Stargazer

Stars of Truth (Hiatus)

 

Her first thoughts when she looked at him were that he was rather good-looking. It surprised her to have a classmate so good-looking.

 

Vix had stared around her other classes, but so far, no person could compare with the one that had caught her attention. His clear, smooth skin, dark, ruffled hair, smiling eyes, and perfect dancer's build he liked to show off...How was that at all comparable? He turned around to look at her and smiled. And oh, gosh, that smile. Although her expression was impassive, she melted on the inside.

 

Yukwon, her classmates called out to him. The two quickly looked away from each other and pretended as if their moment of eye contact hadn't happened.

 

It may as well have not.

 

The next time she saw Yukwon, he was walking past her up the stairs with two girls. Vix looked away and walked faster. The next time she saw him, he was sitting with another girl. The time after that, standing in a crowd of other girls. 

 

Immediately, her first impression of him was killed. He may have been good-looking, but a person with such confidence and popularity as him wasn't needed in Vix's quiet life.

 

So, Vix went back to staring at her class as a whole, and socialized with him only when the time called for it.

 

Vix was a usually very calm person. 

 

Until that day her friend let her intake too much sugar at lunch and she came into class a little too hyped. 

 

All the pressure she was holding back was let out in the form of laughter. Of course, the rest of the class had also taken a little too much sugar, so her excess laughing wasn't payed attention to too much. Except, perhaps, by Yukwon. Yukwon seemed to be doing something similar, and the two of them spent much of the period with each other, laughing and chatting. 

 

However, hyper or not, Vix still watched the class. And for the first time, she noticed something odd, and she was sure she was the only one who was able to see it.

 

There were those - few - moments where Yukwon stopped smiling. And instead of a smile, his facial expression was that of one in pain.

 

There was also that one moment Yukwon was abruptly snapped out of his smile-less stupor and laughed at something someone said. Vix, however, recognized the type of laugh he was laughing.

 

It was the laugh of someone under pressure - the laugh that makes one want to cry. 

 

It was the kind of laugh Vix laughed.

 

After that day, Vix continued to watch Yukwon. She watched for those moments of change. She watched, wanting to clarify what she'd seen. 

 

Vix watched and watched.

 

That was only the beginning.