From the Girlfriend of Tiffany Hwang

From the Girlfriend of Tiffany Hwang

 

Hello there! For those who know me, I’m Jessica. For those who think they kind of know me, I’m Tiffany’s girlfriend. And for those who do not know me at all, I’m Jessica Jung, the girlfriend of the one and only sweetest girl in the universe, Tiffany Hwang.

 

Anyways, Tiffany and I officially fell in love exactly a year ago. And in order to celebrate our first anniversary in the most memorable way, my lovely girlfriend told me to blog my absolute favorite moment that I had spent with her. Now, this is a very hard thing to do, choosing my most favorite date I mean, because all the moments that I spent with her over the past month are precious as they have made us into the perfect (don’t even try to deny it) couple that we are today. But if I really had to choose one, I think it would be our first date, the one that made me fall chocolate over strawberries for Tiffany.

 

Our date started off at exactly 6:45 in the evening, after Tiffany had tidied up and closed down her little pink candy store. She safely put her keys into a compartment of her glossy pink handbag and, facing me with a beautiful happy eye-smile, linked her arm through mine.

 

“Let’s go, Jessi,” We walked along the cobblestoned pavement under the bright streetlights and headed towards the little cozy café located down the block, huddling together to fight off the cold February winds.

 

Rushing quickly, almost speed walking, we arrived at our destination in no time. As soon as we entered the café, a warm, calming aroma of coffee engulfed us.

 

“Hello, ladies! What hot drink would you like to warm you up?” A short woman with a cute yellow frilly apron and a name tag that said ‘Sunny’ greeted us.

 

“A caramel coffee please,” Tiffany returned Sunny’s energetic smile amicably.

 

“And you, miss?” The bright girl asked me.

 

“Espresso.” My answer, one-worded and completely different attitude from my girlfriend’s, didn’t seem to faze her.

 

“Coming right up!” Sunny chirped as she handed the order to another short woman. “Please wait at the counter over there.”

 

I paid for our coffees and walked away with Tiffany.

 

“A caramel coffee and an espresso!” The other woman, who was called Taeyeon, handed us our hot drinks shortly.

 

“Thank you,” Tiffany and I said together.

 

Taking the cups in our cold hands, we chose to sit at a table near the window. We looked around, looked outside, looked at each other, and made small conversation while the warmth of the café and the coffee replaced the coldness that the wind outside has placed into our bones.

 

“Hey, Tiff?”

 

“Yeah?” She looked up from her coffee when I called her name.

 

“What’s a caramel coffee?”

 

“It’s my favorite drink,” She handed me her half-filled cup and motioned for me to take it. “Try it?”

 

I took it willingly and took a small sip, eager to know her taste.

 

“Gahh, it’s too sweet!” I exclaimed with a grimace.

 

Tiffany giggled at my surprised reaction, “I like sweet things.”

 

“I noticed,” My smile turned into a cheeky grin, “But I’m not sweet.”

 

“You’re a lot sweeter than you think.”

 

“People say we are so sweet together,” I frowned again as I listened to the uncomfortable sound of the s word coming out of my own mouth.

 

“Oh, we will be,” Tiffany eye-smiled at me happily, “Isn’t that great? We’ll be the sweetest couple in the world.”

 

I just smiled back at her, but in my mind, I was hesitating; I didn’t want to be the sweetest couple in the world, in fact, I don’t even want us to be sweet together. I just wanted us to be in love with each other.

 

Anyways, after a few minutes of staring lovingly into each other’s eyes, Tiffany broke into a big yawn. She quickly covered her wide-open mouth and glanced at me embarrassedly.

 

I looked at my watch, “It’s getting late. Are you tired?”

 

“But I want to spend more time with you,” She replied with a little whine, a cute pout, and slightly frowning eyebrows.

 

“I’ll walk you home, slowly,” I stood up, taking her left hand in my right and led her out.

 

The cold wind attacked us again as soon as we were out of the door. This chill was stronger now that the night was darker. We walked along, holding hands. Everything was quiet, calm, and fine at first. But Tiffany suddenly stopped in mid-step and let out a loud sneeze. Her nose was turning red from the cold and her fingers felt as cold as ice when I held her hand again. Noticing that Tiffany was beginning to shiver, I took off my top coat and draped it over her shoulders.

 

“What about you? You’ll get cold,” She tried shrugging off my coat but I held it in place.

 

“I’m used to the cold…” I really didn’t mind walking in this low temperature; my wool sweater was enough, but then I saw Tiffany’s concerned eyes. “… and you can keep me warm.”

 

Tiffany stumbled into my arms when I tugged on our entwined hands forcefully. A pink blush tinted her milky white cheeks as I wrapped my arm around her waist and held her by my side, feeling warmed up by her body heat and the fact that she was standing so close. We continued to slowly stroll down the busy street, hip to hip, shoulder to shoulder, just enjoying each other’s company with giddy smiles on our faces. Everyone who saw us could easily tell that we were in love, but I couldn’t care less about the judging looks that they give us as long as I was with you. As I had promised back in the café, I made sure we walked very slowly, occasionally stopping to look at the little shiny knickknacks on the tables of the street vendors. But time seemed to fly by, as it always does when we are having fun, and the next thing we knew, we were already standing in front of the gate of Tiffany’s house.

 

I took an extra step forward and turned around to face her.

 

“So…” I unwillingly started our goodbyes, breaking the comfortable silence.

 

“I had a nice time, Jessi,” Tiffany told me out of courtesy and sincerely.

 

“I did too,” I smiled at her, “Let’s do this again soon.”

 

Tiffany nodded enthusiastically in agreement but then trailed off at the goodbye, “Then…”

 

She was hesitating to say that three-lettered, one-syllabled word just as I was.

 

“So…” I repeated, meeting her steady gaze.

 

Suddenly a white falling flake attracted our attention as it fell onto Tiffany’s cute pink nose.

 

“Hey!” She exclaimed, looking up at the sky. “It’s snowing!”

 

“The first snow of the year!” I grinned back, equally excited to be sharing such a moment with her.

 

We just stood there again, staring at each other, while the snow continued falling silently all around us. The excitement in our hearts slowly died down, leaving behind a gently warm tingly feeling of contentment and joy.

 

“Then goodbye,” Tiffany finally completed her unfinished sentence from before. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

“Yes.”

 

She handed my jacket back to me. As our fingers brushed during the exchange, I took the chance to hold her hand again.

 

“Good night,” I told her and gave her hand a last squeeze before letting her go.

 

Tiffany nodded and turned around to walk towards her gate. One step. Two steps. Three steps.

 

“Tiffany?”

 

“Yes?” She turned back around, her hand remaining on the handle of the gate.

 

I walked towards her slowly. One step. Two steps. Three steps. And then I kissed her.

 

It wasn’t our first kiss, yet it was. She wrapped her arms around my neck as my hands returned to their positions on her waist. She was warm, unlike the cold snowflakes falling into our heads. My lips on hers. She tasted like coffee, caramel coffee. Sweet.

 

And at that moment, I realized that I actually don’t hate sweetness. I decided that I could get used to it (and I did eventually; caramel coffee is now our favorite drink). I couldn’t hate sweetness. Because I love Tiffany Hwang.

 

 

“Jessi, what are you doing?” Tiffany asked the woman typing away on her laptop as she joined her on their big baby pink bed.

 

“Blogging,” Jessica gave her undivided attention to her girlfriend, giving her a quick welcoming kiss.

 

“What did you write?” Tiffany’s eyes twinkled excitedly as she tried to see what was on the screen.

 

“About our first date,” Jessica leaned back against the headboard, admiring her sweetest love as she read her blog.

 

“Our first love story,” Tiffany randomly commented with a content smile. After a few minutes, she faced Jessica with narrowed eyes upon reaching the end.

 

“That was sweet. But do you still not think that we are the sweetest couple in the world?”

 

“Uhhh…” Jessica did not know whether to answer truthfully or not since she was still unsure of that fact.

 

“Do you mean that I’m not sweet?” Tiffany questioned again in a saccharin voice with a pout.

 

“No, no,” Jessica immediately denied, not wanting to anger her girlfriend. “I mean, I’m not sweet you know…”

 

“No Jessi, you’re wrong,” Tiffany leaned forward and lifted the latter’s chin with her forefinger. “To me you’re sweeter than all the sweets in the world combined.”

 

Jessica immediately flushed pink and diverted her eyes back to the laptop screen at the compliment, feeling shy all of a sudden.

 

“Oh! That reminds me! I need to go order more Jessipops*!” Tiffany suddenly backed away with wide eyes, rushing off the bed and out of the bedroom to the phone in the living room.

 

Jessica let out a sigh when the woman’s pink Totoro slippers disappeared from view. She pulled her laptop back onto her lap and began to type with a happy grin again.

 

Edit: I take back what I said about not wanting to be the sweetest couple in the world. Tiffany and I are the sweetest couple.

 

P.S.: Tiff, I know that you’re going to be reading this again… so there is something I want to tell you. It’s that… my sweet pink princess, I love you.

 

-- From the girlfriend of Tiffany Hwang (Jessica Jung)

 

 

 

*Jessipops are the rose-shaped lollipops that Tiffany used in her act with Jessica in the previous story.