes, now please wait in the car,” Jiyong said, pretending to be serious.

 

“Okay, okay,” Eunmin laughed before walking off to Jiyong’s car.

 

Once Jiyong was sure that she wouldn’t peek, he turned back to the snack bar.

 

“What do you have here?” Jiyong asked the old lady.

 

“Well, of course our best-seller is popcorn. We also have hotdogs, drinks, and sundaes,” the old lady informed him, motioning towards the menu.

 

“Th-That’s all?” Jiyong asked nervously.

 

“This is only a snack bar, unfortunately. If you want a meal, I’m afraid you’ll have to go out to a nearby restaurant,” the old lady told him, a bit sad for his situation.

 

“Exactly how many times does this kid intend to embarrass himself tonight?” Hwisoon asked.

 

Jiyong bit his lip as he looked up at the menu, contemplating his options.

 

 

The camera then shifted to inside the car where Eunmin was waiting with a small smile still on her face. She looked out the window and spotted her date, still looking around at the snack bar. When he looked back the car, Eunmin immediately sat back on her seat, causing it to squeak at the sudden impact. She sits still, the corners of her lips twitching.

 

“Hihihi,” she giggled to herself.

 

It was a few minutes after that that the driver’s door opened, allowing Jiyong to slip in smoothly.

 

“Where’s the food?” Eunmin asked, still smiling, as the film began to roll.

“Tonight we will share one of the most exquisite dishes known to mankind,” Jiyong started with a voice that you often only hear in the intro of movies like Star Wars. “Eunmin-noona, I present to you, the popcorn!”

 

He whipped out a bucket containing the ‘dish’ so proudly, Eunmin couldn’t help but laugh out loud. Jiyong kept a straight face though the corners of his lips were clearly twitching.

 

“These little clusters of delight were delicately cooked and exported from...” Jiyong trailed off. He took out his iPhone and began to search about “popcorn”, causing Eunmin, as well as the studio, to break out in another fit of laughter.

 

“This bucket of popcorn is so special, every kernel was exported from different places!” Jiyong announced loudly after a while of reading the wikipedia article on popcorn.

 

“Oh?” Eunmin entertained his joke.

 

“Yes! This is one...” Jiyong continued, picking up a piece of popcorn and bringing it to his date’s lips which opened to accept the food he was offering. “... is from Ridgway, one of the six localities that claims to be the Popcorn Capital of The World.”

 

“Ohhh~! They’re feeding each other already!” Nayoung exclaimed.

 

“These kids are really fast,” Miseon commented.

 

“Hm~!” Eunmin hummed as she munched on the popcorn. She closed her eyes blissfully, tasting the popcorn as though she was eating a medium-rare beefsteak in a five-star restaurant. She takes a stuck pair of popcorn pieces and pops one into . She moans due to the “delicacy”.

 

“You should try this one,” Eunmin urged her date, bringing the popcorn piece to his lips. “This came from...” she looked at Jiyong’s iPhone “... Illinois!”

 

“Hm~!” Jiyong copied Eunmin’s reaction to the popcorn. “It’s so... Illinois-y!” 

 

Eunmin laughed at this right before a knock resounded from the driver’s window. Thet all turned and discovered the old lady who was smiling tenderly at the couple.

 

“Ah! The main course is here!” Jiyong announced happily. He rolled the window down before taking the two hotdogs the old lady brought. 

 

“Omo Ahjumma, I why did you bring everything? I told you I’ll get them myself. Are you alright?” Jiyong asked, letting go of his character for a few seconds to fuss over the old lady. Eunmin smiled at this display of concern. The old lady laughed and waved him off.

 

“I’m fine, I’m fine. Go enjoy your date now!” she told Jiyong. He frowned a bit but nodded and thanked her. He sat back on his seat and made sure to hide to contents of the paper bags from his date.

 

“Okay, now, before we go onto the main course which is two delectable hotdogs, we should have a drink tasting,” Jiyong stated, slipping back into character.

 

“Drink tasting?” Eunmin chuckled. Jiyong nodded and held a cup of soda like a waiter would hold a bottle of wine. He looked around the place, unsure of what to do with the cup. In the end, he settled for bringing the straw to his noona’s lips.

 

Eunmin takes the cup from Jiyong, holding it like how one would hold a wine glass, with her pinky up. She takes off the cap and straw and sips it demurely.

 

“The drink you chose is good,” Eunmin complimented as Jiyong took his own cup and imitated the way she held it.

 

“It’s Soda d’Korea. Brewed just a moment ago especially for you,” Jiyong boasted. Eunmin giggled and raised her glass for a toast.

 

“Cheers,” they said in unison as they grinned at each other.

 

The night went on in a similar fashion, with the couple joking and pretending they were in some high class restaurant. They talked instead of watching the movie, something Eunmin realized when they were already eating the dessert and the movie was close to its credits.

 

“Aw, I wasn’t able to focus on the movie and it’s all your fault,” she pouted at her date. By then, the both of them had taken off their shoes and were facing each other with their legs up on their seats, Jiyong in an indian sit and Eunmin with her knees to her chest.

 

“Then we’ll just come back here again next time,” Jiyong promised. Both were coming down from the laughing high they had experienced earlier that night.

 

“Eunmin-noona,” Jiyong called her attention. “I’m... I’m really sorry for not preparing anything today. I promise to do better from now on,” he said solemnly, his voice speaking nothing but sincerity. Eunmin smiled tenderly at this.

 

“I’ll forgive you...” Eunmin started, causing Jiyong to look up, his eyes full of hope. “... if you stop calling me ‘noona’.”

 

Jiyong laughed shyly, hiding his eyes behind his hand and probably remembering the “yeobo” incident from earlier.

 

“And because we can’t use ‘yeobo’  yet, I’ll let you call me ‘Eunmin-sshi’ so try calling me that.” Eunmin smiled, remembering the same thing. Jiyong put down his hands and nodded, still smiling shyly.

 

“Yeobo,” Jiyong mumbled before bursting out laughing.

 

“OOOOOHHHH~!!!”

 

“You again!” Jungmin said, pointing at Jiyong.

 

Eunmin blinked, wondering if she’d heard wrong. Slowly, her smile returned along with her hand on which tried to cover up her laughter.

 

“Was I wrong?” Jiyong asked in between laughs.

 

“You were wrong, you were wrong,” Eunmin agreed still giggling. “You seem comfortable with calling me ‘yeobo’ already, though.”

 

“No, no,” Jiyong denied, waving his hand in his face. “But really, thank you for understanding, Eunmin-sshi. I’ll definitely do and... dress... better next time.”

 

Eunmin laughed for the nth time that night and nodded.

 

 

~//~

 

Author's Notes:

 

1. Okay, I'm sure some of you are already familiar the Korean terms I'll be listing here since they're really common but I'll write them down for the sake of those who don't know. Okay, that aside, Umma is mother in Korean.

2. Annyeong means "Hello". Annyeong haseyo is a more formal way to go about it.

3. Eunmin really dolled up for the meeting so here is her outfit:

 

 

This without the hat, though.

4. Seonsaeng-nim translates to "Teacher".

5. Noona is what younger boys call older girls.

6. Yeobo is a term of endearment used by married couples similar to "Honey".

7. Omo is an expression like "Oh my god".

8. This change is mainly because I feel weird tryping G-Dragon for some reason. Dunno why.

9. And the reason behind the Super Junior tag is revealed! What sort of chaos can this relationship bring to the couple, I wonder? ; )

10. These are all movies released on 2011, if you haven't noticed. I didn't say this earlier but the story actually begins late 2011, a few months after the TeukSo couple began filming.

 

 

Eunmin's rather mature character has been unveiled. I hope you guys don't find her maturity too boring, though. She'll have her moments later, I promise.

 

 

A callout to dandeli0nthanks for the comment and here's your update. This may sound sappy but your comment is one of the best things you could say about this fic as it is my intention to write it as close to the show's format as possible. : )

 

 

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and subscribe~