1

The Demon 2

 

 

It hurt.

It hurt so much.

Under the grey and heavy clouds, lights of different colors were shining all over the place. Store windows, malls, streetlights, and parking lot poles were decorated to celebrate this joyous time filled with shopping, gift giving, and happiness.

Happiness,eh?

Laughter and melodious voices were tickling his ears as he passed by a group of children. The kids were smiling brightly, their eyes transforming into semi-moons, completely opposite of his expression.

Their faces were flushed, the mad shade of red covering their chubby cheeks and noses were making them look adorable. Kibum couldn’t restrain a weak smile to spread across his lips. It brought him beautiful memories of his childhood, memories he holds dear.

He kept going down the illuminated streets, admiring the red and green lights with his brown eyes. Bells were ringing in his ears and he closed his eyes and stopped in the middle of pavement to listen carefully. He loved bells, he always had some in his house during this period. But this year was an exception.

He opened his heavy eyelids and raised his chin, looking up at the vast sky. The sky looked sad, in Kibum’s opinion. Sad, mad and ready to let go of his tears, exactly like Kibum.

Christmas lights and banners were hung along streets, music was playing from speakers, and Christmas trees were placed all over the city, letting the people stare at their beauty. They were really beautiful, Kibum admitted that. He used to stop and stare at them long minutes, even if his body would get cold and he won’t feel his hands and feet anymore. He remembers how his eyes were sparkling like a child’s who lost himself in his own world. A world of happiness, of laughter and love.

Kibum loved Christmas, he really did. He loved making cookies and have people eat them with a smile. He loved decorating his house to make it sparkle and give a warm feeling. But what he loved the most was spending Christmas together with the one he loves.

But this year he did nothing. He didn’t prepare anything. He didn’t have a reason to celebrate Christmas anymore. Not when he was alone.

He could feel his heart breaking slowly just at the thought of it. It was the first Christmas he will spend alone. Locked in his room and probably crying himself to sleep.

It passed more than a month from when he last saw Jonghyun in his dreams. It's like he suddenly disappeared one night without a trance. He didn't tell Kibum anything, and that crushed Kibum's weak heart. He just could stop himself from thinking that maybe, Jonghyun didn't love him anymore.

Why was love so complicated? Wasn't it enought that he fell in love with a demon? Wasn't that complicated enough?

 

Kibum found himself at the entrance of the central park. This place brought him lots of memories. Memories he not long ago considered them precious, special. Now they were just a bunch of memories he wanted to forget. They just bring him sadness and tears.

With small steps he entered the park. He started walking, not really caring where he’ll end up. He just let his feet lead him to where his heart would want to go.

The last Christmas was one of the best he had. Minho took him out to dinner into a really expensive restaurant. He always said that he wanted the best for his Bummie. And once again, Kibum could say that it was the best dinner he had. He ate his favorite foods and they kept joking around. He still remembers how he blushed madly more than ten times that night. Minho kept whispering him cheesy things and Kibum felt his face burning with embarrassment when a couple from the table near them heard Minho.

He still remembers his words perfectly, like they were engraved into his mind and heart.

``Do you remember how we met Bummie? Because I remember it very well. You were in the library, with your nose buried in a book. I stalked you for a pretty long time so I knew that you loved books.``

``Do you know of what you reminded me at that time?``

``Hm?`` Kibum looked with curiosity at his boyfriend.

``You reminded me of a library book, because I always wanted to check you out.`` Minho said with a bright smile that transformed fast into a smirk when he saw Kibum’s cheeks turning slightly pink.

Kibum pretty much detested those kinds of lines, but when he heard them from his Minho, he just couldn’t stop himself from loving them.

``And do you know how much I love your feline-eyes? I adore them, but I love mine more. Do you know why?``

Kibum was really hesitant. Should he ask why and regret it later when his face would be redder than a tomato or should he just tell Minho to stop with those cheesy lines. But he had the feeling that in the end everything will go Minho’s way.

``Why?`` he asked in a soft voice.

``Because without them, I won’t be able to see yours!``

``Oh god, Minho.`` Kibum palmed his burning cheeks and shook his head. Even if he still kinda hated it—Minho making him act like a teenage girl, he still wanted to hear Minho say more.

``One more and I promise that I’ll stop!``

And Kibum just nodded.

``Do you know why I want to take your clothes off?`` Minho asked with a silly grin.

``Minho!`` Kibum almost jumped from his seat as he quickly looked around them, checking if someone heard his stupid boyfriend. And unfortunately there was this old couple chuckling as they looked at them.

Damn it.

Kibum threw a glare at Minho who just laughed.

``You’re so cute Bummie.``

``Oh shut up, you stupid frog. Are you satisfied now that I’m all embarrassed and I feel like my face is in fire?``

``Nah, I’ll only be satisfied when I’ll hear you moan my name tonight.`` Minho winked and Kibum’s eyes almost popped out when he heard that couple giggling.

``I’m seriously going to stab you with this,`` Kibum warned as he took the knife from the table.

``Ah, my Bummie is so adorable,`` Minho said with a chuckle as he leaned forward and pinched his lover’s cheek who just pouted.

Kibum really loved his Minho.

 

Kibum found himself in the middle of a small bridge, still in the park. It took him some seconds to realize where he was heading. And he didn’t like it at all. He wasn’t sure if he could restrain himself from crying anymore.

 

After dinner, Kibum thought that they will go home, but it seemed like Minho had another plan. He suddenly went behind Kibum and wrapped a piece of material around his eyes.

``Yah, what are you doing?``

``Just wait and see, Bummie. I have a surprise for you,`` Minho responded. Kibum just sighed and shook his head at his boyfriend’s childish behavior. However, there was still a small smile on his lips, happy that Minho prepared a surprise for him.

Kibum really loved to feel special and Minho would always try and make him feel like that. Because he was special for him, after all.

But not anymore.

 

``Are we there yet?`` Minho lost the counting of how many times Kibum asked that, but as always he replied calmly,

``No, baby. Just a little more.``

After some more minutes of walking and some more of Kibum yelling at Minho because he didn’t was very careful on what they were stepping and Kibum stumbled over a stone and fell down on his . Minho kept apologizing as Kibum kept complaining about his pants getting wet because of the snow.

They finally stopped walking and Minho pulled off the material from his lover’s eyes.

Kibum gasped at the sight in front of him. He couldn’t believe his eyes. Did Minho really do that?

In front of him was a big, big snowman, white as an angel’s wings with lots of Christmas lights around him. But what made Kibum shed tears was the big heart on the snowman’s chest. And inside the heart was written his name, Kim Kibum.

``M-Minho…`` He was stuttering, his voice was leaving him as warm tears were rolling down his cold and pink cheeks. His heart felt like it was ready to explode and lots of butterflies were flying in his stomach. His hands trembled as he tried to stop a sob.

But he just ended crying harder when Minho back-hugged him, wrapping his arms around his slim waist and placed a kiss on Kibum’s pale skin, and another one and another one, marking his whole neck.

``I love you Bummie, and I always will.``

 

Lies.

Empty promises.

Everything he said was a lie.

Always is such a betraying word.

Kibum looked in front of him where just a year ago was that beautiful snowman. He was staying on the same spot from one year ago, on the spot he shed lots of tears and whispered to Minho the same sweet words he received.

``Liar.`` Kibum fell down on his knees as he looked shocked at his hands, filled with fresh tears. Without knowing, tears escaped his eyes, falling down on his frozen hands and on the cold ground.

He hugged himself, like he was trying to protect himself from getting hurt again.

Kibum still didn’t understand why Minho did that to him. Wasn’t he enough? Or maybe Minho just decided to have a girlfriend because being gay never made your life easy. Did the moments they spent together even mean something to him? Or was everything just a waste of time for him?

Did he even mean those 3 words, those oh-so-wonderful words, when he said them to him?

Kibum wouldn’t be shocked if everything was just a joke for Minho. After all, he was a liar, a cheater, a traitor.

But why did the memories of them together keep annoying him? Why can’t he forget him? It just brings him pain when he hears his name.

 

Kibum raised his head, with his lips slightly parted and breathing slowly he looked for the nth time at the sky. It started snowing.

Maybe, the little snowflakes could cover his misery and bring him happiness. The happiness he was craving for such a long time.

That’s what he thought when another drop of water rolled down his cheek. Maybe it was a tear or maybe it was a snowflake which has melted at the contact with Kibum’s milky skin. Or maybe it was both.

There was only one thing he wished for Christmas.

He wanted to see his lovely demon as fast possible and maybe he could smile again.

 

 

 

``Kibum?``

 

____________

Yeah,so short chapter. Sorry. I just don't have time and my cousin kept bothering me today T^T Dammit.

But I hope you guys enjoyed it...ah scratch that, I  cried while writing this. How the hell to enjoy this chappie when Bummie is crying D: I'm such a bad author.

But I said that this will be a pretty dramatic and angsty fic+lots of ,yeah...cuz that's what you s want. xD

So, this chappies was mainly about MinKey ._. but from the next one we can say HI to Jjongie.

Do you guys might know why Jjongie suddenly vanished?Lol.

Luv chu~

 

I adore this guy.