One Shot

Overly Close [One-Shot]

“Good morning.” I heard the teacher greet her student inside the room.

Today is my first day of school and I’m really nervous. I’ve never been to a public school; heck I’ve never been to a school before. I’ve always been home schooled. But I’m glad my parents finally let me attend a normal school.

“We have a new student today. Please come in.” I heard her say and I build up all my courage and walked in the classroom.

When I walked in I saw there were a lot of students in the class; around 30 or so. “Hello, my name is Lee Hyukjae. Please take care of me.” I said and bowed.

No one said anything so I looked around the classroom to get familiar with the faces. There were mostly guys, mostly average guys. A few cute guys if I may say. ‘Wow, who’s that?’ I thought as my eyes landed on the guy who was sitting at the very last role.

“Take a seat beside Lee Donghae.” she said and I turned around to look at the other student again and I saw the guy who caught my attention waving with a huge grin on his face. ‘So cute’ I thought.

I slowly made my way towards him, blushing a little. I never thought I would like someone this much.

“Hi” I said and bowed to him and then took my seat.

“Hi, I’m Lee Donghae.” he said cheerfully. He actually reminds me of a kid, cute.

“Lee Hy-” he cut me before I finished.

“Hyukjae” he said. I stared at him confusingly. “You just introduced yourself in front of the whole class.” he said and smiled.

I face palmed myself. How could I forget I just introduced myself in front of the whole class. ‘He was paying attention to me?’ I grinned and blushed.

“Gummy smile!” he said and I turned to face him again with questioning eyes. “You have a gummy smile, its cute.” he said and I blushed a bright red. Even if he acts like a kid he is so cute.

I decided to pay attention to the class now; I don’t want to fall behind since I’m already a month later than everyone else. It took me a whole month to convince my dad to let me attend a public school. My mom agreed before my dad.

Lunch time came and I was packing my things so I could go to lunch. This morning I was so excited that I forgot to eat breakfast. Donghae ssi was also getting his stuff read to leave; he called my name and I turned around and I saw him open his mouth to speak but was interrupted.

“DONGHAE~” a girl, no wait a boy… who care what it was. He looked like a pretty boy wearing all pink and was squealing like a girl. He came running into the class and towards us; well Donghae but I happen to be beside him. “Donghae~” he squealed again.

Donghae turned to face the other and cutely waved at him. “Sungmin hyung.”

‘So it’s a guy.’ I thought to myself but I guess it came out loud.

“Of course I’m a guy!” the pink guy named Sungmin glared at me. “What are you? A monkey?” he said and frowned. Everyone calls me monkey.

“A cute monkey” Donghae said and I blushed again. I’ve always hated when someone calls me monkey, but Donghae can call me cute monkey all he wants. ‘What am I thinking’ I mentally slapped myself.

The pink guy… err… Sungmin ssi rolled his and once again became as hyper as he was when he entered the classroom. “Guess what! Guess what!” he started to bounce up and down.

I saw Donghae roll his eyes this time. “Hmm I’ll guess then… the nerdy game addict asked you out.” Donghae replied and Sungmin squealed again so I covered my ears.

“Can you believe it! Cho Kyuhyun asked me out!” the squealing continued.

I decided to ignore them and hurry up packing my stuff before I go deaf thanks to Sungmin. When I was finally done I bowed and started to walk towards the exit of the classroom.

“Hyukjae ssi!” I heard Donghae call me so I turned around.

“Ne?’ I asked him.

“Would you like to come to lunch with us?” he asked me and my head started to nod slowly. I didn’t even tell my brain yes.

Donghae smiled and Sungmin skipped towards me, hugging my arm. “So what are you?”

“Huh?” I looked at him completely lost.

“Top or bottom?” he asked and once again I got lost. What the heck is he talking about?

“Leave him alone. Just because your gay doesn’t mean he is.” Donghae said.

I saw Sungmin frowning and then smiling again at me. “So are you gay?” he asked me. But I couldn’t answer because I didn’t even know myself. I’ve never dated anyone and I barely go out. “Come on you can tell me.”

“I-I don’t know.” I truthfully replied.

“You’ve never dated?!” he asked and I nodded.

He was about to say something but I guess his cell phone started vibrating because he looked to his pocket and reached into it tacking his cell phone out. He read his text message and grinned.

“Come on you two! My Kyu is waiting for me at the cafeteria. Palle!” Sungmin said and pulled me with him towards the cafeteria with Donghae following us trying to slow Sungmin down a bit.

When we finally arrived at the cafeteria it was crowded and there was only one table left with only one guy standing beside it. Some girl tried to sit there and he shot her a death glare.

“Kyu~” Sungmin squealed and the guy that was beside the table turned our way. Hhe smile and waved towards us.

Sungmin once again dragged me with him and we went towards the guy. He scares me with that smirk on his face. The other gave Sungmin a peck on the lips and possessively put his arm around Sungmin.

“New friend?” Sungmin’s boyfriend asked.

“Oh yeah this is Hyukjae. Hyukjae this my boyfriend Cho Kyuhyun.” Sungmin introduced us.

I bowed to him. “No need to be so polite. I’m not.” Kyuhyun said.

“Hyukkie let go get food!” I heard Donghae say.

“Huh? Hyukkie?” I asked. No one has ever called me Hyukkie other than Yesung, my weird neighbor.

“You don’t like to be called Hyukkie?” I saw Donghae pouting. How cute.

“No, I do like it. I just didn’t expect it.” I confessed.

He smiled again and I noticed he resembles a fish.

~~

It has been a month since I started attending this public school and I don’t regret begging my parents to let me attend a public school. Donghae and Sungmin became my best friends, along with Kyuhyun. But Kyuhyun is always playing pranks on Donghae and I other than playing his psp; what does Sungmin see in him? Although he does go after Sungmin when Sungmin yells at him and leaves. He is a sweet lover when he isn’t playing his games.

Donghae and I spent more time together since Sungmin and Kyuhyun sometimes wondered off to who knows where. Even when we would go out to watch a movie or just hang around somewhere, they would disappear for an hour or two. At first Donghae and I would wait for them but now that we knew they would not be coming back for another hour or two, we just leave now.

I’ll admit I like it when Sungmin and Kyuhyun disappear because Donghae and I just go and have fun on our. And I’ll also admit that I’ve developed stronger feelings towards Donghae than Sungmin and Kyuhyun. Donghae makes me feel completely. I’ve never felt this towards no one and I’m pretty sure its love. But I’m afraid he won’t feel the same way about me.

I was able to pull Sungmin off from Kyuhyun; Kyuhyun did give a fight but Sungmin told him to calm down. We went to the other side of the building were no one ever goes during lunch time.

“What is it Hyuk?” Sungmin asked as we stopped at a corner.

“Min, I need to ask you something.” I said and he nodded. His eyes were double as big as they usually are, meaning he was listening. “I-is D-Donghae gay?” I asked and blushed right after I did.

Sungmin put a finger under his lip and looked at something else. Kyuhyun was right when he said Sungmin looked cute when he thinks.

“I don’t know, he hasn’t mentioned any guy that he likes… but I’ve never seen him interested in any girl either…” Sungmin kept thinking out loud. “But I’ll find out for you!” he said all of a sudden and shocked me.

But I was thankful. “Really? But you won’t tell him I like him, right?” I asked to make sure. If Donghae doesn’t like me then I don’t want him to know I like him.

“Yeah sure, if you say so.” he said and skipped away.

OMG he better not tell him. “Min! wait!” I ran after him.

Instead of running towards Donghae, Sungmin ran to Kyuhyun and sat beside him like if Hyukjae hadn’t said anything. A week went by like that and I was thankful Sungmin kept his mouth shut.

We were at the library doing our homework like every other day, but something was different. Donghae kept stealing glances at me and when I caught him, he would smiled awkwardly. Did Sungmin really keep his mouth shut?

“Kyu come with me and help me get a book that I can’t reach.” Sungmin told Kyuhyun. Here they go again, MIA.

Donghae and I just decided to let them be. I stood up and headed towards a bookshelf that contained who knows what, all I wanted was to get away from Donghae’s stares. I grabbed the first book in front of me not even bothered to look at the title. I was about to open it to the first page…

“Hyukkie…” I heard Donghae call me from behind me.

“Ne?”

“umm… I-I was wondering I-if you would like to g-go on a d-ate with me.” he stuttered.

My mind took about a minute to register what he had just asked. Did he just asked me out? I wanted to answer back and my answer was definitely yes, but I couldn’t find my voice.

“I knew Sungmin was lying.” he said and I blinked. “I’m sorry, its just that that I really liked you and I was a little shocked when Sungmin hyung said you liked me. I decided to confess but it seems like you don’t really like me.” he was frowning the whole time and he looked so adorable.

“Ani, I do like you… I was just caught off guard.” I confessed. “I’ll love to go on a date with you.” I blushed. I was really happy about this.

He smiled widely and hugged me. “Thanks Hyukkie.”

I saw Sungmin and Kyuhyun hiding behind a shelf and I glared at Sungmin for telling Donghae. His grin disappeared and he hide behind Kyuhyun. If Donghae hadn’t asked me out I would definitely get him back.

 

______________________________

Ayie I hope you like it. I didn’t have much time to work on it, but I did the best I could ^-^

I really wanted to give it for your birthday and before I go on a semi hiatus.

Comments ♥