Promise

Stay

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_3UxIlohJU

Jessica let out a deep sigh as she took small steps towards the plane door.

She looked around the beautiful scenery of Seoul and smiled to herself, it's good to be home.

It's been 3 years since she left Seoul to persue her singing dreams in America. It's been 3 years since she left, him. Lee Jinki. Jessica walked to the car with two security guards on both sides, screams filled the area, fansigns we're raised and camera-flashes we're everywhere. Jessica got inside the car and opened the windows to wave at her fans, then closed afterwards. As they we're on their way to the hotel Jessica will temporarily reside—on the street of Apgujeong-dong (and also her hometown), Jessica leaned her head against the window. A sudden thought crossed her mind. She remembered how they last talked and saw each other, she remembered how she said goodbye and remembered the sad look on his face.


The next day.. just another normal day, but not for Jessica. It was her last day in South Korea, and she will fly to America. She stuffed her bags and luggages into the back of the car with the help of her brother, Heechul. Both of them got inside the car, and just as Heechul was about to start the engine, "Oppa! Please do me one last favor. Please. Please." Jessica whined cutely like a little kid, which always works to get him to do what she asks. Heechul sighed, "for the last time.. okay." She hugged him from the passenger seat. "Thank you, Oppa."

Heechul drove her off to where she wants him to take her. It was at a private and peaceful place in Apgujeong, not much people where in there. Flowers filled the area, and a fountain was placed in the middle. It was Jessica and Onew's favorite place to hang-out. They would come there more often, after class or during weekends, they would play, eat, read books or do nothing-at all. Both of them we're friends since childhood, when Jessica's family moved to their town. When Jessica's brother, Heechul, was on his 2nd year in college, their parents migrated to America for their family business, and both of them only have each other. Jessica's parents will send her to America to persue her dreams in singing, since she always dreamed of becoming a singer. Onew, on the other hand, lives with his mother and his sister, Sulli. His parents separated ever since he was 12 years old. His father re-married another woman and raised a new family, leaving the three of them behind. Onew loves to write stories, and dreamed of becoming a writer someday. He would even read to Jessica his short stories and she would always compliment and appreciate them.

Onew sat and waited patiently at the edge of the fountain while re-reading the text message from Jessica, all over again. Meet me there, now. He was anxious, and clueless. "Jinki!" Jessica stepped inside quietly and walked towards him. Onew shifts his gaze to her, "Sooyeon! You're here, is there anything you want to tell me?" then he sat up and approached her. Jessica just nodded lightly, Onew gave her a look signaling her to continue. "Remember what i always tell you.. about my dream of becoming a singer?" She says, in a quivering tone. "Yes. You always tell me that, like, all the time." He chuckled. Jessica cleared , and took a deep sigh. "My parents will send me off to America to persue my dream and continue studying there. And I have to leave everything behind here in South Korea." She whimpered, while avoiding gazes. "Is that.. so?" Onew froze, not knowing what to say anymore. "I'll be leaving by 8, which is probably an hour later." She stutters, holding back tears. "Uh, Jinki. I have to go now, or else i would miss my flight. See you, sometime soon.. i guess, annyeong!" Jessica tried to sound as casual as she can and gave him a fainting smile. She her heels, leaving him dumb-founded. "Sooyeon-ah!" Onew grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a hug. "I know I should've told you this before, but I just couldn't find the words. Sooyeon-ah! I love you. No, not only as a friend. But something else. You're very special to me, and I don't want to lose you. I loved you ever since before, please don't leave." Still tightening his hold, Jessica slightly pushed him away and couldn't help but broke into tears. "I cant stay, as much as i want too, but I can't." And that's all she's able to say. Onew fell on his knees and teared up as he watched her walk to her car. He got up and ran after her. "Oppa, please start the car." Jessica said with a trembling voice as she shut the door closed. Heechul started the engines and drove off. "Are you sure about this, Sooyeon?" He said, peeking at her through the reviewer mirror. "It'll be fine, oppa. He will be fine as well."


"Jessica!" Her manager called her out for the 5th time, snapping her out of the flashback. "Ah, neh?" She startled, and shook her head. Snap out of it, she told herself. "What we're you thinking? Anyways, we're here!" Her manager said excitingly. The security guards opened the door for her, and she was greeted by tons of her fans. She got inside the Pop Green Hotel in Apgujeong with her manager and two other guards as they accompany her to her room. "I'll leave you here, okay? Call me if you need anything. Enjoy your 1week-stay!" Her manager gave her a little peck on the cheek and waved goodbye. Jessica stepped inside the room and threw her bag and coat at the bed. She reached towards the windows and opened the curtains, and she was able to see her hometown, Apgujeong. "Yah Sooyeon!" She startled, hearing a very familiar voice. She looked behind, "Chul-oppa!" It was her brother, Heechul. Both of them ran towards each other and gave each other a tight hug. "Oppa! I missed you!" It was a dramatic scene for the both of them since they haven't seen each other for years. They got out of the hug, and Jessica started tearing up. "You've grown up so much!" Heechul eyed her from head to toe, "But you haven't changed your wimpyness." He reached for her head and played with her hair. "Yah, oppa!" Jessica playfully punched his chest. "Look at you! You're now Jessica Jung of America." Her brother said, teasingly. "Maybe, but Im still your old little Jung Sooyeon."
 

It was Jessica's 6th and last day at Apgujeong, and tomorrow she will fly back to America to continue her career. She was at the Rodeo Street, Apgujeong, and as usual, the place was packed and the people went wild. But she managed to stay calm, and waved to all of them. She was with her manager and three other guards, as they were accompanying her to where she wants to go. They dropped by a bookstore before going back to the hotel. Memories flashed to her mind as she stepped inside the bookstore. It was not just a bookstore, it was Onew's favorite bookstore, and lately became her favorite as well. It was huge, organized and filled with books. Onew used to take her there. This place hasn't changed a bit, she thought. Although, it was quite improved but it was still the same old bookstore they used to go. She roamed around and went to every shelves with her manager and the three guards following behind her. Jessica stopped walking and glanced over at something that caught her eye. Stay by Lee Onew, it was displayed neatly at the Top-Selling section, just by the glass window. She reached over, and grabbed it quickly. She flipped through the pages, until she reached the last page.

"I should get going now."

I fainted as I watched her walk away, knowing I couldn't do anything.

I guess this goodbye, after all.


Then she shifts to the back cover of the book, Lee (Jinki) Onew, Seoul's best-selling author! She was happy with what she saw smiled to herself. "Would you like to buy this, ma'am?" The saleslady entertained her with a gleeful look. "Umm, y-yes. But, L-Lee Onew.. who-" She stuttered and got cut off by the saleslady, "Ah yes! Lee Onew. He's amazing! This is his first novel and the sells are going wild. You're very lucky because this is actually the last copy left." She said in an overwhelming manner. "I'll take it!"

The next day was the day of Jessica's flight back to America. "You good to go?" Her manager barged into her room as Jessica was fixing herself in front of the mirror for the last time. "I guess." Jessica sighed. She waved at her fans for the very last time and entered the car. As they we're on their way to the airport, they passed by a familiar place. "Driver-nim, please stop the car." Jessica said, and the driver stompped the brake pad rapidly. She immediately got out of the car and ran towards the place. It was the place where they last saw each other three years ago, it was at the fountain. She glanced at the place for the last time, hoping something good—like a miracle will happen. Surprisingly, something did.. She heard small footsteps, pretty sure its from a man. "Look what we have here, Jessica Jung." A familiar voice came out from behind, it was sweet and calm. Jessica turned to see the owner of the voice. There he was, Lee Jinki, flashing his usual sweet and dashing smile. Her eyes sparkled by what she saw. She, unhesitantly, ran towards him and hugged him really tight. Onew stood frozen and eyes-widened. Then slowly, he hugged her back. Tears we're flowing through Jessica's cheeks, as she buried her head on Onew's shoulder. She loosen her tight and pulled out of the hug while whiping off her tears. She began to speak hastily, though she cant speak normally since she was sniffling. "I-Im sorry for ditching your feelings back then. I wasn't sure of w-what I want, but now I realize that it was you who I-I really wa-" cutting off her words, Onew chuckled and immediately pressed his lips against hers, leaving Jessica surprised. Jessica slowly closed her eyes and kissed him back. Onew broke the kiss and smiled at her sincerely, "It's okay as long as you're here with me now." Jessica turned her head down, avoiding gazes. "It's not like that, Jinki." She said in a quivering tone. "I won't be here permanently, I was just here for my 1-week vacation. Today's my last day." Onew held her chin gently and lifted her head towards him. "Sooyeon, I can wait." He looked deep into her eyes and continued, "and Im willing to wait, even if I know it would take forever." He said calmly and caressed her cheek, wiping away the tears. "You should get going now, you'll miss your flight." Onew flashed a weak smile. Jessica nodded, putting up a small smile on her lips. "Jinki-ah!" Jessica stopped walking and turned to face him, "I'll come back! I promise."

Onew felt something pierced on his chest seeing her walk away for the second time, but knowing that she's worth the wait, he managed to put up a smile on his face. And who knows, right? Maybe Jessica would give up her career or Onew will fly to America just for the both of them to be with each other, at last.


Trash, i know. For those who took time to read this and to the people who subscribed, thank you! This is my very first fanfiction, and i can't believe that i was actually able to finish it! Sorry for any gramatical errors, English is my third language so please understand. Also, this was inspired by an OnSica fic. i've red few weeks ago. Tell me what you think about this fic., comments are always appreciated. x