Chapter 1

The Slave

They arrived at a big gorgeous mansion which was built with Western style. It was the most gorgeous mansion that the little girl had ever seen in her life. Everything was so fancy, and even the servants were fancy as well. They were dressed up in beautiful costume, and queued up in 2 lines. The servants greeted Mrs. Lee with their best manners. They bowed her with full respects and said “Welcome home, Mrs. Lee” The little girl rolled her eyes on everything in the mansion and turned around to take a look at the décor, while following the beautiful lady.

  • Mom, you’re home – a shout from upstairs, and then the sound of footstep was getting louder and echoed over the mansion. 

A young cute boy was in fancy white shirt and a pair of short around his knee, wearing a tiny black ribbon around his shirt collar, running towards Mrs. Lee. She bended down and extended her arms to welcome the cute boy with a tight hug. Suddenly, Sulli felt her heart aching when recalling the time she used to be welcomed with those warm arms of her parents. She always felt safe, and no worry, she wished those strong arms could spread out again to take her back. The boy soon noticed the pair of eyes which was staring at him. A little girl was dirty all over with her ragged clothes, hiding behind Mrs. Lee back.

  • Who’s she, mom? – the boy pointed at her
  • She’s an orphan I met on the way back home. I found she’s so pity, so I brought her home – Mrs. Lee said and introduced the little girl to the boy – He’s my son – Taemin. Say hi to him, Sulli
  • Hi … hi Taemin – Sulli was too shy to say hi to the cute boy
  • Let’s be friend, okay? – Mrs. Lee said
  • Who else wants to be friend with a poor ugly girl like her? She smells like a skunk – The cute-look boy replied with his not-cute attitude
  • Taemin … don’t be rude – his mom said while staring at her
  • Why do you protect her? I’m your only son, she’s even a stranger. I don’t wanna talk to you, mom – Taemin got angry and ran back to his room
  • This kid … - she sighed and shook her head
  • Did I do something wrong to make him angry at me? – Sulli said while holding Mrs. Lee’s fancy dress
  • No, it’s not your fault. He doesn’t use to get along with stranger. But he will be friend with you later – Mrs. Lee said – Mrs. Kang, please guide her to her room. And give her a proper bath and meal.

Afterward, Sulli followed an old woman in servant’s costume. The old woman helped her take a bath, and asked her a proper meal. Sulli was grateful because she could have a good meal after a very long time she hadn’t. It was the best meal ever; even it’s just a normal meal of Lee family’s servant.

One of some reasons why Mrs. Lee brought home was because she hoped Sulli could be a friend with him. It would help him realize how lucky he is otherwise other kids had no parents and even couldn’t have a proper meal every day. She hoped Sulli could help him stop those bad attitudes at school, and wouldn’t get along with bad kids. She knew Taemin was very lonely at home, because all the servants were adults, so they might not play with him. A kid around his age would make him happier when she’s not around him.

While Mrs. Lee was thinking about it, and sitting on her bed, a servant knocked the door. It’s Mrs. Kang – the head of servants in Lee family. She was holding a kid’s hand who was wearing a nice dress, even which dress was pretty old, but it’s still better than her own clothes. The kid smiled at Mrs. Lee and bowed her. Her hair was tied into a pony tail which was around her small shoulder.

  • Wow,   you look fresh and nice – Mrs. Lee smiled gently at her
  • Mrs. Kang helps me take a bath, and give me good. It’s really good. And this dress is so nice. I haven’t worn a nice dress like this before  - Sulli said with her joy and turned a few around while showing her dress to Mrs. Lee
  • I’m glad you like it. Do you enjoy staying here? – Mrs. Lee said
  • Yes, I do. This place is so … so amazing – Sulli jumped up in joy

Then Mrs. Lee asked Sulli to leave her and Mrs. Kang alone, because they had a few things to discuss about. Sulli walked along the corridor to back to her room. Actually, she shared a room with Mrs. Kang in the employee area. While she was on the way back to her room, she heard a boy’s voice from a room which door was still open, and then she took a peek into the room. She saw Mrs. Lee’s son – a boy named Taemin was kicking his teddy bear while mumbling something “Stupid, dirty girl … Stupid …” The boy was about to repeat those things, Sulli’s voice stopped his business “Hello …” He turned back and saw her waving at him while giving him her best smile.

  • Who allows you getting into my room? Get away – Taemin said and immediately picked up the teddy bear and threw it towards the little girl

The toy landed on the place where was near her place. She picked it up, walked forwards and gave it back to Taemin. The boy looked angrier when the girl dared to walk closer to him. Taemin smacked her right hand away which was holding the toy, so it dropped down on the ground.

- Who wants to back it back when your dirty hands touch it? -   Taemin said and gave her the disgusting look

- But I’d taken a bath already. I’m fresh now – Sulli said while showing him her clean hands

- You’re still a dirty poor brat even you wear a nice clothes or take a bath 100 times a day – Taemin almost shouted at the 1-year-younger-than-him girl

- I just want to make friend with you – Sulli mumble while looking at the ground

- Who asks you to do irrelevant thing? – the 7 years old boy kept bullying the girl

 - Your mom … I mean Mrs. Lee – Sulli corrected her world when Taemin rolled his eyes on her as she said “your mom”

- I’m also owner here. I command you get out of my sight now, and don’t come close to me without my permission. Understand? – The young boy commanded

The girl nodded her head, and didn’t dare to look at the scary boy

  • Don’t you hear what I’ve just said earlier? Why are you still standing here? – Taemin said while patting his small foot on the carpet
  • Err … how’s about the teddy bear? – Sulli rolled her eyes the cute teddy bear
  • Take it with you. Get out of my room now – Taemin shouted again

Sulli hurried to pick the cute toy up, showed her smile happily, squeezed it tightly, bowed him and said “Thank you”, then dashed out of the room. The abandoned toy was just like a trivial thing to Taemin, but to Sulli that was the first cute and expensive toy in her whole life. She had seen it before in a store with her parents, but they couldn’t give their daughter that teddy bear, because it almost cost their salary of the whole month. It was just something too luxurious to that little girl. So, when Taemin gave it to her, actually he threw it away, it became a treasure to her, and she thought it’s the first gift she’d ever received from someone, except her parents.  

After a few days of living in Lee mansion, their relationship had no progress. He still hated her because he thought she caught his mom’s attention, made Mrs. Lee neglect him. While Sulli enjoyed playing with cute toy, Taemin felt so hard to sleep without it, because he always hugged it as sleeping. The little boy felt like something familiar missing, it caused him an uncomfortable feeling. He started regretting of throwing it away, and he wanted to take it back.  However, he was still shy to ask Sulli give his teddy bear back, because he’s afraid that she would make fun of him, he hated being called and treated like a baby. So, he had intend to steal it back.

That day, he was about to go downstairs for dinner, suddenly he heard Mrs. Kang calling Sulli and asking the young girl help her to prepare for dinner. He hidden behind a door and waited for Sulli go downstairs. He hurried to run to her room, looked around and tried to find it, Finally, he found out that the teddy bear was placing on her small bed. He grabbed it immediately, and was about to go back to his room. Unfortunately, she just back at that time, and caught him holding the toy in his hand.

  • What are you doing in my room? – Sulli asked him while staring at the toy
  • Nothing – he said and hide it behind his back
  • But you’re holding my teddy – Sulli said
  • It’s not yours. It’s mine
  • But you gave it to me
  • No, I’m gonna take it back.  – Taemin stated
  • But you said I could have it – Sulli protested
  • Who said that?
  • It’s you. No, you can’t have it back – Sulli grabbed the teddy from his hand
  • It’s mine. Give it back – Taemin shouted
  • No, it’s mine

Two kids were fighting for the toy. They were holding each hand of the teddy, and pulling it towards their own sides. Suddenly, the toy was tear in half. Taemin was holding the right arm of its otherwise Sulli was holding the other part of the teddy – the body which linked to the left arm. The toy was broken into two. Taemin got angry because his toy was destroyed. He threw the part of the toy which he’s having, into Sulli’s face. Sulli started sobbing and bend down to pick it up. She looked at Taemin angrily. The boy might never know how much she treasured it, because to a poor kid like her, she never could have a chance to buy it, while he could buy everything he liked.

Sulli jumped into Taemin, that made him falling on the floor, and they began fighting and screaming over the mansion. The servants heard their loud scream upstairs. They ran fast to where the scream came from. They witnessed two little kid fighting with each other. Mrs. Kang jumped into and stopped the kids.

  • She hit me first – Taemin said while showing Mrs. Kang and the servants the scratch on his arms which were made by Sulli
  • He made my toy tear off. And he also hit me back – Sulli said while her face was around the tears
  • How could I stay still for you to hit me? I just want to protect myself – Taemin reasoned – And this toy is mine. She stole it from me
  • No, I didn’t. You threw it away, I just picked it up – Sulli said
  • Stop. You two stop fighting, and back to your own room, Young Master. I’ll find it out later – Mrs. Kang said and asked the maids to Taemin to his own room
  • You have to punish her – Taemin sais while was about to leave out of Sulli’s room
  • Yes, Young Master – Mrs. Kang nodded her head

When all the servants and Taemin got out of the room, Mrs. Kang closed the door, left only Sulli and her alone in the room.

  • I know you’re not a bad kid. I believe you didn’t steal his toy
  • I really didn’t – Sulli said
  • But hitting him first is your fault. – Mrs. Kang started lecturing  her
  • But he tear … - Sulli was about to say something
  • Listen to me, Sulli. No matter what he’s wrong or does something bad to you, he’s still your Young Master. Think of how Mrs. Lee save you, and give you a better life. So just bear with his attitude, if you’re really grateful to Mrs. Lee. And I believe Mrs. Lee won’t be happy if you know you and Young Master had a fight – Mrs. Kang explained
  • I’m sorry – Sulli nodded
  • So, go and apologize Young Master or else he will tell Mrs. Lee – the old servant stated
  • Yes, I will. Please, don’t kicking me out of the mansion. I don’t want to stay under the bridge again. – Sulli said while imagining she could be back to the terrible place where she’d stayed before
  • So, try to make Young Master claim down, and be well-behave while talking to him later – Mrs. Kang said

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What will Sulli do to make Taemin not angry at her?

It's a pretty long update today. Oh gosh, it's 12.30 am now, I'm exhausted after work. I have to sleep now to gain my energy back for tomorrow work.

See you in next update. Hope you enjoy it, and don't forget leaving comments if you like it