Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria

 

 

~~~

He thought he would never saw that type of eyes for the rest of his life, but eventually he was wrong.

That time when Kyungsoo was running out of his home, his schoolbag dripping nonstop off his shoulder, he swore that moment changed his life forever. Catching his breath with his feet aiming toward the bus stop not far from the area, those eyes; filled with emptiness, emotionless were directly looking at him, reading him. Kyungsoo was so damn close to stop. His heart was so damn close to not give a beat and his foot was so damn close to turn and walk toward the eyes.

 

If and only if the bus did not wake him up with its honk.

~~~

Kyungsoo thought he saw the eyes again. Staring at him. Reading him. He gave a glance, right, left than right again. Nothing. He started to think he had becoming a paranoia, or he might be waking on the other side of the bed today;  as if all the negative charges had coming after him, but no, he woke up early, getting prepared early, only that his mother was late in making him a breakfast.  He let out a sigh, hoping the route toward his home was not that far. If and only if it was not that far.

The moment Kyungsoo stepped onto the front yard, he swore he could see a silhouette from the back of his shoulder; it was afternoon and basically that was the best time a silhouette can form. Thinking of nothing, he turned around only to find no one but the same vibes he felt earlier. That empty feelings, filled with nothing, trying to reach his hand, taking him in. Kyungsoo thought it might not be wrong to go inside, to walk toward it, to reach that hoping hand and see what was exactly behind that empty gaze.

 

He was stopped by a greeting from his mother, welcoming him home.

~~~

It was a weekend, and Kyungsoo was obviously had nothing to do except sprawling around on the living room pressing on the remote, going through all the channels they have and not forget to mention, he did that after finishing the laundry, cooking their lunch, tidying up his room and everything that involved cleaning and doing good deeds. He was Do Kyungsoo after all. Well, he stopped at one channel, at last, which the show on that time was a talent show; singing, dancing and everything music.

There was this sound, vocal not included, only the melodies and beats. For the first time, he thought the show had finally presented some high quality music; not to be mocking, only stating the truth but then he realized the beats did not match the dancer’s moves. As if something had taught him what to do, his fingers voluntarily pressed on the off button and the screen immediately went black.

 

The music, that currently playing music, simply got him on his feet, addicting him, calling the centre of his soul; his heart.  The interesting part was, Kyungsoo gave in toward the addiction.

 

His feet moved forward, his limbs had finally given in, surrendered to the beats that had owned him. Moving out, crossing the green pavement, he walked mindlessly to the imaginary world he did not even know. Only the beautiful sound he now heard, and the insane heartbeats he now felt.

 

He stopped in front of a dark shed. Someone’s house obviously. A normal house. Kyungsoo was not stopped because of a house, or because of the shed. It was the sound, the emotionless melodies, the addicting beats, the..

 

beautiful moves.

 

One, up, sharp,  going down, slowly, gracefully. Two, three and the moves kept on going. Breath-taking, flooding with emotion; furious, passion, lust, love. Kyungsoo’s mind had conquered with nothing but what he just saw, what he just heard. The melodies and the beats did not matter to him anymore. It was only that sound, the sound made by the moves, the clothes, the steps, the breathings..

 

the eyes.

 

If and only if, he did not realize about those eyes.

If and only if, he did not follow where his feet brought him to.

If and only if, his heart did not fall into the sounds; the melodies and the beats.

If and only if, he did not saw the flawless moves, that everything but empty moves.

If and only if, he was not standing right in front of that shed, freezing and staring with his own empty eyes.

 

If and only if.

 

This time, Kyungsoo let himself being taken in. He let himself been drowning into those empty eyes.  His heart was still beating like insane. His limbs were still giving up to what he felt but one thing was different. He finally knew who his heart belonged to. What his heart belonged to.

When the person came forward, looking at him, reading him with the same eyes, Kyungsoo did not budge.

And he saw the smirk.

He saw how the emotion inside those eyes changed.

He saw how those eyes did not become empty and emotionless.

He saw a hand reaching toward him.

 

“Nobody should heard that music.”

 

Kyungsoo did not know how the voice mesmerized him, and he did not know how to reply. So, he blinked. In confusion. He was Do Kyungsoo after all.

 

“We still have a long journey.”

 

The hand reached closer toward him.

 

“I’m Kai.”

 

Kyungsoo looked at the hand, and into those eyes.

He took it.

The hand. This time, he thought it was not wrong to walk into the imaginary world,

to take a step in and to know what was exactly behind those empty eyes. It was not wrong at all.

~~~

 

A.N I hope I didn't disappoint you :) Thanks again