(2)

Typical

 

            After the girls all went to sleep, I opened my laptop and logged onto my blog and started filming my next vlog. I had started this earlier today to send to my friends back home so they could see what Korea was like, specifically the idol life.

            I just hadn’t thought they would be seeing it like this.

            The week passed by a lot faster than I thought it would. I spent the majority of the time with Lila’s band members, learning the choreography and all of that. It hadn’t felt real until Dohyun-oppa came in to talk to me about my decision to fill in for her.

            He’d basically asked me if I was still okay with filling in and if I was willing to change my hair and stuff. I’d sounded confident in front of him, but I was freaking out on the inside.

            I’m not bubbly or friendly like my sister, in fact I enjoy time by myself more often than around others.

            With a heavy sigh, I start my vlog.

            “Well guys, change of plans.” I say with a small smile and shrug. “Some things happened and my sister can’t join her group for their comeback.” I pause, wondering if I should explain what that thing was. None of our friends are into K-pop or Korean culture at all, so it’s not like it would be a big deal to them. But what if they tell someone on accident? I can’t risk my sister being part of some scandal in the Korean tabloids or anything. So I decide to just continue on.

            “Which means, I’m filling in for her during their promotions.” I try to smile but it probably looks more like a grimace. “I’ve been training with her group members and stuff, so I think I know what I’m doing, but—well—we all know I don’t actually know what I’m doing.” I sigh. “So wish me luck, and I’ll keep you posted. I’ll attach the photos I took in the link under this video.” Then I click out of the video, quickly post everything and close my laptop. Once I’m all done, I lay down on my sister’s bed and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

            The next morning, Minnie came to wake me up.

            “Get up sleepyhead, time for practice.” She said. I grumbled and turned away from her, but she simply yanked my blankets away and said, “You have five minutes, make them count.” Then, she left. I didn’t even put makeup on or anything, I just pulled on a pair of sweats, a t-shirt, some sneakers and pulled my hair into a bun on top of my head.

            Dohyun-oppa picked us up, the boys already in the back seat, fast asleep. We drove down to the Cube building and went straight to practice for the next two or three hours.

            Exhausting is an understatement, but I keep enduring it just like the other members. It isn’t until the choreographer tells us to take a break that I realize my legs won’t stop shaking. I’ve never had to do something so intense as this, so my body is definitely not happy with this sudden change. I fall on my back and stare up at the ceiling with a heavy sigh.

            Then Kato leans over and stares down at me, blocking any view of the ceiling I had seconds ago.

            “Move.” I whine, smacking at his leg behind my head. He only smirks and shakes his head.

            “Bet you I can beat you in a staring contest.” He says. I just glare at him. He seems to take this as a yes, because he squats down so that our faces are closer together. “Okay, one, two three, go!” then he widens his eyes—which makes him look like a fish for some reason—and I burst out laughing, looking away instantly.

            He points at him and yells, “Ha!” with a triumphant look in his eyes.

            “Okay, you win, choding, whatever.” I say, sitting up and leaning towards my water bottle, which is just out of reach.

            “That’s not whatever.” He says as he walks over and grabs my water bottle, squeezing some of the precious cold drink into his mouth. I let out a whine of protest and stretch my hands towards him. He takes a step back and smirks. “You want this?” he asks, waving the battle at me. I nod and he laughs before walking away.

            “Yah!” I yell at him in frustration. “Give it back!”

            “Yah! I’m your oppa, you speak to me with respect!” he calls back from the other side of the room. He gives me a smug smile. I huff, cross my arms and lay back down to continue staring at the ceiling. I hear something bang against the floor and look over to see my bottle rolling towards me.

            “You’re so stubborn.” Kato mutters, shaking his head in amusement. I grin and grab the bottle, only to find out that it’s empty.

            “Yah!” I yell, scrambling to my feet, grabbing his water bottle, and running after Kato, out the door of the practice room and down the hall. Once I catch him, I pour the cold water over his head and leap back before he can grab me, laughing.

            “Who’s the choding now?” he asks, reaching towards me. I try to get away, but he’s fast, so he instantly wraps me into a huge hug, getting me wet too.

            The choreographer comes out a moment later to tell us to get back in and practice more, but I can tell he’s not angry with us, since he’s laughing and shaking his head.

            We go back in a practice for a few more hours with no more chaos.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

small update, because i can :P