Welcome to the beginning of nothing

My Favorite Nightmare

*kick~ kick~ kick~* The child behind me recklesly pounded his feet against the back of my seat. I wanted to turn around and scold the boy for annoying another passenger but I didn't....

I sat silently between two parental figures who seemed as walls closing me inside a jail for a crime I never commited. 

"HanYi-ah!" My mother on the right side of me got my attention, smiling. 

I looked her way noticing her pointing outside the small airplane window in amazement. "Look HanYi, it's the lights of Seoul~" She smiled greatly.

"It's so beautiful at night~ Don't you think HanYi?" She looked at me waiting for my positive reply.

I nodded and gave a convinsing grin which soon went away when she focused her attention to admiring the city once again.

I was stuck between to adults who say "It's for the best, HanYi... It's only because we love you~" but in truth, they just don't trust me enough to make my own decisions.

They dragged me on this plane to a foreign place called Seoul. Sure, it was beautiful... but to me, it was just a new place to be caged in and watched over by hawks.

My mother looks so happy to see Korea for the first time in ages and my father really doesn't seem to care about it. 

Then again, I don't care either. Why would I care about the place that's going to turn me into a lonely housewife who just cooks and cleans all day? Who on Earth would want that fate? Not me, no way.

This is a bad idea, universe. Sending me here, bad bad bad idea. You'll regret it. 

 

I folded my arms against my chest, scoffing at the idea of being married off so easily. I hated the idea. Hated it.

My father noticed my obnoxious actions and turned his head toward me. "HanYi." He spoke with a firm, scary voice. 

I glanced at the man for a slight moment. Yes, I just called him a man. Why? Because that is all he is to me, a strange old man. He hasn't acted like a father to me not once in all the years I have lived under his roof.

So therefor, I shall not think of him as a father.

"You better not mess around while we're here." He spoke to me warningly. 

I scoffed at his threat. 

Right, me? Not messing around? Psh. You can't control me, 'appa'.

Oh... wait... but that's what you're doing right now, way to be wrong again, HanYi.

I didn't reply to him.

"HanYi." He spoke again with that irritating tone of voice, trying to get my full attention.

"You heard me, no messing around. This is a business trip and I swear- I swear, if you screw this up, HanYi, there will be severe consequences." Oh ya? Like what?! I'm calling your bluff, old man. "You will behave for this young man and his family, you will not purposely mess anything up. Do you understand?" He spoke very clearly, a little too clearly. I'm not dumb, I get what he's saying. I just don't agree with it.

I am what you call a very independant woman. I hate being controlled and told what to do. I do what I want, when I want, and how I want. 

I am a 20 year old woman, there is no reason I should be controlled. 

 

I nodded to him, but still gave no voice opinion on this. Though, oh yes, I wanted to. I wanted to very much. I wanted to yell at him and tell him that he is making the biggest mistake of his life and he will never understand what it's like to have a real daughter if he keeps ruining her life...

but I didn't speak. And for one reason only, my umma. 

My umma was born and raised in Korea. Because of my father's work in Canada, she could never come back and visit. She loves this place dearly. 

This is where she had me before my appa had started his business when I turned the age of five (the age of when I was moved to Canada to start my perfect life~)

Ever since we moved away, she has always sulked about missing it here and wanting to go back but my appa always refused, telling her we didn't have the time for it. Really, he just didn't want to stop working for one week just to take her back here. Yes, he's a workaholic. 

But ever since he got an offer from a very prestigious company here in Seoul, he was all set to pack up a move here right away. 

 

Want to know what that offer was? Well, I'm sure you can guess.

Me.

I'm the offer pretty much... more like a trade actually. 

See, this company that called him up knows he has some intense business management skills and well, they need him. But they also know he would take the job at any risk, so they were going to take advantage of that. 

You see, they have a little problem of their own. A little scandal has arised in the company and they need a way to fix it. That's where I come in. 

I, HanYi, is their solution. Now what that solution is to? Not sure quite yet, heck I don't even know what the company is yet but I'm disagreeing with it 100%.

I will do my best to prevent my future being taken away from me. 

I'm not getting married, no way in hell. 

 

And that's where my master plan comes in as well.

After I get off this plane, I'm gone.

To run away is what my mastermind conjured up.

Sounds childish right? hah. You try having to be forced into an arranged marriage in the 21st century. It .

So therefor, once this done and over with, I will be on my own, controlling my own life once again. 

No more fake love for me. 

HanYi will be free~

 

I smirked at my idea.

I was getting ansty already at the thought of getting out of this place. 

Come on, come on! Land already! Land this thing already~!