Anniversary

Element Captor

 

WARNING. If you can't take too much comedy and fluff, I advise you do not read this chapter. xDD Just kidding.

 

Sungmin plopped down on his bed with a sigh. "Good job, kiddo!" Yesung said, flying above Sungmin's head. "Collected a whole new element today.... not bad!"

"What are the elements I have now?" Sungmin groaned. "I collected so many I've forgotten how many I even have!"

"Dusty, Woody, Watery, Firey, Misty, Dream, Fly, Sword, Bubbles, Twin, Illusion, Glow, Sleep," Yesung said, and realised that Sungmin was no longer listening to him- But fell asleep instead. "YAH!!!!!" Yesung yelled, hitting Sungmin.

"YAH!" Sungmin shouted at Yesung, before chasing him around the room.

 

 

 

"Sungminnie!" Sungmin heard a familiar voice shout from behind him.

He turned around to see Ryeowook running towards him. "Great job on the Christmas performance!" Ryeowook said happily. "I'm sorry that I was late though..." he pouted. Angel Beats! had performed during the Christmas Festival, at Seoul. They brought up a huge crowd, and Kibum, Siwon and Ryeowook had celebrated with Angel Beats!.

“SUNGMIN!!!” Sungmin heard another familiar voice. It was Kibum, running through the corridors, trying to catch up with Sungmin and Ryeowook.

It’s good that Kibum’s opened up to me now, but it’d be better if he stop fanboy-ing over Jungsu hyung…

Just then, Sungmin heard yet another familiar voice. “WHAT’S WILL ALL THESE FAMILIAR VO-. Oh, hi there, Siwon.”

Siwon nodded grimly, and dragged Kibum away from Sungmin and Ryeowook.

"YAH! What're you doing?!" Kibum yelled at Siwon, trying to get out of his iron grip.

"We're going to class. And stop fanboying over that lame drummer!" Siwon snorted, and disappeared with Kibum in the corridor.

Sungmin twitched. "Lame drummer?" he whispered.

"Calm down. Sungmin!" Ryeowook said, panicked.

"HAHAHA, LAME DRUMMER! HAHAHAHA! THAT SO FITS HIM!" Sungmin laughed, with tears coming out of his eyes.

Their laughter was interrupted by the school bell, they widened their eyes and looked at each other.

“Dammit,” Sungmin grabbed Ryeowook’s arm, “We’ve got to go, now!” They ran to their classroom.

 

 

 

The bell for lunch rang, and Mdm Lee walked out of the class after they greeted her goodbye.

"Sungminnie, wanna-" Ryeowook was cut off by the screaming and squealing of fangirls.

"Sungmin! You were so cool during the performance!"

"KYAAAA I CAN’T BELIEVE I'M IN THE SAME CLASS AS ONE OF THE ANGEL BEATS! MEMBERS!!!"

"Sungmin is definitely my bias now!!" fangirls all screamed.

Sungmin grinned sheepishly. "I'm not that good... Not compared to Donghae hyung..."

"Donghae oppa?"

"I think you're better than him, Sungmin!"

"Yah, don’t look down on my oppa!"

The fangirls started to fight. Sungmin grabbed Ryeowook's arm. "Let's get outta here... QUICK!" he shouted, and dashed out of the classroom with Ryeowook and his fangirling classmates in tow.

"I can’t believe Mrs. Kim scolded Doojoon for nothing!" Ryeowook complained, walking with Sungmin to the exit of the school.

"I know! No wonder everyone in the class hates her!" Sungmin agreed.

"Yo, Sungmin."

"Hyung!" Sungmin was shocked to see Kyuhyun, Jungsu and Heechul at his gate. Kyuhyun was wearing his usual gentle smile; Jungsu had his usual cheeky grin on. Only Heechul was wearing his cold ulterior.

Everyone around was staring at the five of them. Whispers could be heard, "Hey, it's Angel Beats!!" "Is that Angel Beats!?" "OH MY- Is that Kyuhyun!?"

"Why're you all here?" Sungmin asked, shocked.

"It's the Angel Beats! anniversary, silly!" Kyuhyun said, smiling brightly. "Our second one! Okay, sure, we didn't debut today, but we formed it on this very day," Kyuhyun offered. "We decided to celebrate it again with our two newest members! Come on, let's go!" he continued, grabbing Sungmin by the hand.

"What about Wookie?" Sungmin protested.

"Oh, never mind me, Sungminnie!" Ryeowook said cheerfully. "Go have fun. I'll see you tomorrow! Bye!" He said, and ran towards the limousine that was picking him up.

"And where's Henry?" Sungmin asked, running after his older 3 groupmates.

"He's with someone very special in the practice room- And I think you'll be very delighted to see him," Heechul said, glad that Ryeowook had finally left and wore his casual smile.

Heechul held his hand up and signaled everyone to quiet down before he opened the door slightly and peeped in.

"SURPRISE!" Henry and Donghae shouted through the door, causing Heechul to barge into the room, and yell jokingly at them. “YAH!” He shouted as he gave them a noogie each.

"Hey, what you all waiting for? Come in!" Heechul laughed.

Sungmin saw the boy; he had shoulder length hair and looked super hyper as he beamed at everyone entering the room. "Donghae hyung?" Sungmin asked in surprise.

"MINMIN!" Donghae shouted and pounced on Sungmin.

Sungmin was being squished, with Donghae rubbing his cheek against Sungmin's.

"Doonghaee hyungg!" Sungmin tried to say, but words were distorted due to Donghae rubbing his cheeks. "Stopppppp!" he said finally, pulling himself out of Donghae's grasp.

Donghae pouted. "Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!" he whined.

".. Donghae hyung, you're a graduate right?"

"Yep!"

"...Doesn’t seem like it..." Sungmin muttered to himself.

"Humph." Donghae puffed his cheeks and went to crouch in a corner, hugging his knees.

"WAH! CAKE!" Both Henry and Donghae jumped and rushed to Kyuhyun, they hugged him then snatched the cake away.

"Aish, well, they are brothers for a reason..." Sungmin whispered to himself.

"What did you say?" Kyuhyun asked, with his gentle smile, offering Sungmin a cake.

Sungmin looked up, and saw that Kyuhyun's face was just a few centimeters away from his face. He blushed and took the cake. "N-nothing... that needs to be concerned about."

"Kyaaaaaa!! MINMIN! YOU LOOK SO ADORABLE BLUSHING!!! YOUR FACE IS ALL RED!!" Donghae said, rubbing his cheeks against Sungmin's again. "Hyung!!" Sungmin whined, and Kyuhyun walked away with his fond smile.

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun slowly walking towards Heechul, he frowned at Donghae, "YAH HYUNG!!!"

"Yeah yeah?" Donghae said happily, prancing around Sungmin.

Sungmin looked at his super hyper hyung, and facepalmed. "You know what- Never mind." Sungmin walked towards the table in the practice room and started eating his cake.

"Oh yeah, Donghae hyung, why're you /still here/?" Henry asked, cheeks bulging from the cake that was in them.

"... Why are you just asking this NOW?!" Heechul said irritably. "And don’t speak with your mouth full!"

"Eheheh..." Henry laughed sheepishly after swallowing the cake in his mouth. "I didn’t bother to ask."

Everyone sitting around the table groaned and buried their faces in their arms except Henry who looked around blankly and Donghae who was laughing so hard that he fell off his chair.

“Hey everyone!” Jungsu yelled, "We can’t let this anniversary go to waste!! Let's celebrate by-" Jungsu was interrupted by a knock at the door.

(A/N by the cast: WRITERS. STOP INTERRUPTING US.)

"Who's there?" Jungsu shouted.

"Kibum and Siwon!"          

"EHHHH?! KIBUM?!" Sungmin shrieked and fell off his chair.

Jungsu grinned. "Welcome, my number one fan! And Siwon."

"Hey! Don’t single me out!" Siwon protested.

"Heh heh sorry sorry. Just kidding. Heechul, he's your fan."

It was Heechul's turn to fall off his chair. "Wha- my fan?" he said, pleased.

Siwon's face literally lit up, and pranced to Heechul happily.

Donghae grinned. "Yah, since we're all here together, what about we play a song?"

"Three guitarists?" Sungmin said, surprised. "And wait, did you even bring a guitar?!"

"Erm...." Donghae stared blankly at the floor and started scratching his head.

"Don’t worry, already got it covered!" Kyuhyun said, taking out an electrical guitar.

Donghae gasped. "GITAAAAAAA!"

“Gi- Gita?” Sungmin echoed.

Kyuhyun laughed, “Donghae named his first ever guitar, ‘Gita’.” He was almost out of breath from laughing too much. “Then not long after, he got a Mustang and named it ‘Muttan’.”

Whoah, this guy is like, 5 years older than me but it just doesn’t seem like it....

Sungmin shook his head, well, Kyuhyun's not like that.. He unknowingly started to smile to himself.

As soon as he awoke from his daydream, he found Kyuhyun staring at him.

"Erm, is there a problem, Kyuhyun hyung?" Sungmin said, his face turning red.

Kyuhyun snapped out of his daze. "Oh, nothing, nothing, " he said, staring at his cake.

"Oh, my dear Kyuhyun and Sungmin! You boys are turning a delightful shade of red!" Heechul said, jokingly in a divine voice. Everyone in the room burst into laughter, including Kibum and Siwon.

“GUYS!” Both Sungmin and Kyuhyun shouted in unison. They looked at each other and whispered in unison, “Just let us die now…”

 

After 2 tea breaks and countless teasing…

"So, Donghae, you haven’t told Henry why you're here," Heechul said, teasing Henry at the same time.

"Oh, yeah," Donghae said, while eating with his mouth full ("You guys are really brothers huh..." Heechul muttered"). "Obviously because it's Angel Beats! 2nd anniversary!" Donghae said, then swallowed, looking around triumphly.

Everyone stared at him in shock, except Henry who didn't seem to understand the badness of skipping school. "You.... skipped school?" Heechul said, a dangerous look coming into his face.

"Hide." Sungmin heard Jungsu whisper to him. Sungmin nodded, and ran to the table where Kyuhyun was hiding.

"YOU SKIPPED SCHOOL?!" Heechul yelled before pelting plates at Donghae...

 

 

 

"Ehem." Heechul said, when all the Angel Beats! members were seated, including Siwon and Kibum. "Sorry about that."

Donghae was looking at Heechul with trembling lips, with a look that threatened to start crying again.

"Look. I know I was harsh, but you seriously shouldn't skip school." Heechul sighed.

"But it's my band's anniversary!" Donghae protested, tears forming in his eyes again.

"DONGHAE. STOP CRYINGGGGG~!" Sungmin whined, not wanting him to start crying again after calming him down for half an hour.

Donghae stared at Sungmin, and wiped his tears.

"That's better.." Sungmin patted Donghae on the back while comforting him.

Donghae gave Sungmin a weak smile, and everyone sighed in relief. Then Donghae brightened up. "Let's play a song!" he said, clapping his hands together.

"Great idea!" Kyuhyun joined in, standing up.

"Wait, but our instruments-"

"Already got them," Kyuhyun said with a smile, interrupting Sungmin and Heechul.

"Must be good to have money..." Sungmin and Heechul muttered at the same time, while Kyuhyun looked at them with a confused look.

"What is it?" He smiled gently at Sungmin, making him almost topple back.

"O-oh, nothing! We s-said nothing."

Kyuhyun grinned, and took Sungmin's guitar and handed it to him. "Here's your guitar," he said smiling happily.

"Thanks hyung," Sungmin said, taking his guitar.

Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin, a gentle look in his eyes. "Erm... Hyung?" Sungmin said, and Kyuhyun seemed to snap out of his daze.

"Oh, there's no need to call me hyung," Kyuhyun said, blushing madly, backing away from Sungmin. "Just Kyuhyun would do."

Is... Is he telling me to not use honorifics with him...?

"O-oh .. Alright.. K- Kyuhyun..." Sungmin said, blushing as well.

It felt so weird calling him just Kyuhyun... He thought to himself.

"Yah you two!" Heechul shouted from his place as the bassist. "Stop staring into each other's eyes, would ya?" he said, grinning as the rest of the members giggled.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin immediately stood upright and brushed their shirts. The rest of them giggled and quickly looked away.

"Ehem." Sungmin cleared his throat, standing in between Donghae and Henry. "What song are we going to play?" he asked.

"Ooh ooh ooh me me me me mee!!!" Donghae said excitedly.

Sungmin face palmed. "Yes... Donghae hyung?" He asked.

"I composed another song!" He grinned, and ran to his bag. "AHH GITA!" He yelled as Gita banged into the table in the studio. Everyone groaned, and face palmed.

"GITA! GITA! YOU ALRIGHT?" Donghae panicked, "You sure? Alright then..."

"Can he really understand what it's saying..." Sungmin muttered, and Kyuhyun over heard him.

"Some people believe they can speak to their instruments," Kyuhyun said smiling. "I for one, can speak to my keyboard. Right, Key?" he grinned.

".... I.. Can talk to my drums.. Sometimes." Jungsu said, before turning to face the other side of the room, blushing.

"Elizabeth..." Heechul said lovingly to his bass, while Henry didnt say anything but hugged his guitar.

Sungmin widened his eyes and looked at his guitar, with its beautiful gradient from black to brown.

Come to think about it Sungmin thought to himself. I have a name for Stella, but not one for my guitar.

Once that thought came to his mind, only one name was in his brain. "Grace," he said smiling gently at his guitar.

"Here it is!" Donghae said, showing everyone the sheets of music in his hands.

"Gimme'! Gimme'!" Henry jumped up and down but Jungsu grabbed it first and held it high up in the air, "Nah-uh! I should be the first!"

The three of them were arguing when Kyuhyun took a deep breath and grabbed the sheets from Jungsu.

"Look, it's clear that Donghae wrote a sheet music for each of our instruments," Kyuhyun said angrily.

The three of them quieted down and sighed, "Yeah..."

"I suggest that we take the sheet for our instruments and work together. Henry, you work with me and Sungmin. Donghae, help Jungsu and Heechul." Kyuhyun said.

Donghae nodded, uncharacteristically serious.

"Kyuhyun hy- I mean, Kyuhyun, why is Donghae hyung so serious?" Sungmin whispered to Kyuhyun.

"He is really serious when it comes to music," Kyuhyun whispered back. "He learnt how to play the keyboard, drums and bass after joining our band just to help us with our instruments. He also learnt composing, and when it's anything to do about music, he'll have a 360 degree change in attitude."

 

 

 

"Okay is everyone done?" Donghae said, with a smile on his face. Everyone nodded wearily, and they started playing the song slowly at first.

Kyuhyun played the first few chords on the keyboard. “1, 2, 3, 4!” They all shouted in unison, as Jungsu on the drums started playing the drums.

“I don’t know why, but without snow, the Christmas Season just won’t start.” Henry sang happily.

“Every year we wait to see it! Like little kids with our hearts fluttering~” Donghae sang, joy evident in his voice.

“Forecast say it’ll snow, but I don’t know how many times they’ve been wrong.” Jungsu faked a frown as he sang his line.

“People from all over the world have hoped all year to see the white snow during Christmas!” Sungmin grinned.

Yes, it’s Kyuhyun’s part…

“I don’t know what I’ll do if it doesn’t fall, I’ve been so impatient!” He turned and smiled at Sungmin. “Sky, be good and let that blessing come down!”

They all sang the chorus together, “Look out of the window, the snow is falling. The white snow we’ve been waiting for has come~! The white snow that will cover the world in white has come~!”

Just a song that would fit Angel Beats! Sungmin thought happily as he strummed the chords. The perfect song.