Too late (kyuteuk)

Oneshot Series

~Requested by KyuteukLover~

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was 8pm on a normal Tuesday night. Leeteuk was on his laptop just looking for what there was. He gave a bitter smile, it wasn't long now. It was only 3 days until Leeteuk had a flight to the States and have to leave it all behind. It was only 2 days until Leeteuk had a flight and have to leave behind everything he ever held precious to him. His family, his friends... and the person he has loved for over 3 years but never confessed to.

"Jungsoo hyung!" Someone suddenly called. Leeteuk turned around to see Kyuhyun smiling at him, that breath-taking smile which Leeteuk longed for. Yes, it was 2 years since Leeteuk first fell in love with Kyuhyun. Flower boy, beautiful and graceful. Leeteuk was always entranced by Kyuhyun, so special, so different from the others.

"...Kyuhyunnie... What is it?"  Leeteuk asked, Kyuhyun gave a slightly concerned expression.

"You're spacing out again, what are you thinking about?"

"I'm just... just thinking about going to the States..."

"Hyung, I wish you didn't have to go." Kyuhyun said with a sincere tone in his voice. Leeteuk couldn't help but smile at such words. He tokk a deep breath, now would probably be the only chance to confess.

"...I-" Leeteuk was cut off though.

"Kyuhyun-ah." Called another voice, the very noice which could make Kyuhyun smile a thousand times brighter than Leeteuk ever could.

"Sungminnie hyung." Kyuhyun happily sang in the sight of the other. Without so much as a second thought, or what seemed so much without as a second thought, Kyuhyun walked up to the elder and embraced each other.

"Where were you this morning? I couldn't find you." Sungmin spoke with a exaggeratedly worried expression, Kyuhyun laughed quietly. Leeteuk tried to supress his scowl at the seemingly perfect couply.

"Oh, I just went out to buy some things. I can't be bothered going shopping with all the traffic so I decided to go early." Kyuhyun replied happily, Sungmin raised a brow.

"Really? It doesn't seem like you would get up so early."

"I know, so proud of myself right now." Kyuhyun smiled with a satistied look, Sungmin smiled back.

"By the way, I want to show you something."

"What is it?"

"A surprise, come on." Sungmin grinned, Kyuhyun smiled gently.

"Bye Jungsoo hyung." Kyuhyun waved happily, Leeteuk couldn't do anything but force a bitter smile to his lips and smile back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Excuse me, sir, we're closing the shop." The bartender spoke, watching the man who was downing drinks like no tomorrow. Yet, it was Leeteuk. He was sad about leaving to the States, and he was sad about not being able to tell Kyuhyun how he felt. Thus, he drank many many cups of alcohol. It was obviously that Leeteuk was completely and utterly drunk.

"..."

"Excuse me, sir."

"..." Leeteuk didn't respond either times, he just continued on drinking his alcohol. Well, kind of drinking his alcohol. At this point, Leeteuk had his head pressed against his arm on the counter, a cup of alcohol in his hand.

"Aigo..." The bartender muttered. He then saw Leeteuk loosely clutching a phone in his other hand. Being the smart type of man the bartender was, he took the phone and looked at the screen. A number was placed on the screen, with the letters above it spelled 'Cho Kyuhyun'. With that, the man gave Leeteuk a sympathetic stare.

'Another heartbroken fellow." The bartender thought. Logically, since there was no way he was going to kick Leeteuk onto the streets and there no-one else the bartender could contact to pick up Leeteuk, he decided to call the number on the phone screen.

"Hello?" The bartender asked rhetorically, hearing a ringing noise before someone actually picked up.

"Yes, hello?" Asked a deep voice, it was definitely Kyuhyun.

"Um, are you close with a person named Park Jungsoo?" The bartender asked, seeing the name written down on the back of the phone.

"I am, why are you asking?" Kyuhyun asked in a rather suspicious way, unsure of why a strange man was calling.

"Well, at the moment, he's at the bar. He's drunken so much alcohol that he's passed out. I don't think it's safe if he leaves here unsupervised." The bartender informed Kyuhyun who quickly began to worry.

"Really? I'll go pick him up now then. Thank you for calling me." Kyuhyun spoke in a rushed manner, knowing the exact bar in which the bartender was from.

"No problem, arrive safely." The bartender replied.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where is he?" Kyuhyun asked, panting since he ran to the bar. It seems that he couldn't find the car keys so Kyuhyun decided to just skip the act and run as fast as he could.

"He's right over here." The bartender spoke, his hands directing towards the counter in which Leeteuk was laying passed out at.

"Jungsoo hyung!" Kyuhyun exclaimed loudly, his voice quickly snapping the passed out man from his sleep. Leeteuk looked up straight away, only Kyuhyun could ever make Leeteuk react in such a way.

"...Kyuhyunnie..." Leeteuk muttered quietly, his head falling back to the counter.

"Thank you." Kyuhyun said to the man, bowing and actioning that he could leave. The bartender bowed courteously as he left to go somewhere else.

"..."  Leeteuk stayed silent.

"Jungsoo hyung, we need to go now. Get up" Kyuhyun muttered quietly as he rubbed Leeteuk's back, tugging gently on his shirt. Leeteuk shook his head, refusing to go. Instead, he pulled Kyuhyun down onto the chair, shocking the younger slightly.

"Kyuhyun-ah." Leeteuk spoke in a rather serious voice, Kyuhyun could smell the strong alcohol coming from Leeteuk's breath.

"Yes?" Kyuhyun asked.

"I love you so damn much."

"...I love you too hyung."

"No, Kyuhyun, not like a hyung and dongsaeng.  I love you like a man." Leeteuk repeated, Kyuhyun simply gave him a twisted expression.

"...That's just the alcohol talking, get a hold of yourself Jungsoo-ah."

"The alcohol isn't talking, I am!... Or is the alcohol actually talking?"

"No hyung, the alcohol isn't talking."

"Good." Leeteuk stated.

"Hyung-" Before Kyuhyun could talk, he was cut off.

"I've loved you since the first day we met each other. I remember when you first came with Hyukjae, he introduced you to  us. You were so pretty... Very very very very pretty..." Leeteuk spoke in a somewhat sincere way.

"..." Kyuhyun's eyes widened, staying silent.

"You were also so considerate, you took care of us and teated us like your own brothers. I really wanted to to with you... but you instead got a crush on Sungmin..."

"..."

"And now, I'm leaving to the States..." Leeteuk mumbled. Kyuhyun didn't know what to think, he let his hair cover his eyes.

"...I-" Kyuhyun was cut off with the feeling of Leeteuk's lips pressed against him. The taste of alcohol was clear, not to mention the scent. Although, it was gentle and soft. Slowly, Leeteuk pulled away.

"I wish I could kiss you whenever I wanted."

Kyuhuyn looked down, an unpleased expression plastered onto his face.

"...Lets... Lets hurry up and get home..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Leeteuk woke up in bed. He felt his head throbbing, his body joints aching and his heart beating incredibly fast. He let a defeated sigh escape his lips and he to his side, seeing the framed picture of Kyuhyun he had on display beside him on the table. At that moment, Leeteuk's eyes widened. He remembered what happened yesterday, he remembered what had happened between him and Kyuhyun. Without a second though, he jumped out of bed and ran out the door. There, he saw Kyuhyun walking by, turning out of shock (I forgot to mention this, but they live together).

"Kyu..."

"Hyung." As Kyuhyun tried to walk quickly away from the other, Leeteuk grabbed him by the wrist.

"wait, Kyuhyun-" Leeteuk was cut off.

"I get it, you drank too much and was just acting stupid. Forget about yesterday, I will to." Kyuhyun muttered, his tone of voice shaking just slightly, avoiding any type of eye contact with Leeteuk. The other didn't notice the way Kyuhyun shivered, the way his eyes shone somewhat 'hopefully'.

"...Yeah, I just drank too much alcohol last night. It was a mistake." Leeteuk muttered as he let go of Kyuhyun's wrist. With those words, Kyuhyun's eyes widened slightly. The younger bit his quivering lip, his voice hitching slightly.

"..."

"Kyuhyunnie?"

"...I'm leaving now."

"Why?" Leeteuk questioned.

"None of your business. You're going to The States tonight, better get ready."

"...R-right..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in the blink of an eye, Leeteuk found himself waiting in the airport, watching planes coming and going. The time after that conversation, he hadn't seen Kyuhyun or even been able to contact him. Leeteuk groaned loudly. Suddenly, he heard someone tap his shoulder. Leeteuk turned around to see Kyuhyun standing behind him with something in his hands.

"...Here, a present. Just so you remember me." Kyuhyun muttered quietly, handing the wrapped parcel to Leeteuk. The other stared as he hesitantly put his hand out and reached for it.

"Thank you, what is it?" Leeteuk questioned as he gripped the gift tightly in his lap.

"Open it, you'll find out. Anyway, I need to go now. Sungmin hyung is waiting for me outside." Kyuhyun replied as he used his hand and pointed dehind him, showing where Sungmin was. Leeteuk bit his lower lip.

"Okay, hope to see you soon." Leeteuk muttered. Kyuhyun then took two steps away, hesitantly stopping his steps and turning back to Leeteuk.

"...By the way..."

"What is it?"

"On that night, when you were drunk and kissed me, were you being sincere?" Kyuhyun suddenly asked, that spark of hope ignited in his eyes once again. But of course, Leeteuk didn't notice it. The way Kyuhyun's eyes shone with such hope, such desire.

"...Why are you asking?" Leeteuk asked rhetorically.

"Answer my question."

"...No, it wasn't. Like I said before, I was just drunk. It was a mistake."

"..." Kyuhyun stayed quiet. He stifled a whimper unsuccessfully. Leeteuk quickly noticed as his eyes widened.

"K-Kyu-" Leeteuk stuttered as he was cut off.

"And to think I actually considered loving you for a second... To think I actually was willing to leave Sungmin for you.." Kyuhyun let out a bitter laugh, Leeteuk stared in shock with those words.

"...You considered loving me?"

"Yes I did. Hyung people can change, I can change. Honestly, when you kissed me, I was really happy. I was willing to give up Sungmin hyung for you instead."

"..." Leeteuk wasn't sure of how to respond.

"But it's clear that I don't mean anything to you, I wish I did though."

"...You didn't talk to me for the whole day though..." Leeteuk spoke, Kyuhyun bit his lip.

"I didn't talk to you today is because I keep telling myself that if you wanted to talk to me, you would."

"..."

"Anyway, I'm leaving. Bye."

Leeteuk watched Kyuhyun slowly leave, hearing his flight being called. The elder bit his lip slightly, collected his luggage and went onto the plane with the gift in his hand. Leeteuk wasn't sure of what to say to get Kyuhyun to stay, and he wasn't sure of why he couldn't say anything to Kyuhyun. Leeteuk looked at the gift in his hands and unwrapped it. With that gift, Leeteuk's breathing hitched..

Just an old photo from 3 years ago, a photo of Kyuhyun and Leeteuk. He had forgotten that it even existed, but Kyuhyun still kept it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kyuhyun, I love you." Sungmin smiled. Kyuhyun shivered, stopped a whimper from coming out and bit his lip. kyuhyun held back the tears and managed to stop his voice from shaking.

"...I... I love you too... Sungmin hyung..." Kyuhyun breathed, his voice hitching once or twice throughout that sentence, as if he was forcing himself to say such words. Which he was.

"Is something wrong?" Sungmin asked with a concerned expression, Kyuhyun forced a trembling smile and shook his head. This was the life Kyuhyun had now, he couldn't just change it.

"N-No, it's nothing..." Kyuhyun stuttered, breathing and trying to get rid of the hoarse sound in his voice. His neck was clogged up as Sungmin reached for Kyuhyun's hand, feeling the other do nothing. Kyuhyun didn't hold his hand back.

"Lets go." Sungmin whispered, trying to think of why Kyuhyun was acting the way he was. Kyuhyun stared out the window, watching to see the plane getting ready to take off.

"...Jungsoo hyung..." Kyuhyun mumbled quietly, the name leaving a somewhat pleasant and nostalgic sensation on his lips. Without knowing why, without even realising it, Kyuhyun raised his fingers and grazed them over his lips.

"What did you say?" Sungmin questioned, turning around to see Kyuhyun who was looking into the distance.

"...Nothing important, I'm just thinking." Kyuhyun brushed it off, forcing himself to hold Sungmin's hand just a little tighter.

"Okay." Sungmin spoke, not really suspecting anything.

Kyuhyun felt his tears swell up slightly, looking up and swallowing them back down.

"...If you told me earlier... I would have accepted it..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think? Sorry, I'm not really good with angst~! >_<