Ch. [04]

Never Too Late

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                     

Day 3.

 

It was Sunday afternoon, Kyuhyun had promised to go but Hyukjae was now more worried for Henry, that was lying on his bed with high fever. “I want ice cream…,” Henry mumbled and Hyukjae chuckled, kissing his son’s forehead.

 

“I’ll get you one tomorrow when you get better, ok?” Hyukjae asked gently and Henry grinned, closing his eyes because he was tired.

 

“I don’t regret swimming with the penguins though…,” Henry mumbled sleepy and Hyukjae laughed.

 

“Even if neurons die it’s ok, because you have a lot already,” Hyukjae joked and Henry giggled, cuddling with a stuffed animal he had by his side and that Kyuhyun had bought for him.

 

It wasn’t long for the small boy to sleep soundly, making Hyukjae sigh worried but calm. He knew what to do and he also knew Henry would be fine.

 

Hyukjae went out of Henry’s room to review some papers about the kindergarten. He wasn’t the owner but he was the responsible because the original one resigned and Hyukjae was given the responsibility temporally.

 

The door bell rang and Hyukjae’s heart skipped a beat. He grinned nervously and felt his cheeks getting redder as he stood up and walked to the door, opening it slowly and revealing a handsome young man in front of him, smiling gently. “Hey Hyuk,” Kyuhyun grinned and Hyukjae smiled at him.

 

“Hello Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae greeted and stood aside, letting Kyuhyun in. “I’m sorry but Henry got sick from swimming with the penguins yesterday…,” he sighed and Kyuhyun looked around, letting out a heavy sigh. A sigh that let Hyukjae know he was disappointed and he wasn’t sure why he was so hurt at such simple act.

 

Kyuhyun smiled after a few seconds. “We should take care of him then!” he exclaimed, going towards Hyukjae and taking his hand to drag him to the kitchen.

 

Hyukjae gasped and laughed gently, following Kyuhyun. “Why the kitchen? Henry is in his room,” he said confused and blushing lightly because Kyuhyun was still holding his hand.

 

“Well, I know he’s fine because you would have called me if it was dangerous,” Kyuhyun said looking around and then landing his eyes on Hyukjae. “Right?”

 

Hyukjae smiled and nodded. “Of course,” he answered and Kyuhyun smiled contented.

 

“Yes, he’s my only son and I love him, you need to tell me everything,” Kyuhyun said and finally let go of Hyukjae’s hand, going through the stalls to find something Hyukjae didn’t know about. “Well, I know he’s fine so let’s just cook for him, where the is the soup?” He asked getting frustrated.

 

Hyukjae laughed and shook his head. “He already ate,” he said and Kyuhyun sighed, almost pouting and making Hyukjae blush softly. “Are you hungry though? I can cook for you.”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head. “No, it’s fine, I wanted to do something for him now that he’s sick…,” he mumbled. “I’ve been waiting for him to be like this to take care of him for years…”

 

Hyukjae’s eyes softened and reached for Kyuhyun’s cheek, caressing it gently. “You always take care for him Kyuhyun, even when he’s not sick,” he said and he smiled gently when Kyuhyun’s eyes locked on his.

 

“I was never here when he was sick…,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae chuckled.

 

“Well, I guess he’ll be hungry when waking up, come on,” Hyukjae cheered, turning Kyuhyun around and pushing him towards the counter. “Let’s make some lasagna, he loves it.”

 

Kyuhyun grinned widely and looked at how Hyukjae started taking out the ingredients.

 

Henry woke up when he heard noises outside his room and he pouted, grabbing his stuffed animal and sliding it on the floor with him as he walked out of the room and went to the source of noise.

 

He couldn’t help but grin widely and contented when he saw his parents laughing with each other. Kyuhyun’s face was covered in red sauce while Hyukjae’s had crazy drawings with it. He giggled and hid behind a wall, feeling better just hearing their laugh again.

 

“Ahh… I never heard it before…,” Henry mumbled and closed his eyes, because he just remembered it, that he had never heard those laughs together and he smiled. It sounds perfect…

 

That night Henry decided to sleep on the hall, hugging his stuffed animal with a soft smile on his lips because his lullaby was the most beautiful melody that he had ever heard. All for himself.

 

“What is he doing here?” Kyuhyun asked raising an eyebrow and looking down at Henry that was all over the floor, arms and legs spread widely.

 

Hyukjae chuckled. “You never know with him,” he said and leaned down to carry Henry up.

 

“Let me,” Kyuhyun said gently, holding Hyukjae’s wrist careful and pulling him back as he leaned down and carried Henry up, walking towards his room. “I don’t think he has fever anymore,” he commented as he fixed the small kid on the bed.

 

Hyukjae grinned and went to check on Henry’s condition. “Still, I’ll call Minho so he’ll be careful with him tomorrow at class,” he mumbled and Kyuhyun pursed his lips tightly.

 

“Minho?” Kyuhyun asked rather annoyed. It was his son. “Why calling him?”

 

“He’s the tutor of his class,” Hyukjae answered confused. “Is there something wrong Kyuhyun?”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and looked at Henry, kissing his forehead before standing up. “I’ll leave now. I have a recording tomorrow morning.”

 

Hyukjae sighed deeply and faked a wide smile. “It was fun today,” he said sincerely. “Even when we couldn’t get the lasagna right.”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “It’s been a while since I last heard you laugh,” he confessed. “I kinda missed it.”

 

Hyukjae blushed deeply and looked away. “S-See you soon, Kyuhyun…,” he said shyly and Kyuhyun smiled.

 

“Shouldn’t you accompany me to the door?” Kyuhyun joked and Hyukjae chuckled.

 

Hyukjae smiled gently. “Why would I when this is your house?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled weakly and looked at Hyukjae. “It’s yours,” he said lowly and the smile that was on Hyukjae’s lips was replaced by a bitter one.

 

Hyukjae turned around and walked out of the room, Kyuhyun following him until the door. “Have a nice night, Kyuhyun,” he said looking down and Kyuhyun felt his heart squeezing.

 

“Hyuk-”

 

“Let’s talk about this some other day, not now, I don’t want to talk about it now…,” Hyukjae mumbled with a broken voice.

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae intently, how his shoulders were trembling slightly and how his fist was so tight that it was turning white. “Good night, Hyuk,” my love, my everything, Kyuhyun said and turned around, going out from the house and sighing deeply as he reached his car.

 

“Hyuk, my love, my everything,” it has been years since he last say those words, it came to his mind every time he called the other. “…,” He sighed deeply and hit his head against his steering wheel. “I shouldn’t have agreed to this,” he mumbled and looked towards the house. That house that brought so many memories.

 

“Maybe just a little more,” Kyuhyun smiled and started the car, driving to his apartment because either way, he knew he would come back the next day after his recordings.

                     

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                     

“Kyu~,” Kyuhyun heard the voice as soon as he walked into his apartment and he smiled gently.

 

“Victoria,” Kyuhyun called, walking towards the girl and hugging her waist gently.

 

Victoria grinned. “Did you finish working already?”

 

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow. “I told you I was going to be with Henry and Hyukjae,” he said confused and Victoria gasped, nodding after in understanding.

 

“You did? I didn’t know, why?” Victoria asked blinking cutely and Kyuhyun smiled gently, pecking her lips.

 

“Just because,” Kyuhyun said, tired of explaining it to her. “I’ll get a shower and let’s sleep, ok?”

 

“But Kyuhyun, shouldn’t we go out and have dinner or something?” Victoria asked with a wide grin and Kyuhyun sighed deeply.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m really tired,” Kyuhyun said and walked to the bathroom, groaning in frustration because even when he didn’t want to admit it. He knew he was comparing Victoria to Hyukjae in that very moment.

                     

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

                     

Day 4.

 

“Daddy!” Henry ran to hug Kyuhyun.

 

It was Monday’s afternoon, Henry and Hyukjae just got home and Henry was doing his homework while Hyukjae reviewed the last class ones. The latter turned up and smiled gently as he saw Kyuhyun entering their house and Henry running to jump like a koala to the taller’s body.

 

“Kyuhyun! What a nice surprise!” Hyukjae exclaimed happily, standing up and walking towards them.

 

“It’s not a surprise when you knew I would come,” Kyuhyun said hugging Henry tightly in his embrace and smiling playfully at Hyukjae in front of him.

 

“I thought you would, I didn’t know it would be real,” Hyukjae defended himself and Kyuhyun laughed, nodding lightly and entering the house to sit down in the couch with Henry still hugging his torso. “I’ll bring you guys some snacks,” Hyukjae laughed, looking at how Henry was determined on not letting go of his father.

 

“Thanks Hyuk,” Kyuhyun said, poking idly Henry’s sides with his fingers and laughing at how the small boy whined about it.

 

Hyukjae could only smile. He liked to see how they interacted just after a few seconds after seeing themselves.

 

After a few minutes, Hyukjae could only sigh, leaving the lemonades on the small table in the middle of the living room. He turned around to stop Henry and Kyuhyun from ‘fighting’ against each other on the carpeted floor behind one of the couches.

 

“Kyuhyun, Henry, calm down, you’ll hurt yourselves,” Hyukjae said calmly, sighing when it didn’t change anything.

 

“HOW CAN YOU FIGHT AGAINST YOUR OWN SON?!” Henry yelled as Kyuhyun held him down the floor. “You’re a really horrible parent!”

 

“Sorry Henry, but this is a competition and you know I like winning~,” Kyuhyun said laughing loudly, holding Henry’s forehead against the floor.

 

“Ok guys! calm down or I won’t give you food!” Hyukjae exclaimed and it was almost instantly how the two of the stood up and sat on the couch as if they were good kids.

 

Hyukjae could only sigh and shake his head, holding back a laugh.

 

“You will never change, no doubt you’re father and son,” Hyukjae sighed and gave each one of them a glass with lemonade, fixing all kind of snacks in the small table.

 

“Daddy, how long will you stay?” Henry asked drinking from his lemonade slowly, looking up at him from the couch.

 

Kyuhyun smiled. “How long do you want me to stay?”

 

“I wish you could stay forever but I know is impossible because you’re old so just stay until I fall asleep,” Henry said with a playful smile.

 

Kyuhyun pursed his lips. “You get quite annoying Henry, I won’t let you read anymore.”

 

“You can’t say I’m annoying when I got it from you dad, it’s on the genes, mommy is not like that,” Henry said grinning widely. “At least, of course, that you’re not my real father.”

 

“Henry!” Hyukjae called blushing madly. “You guys stop it and eat, we’ll watch a movie!” He exclaimed and stuck in between them, turning the TV on and selecting a movie. Animated because even when Henry was a genius, he was still a kid.

 

The movie was starting and Henry suddenly became quiet, paying his full attention to the movie.

 

Hyukjae gasped silently and blushed furiously when he felt a hand sliding around his waist and an arm pulling him against a firm chest. He bit his lower lip and tried to hide his smile as he rested his body against Kyuhyun’s.

 

He looked up and smiled gently when he saw Kyuhyun smiling down at him and kissing his temple.

 

It had been so long since the last time they had been like that, that Hyukjae, neither Kyuhyun, knew they missed it so much.

 

That night it was the hardest to leave, because Kyuhyun didn’t want to stop hugging Hyukjae gently, he didn’t want to stop feeling Hyukjae’s slight weight leaning against him. He didn’t want to also take Henry away from their laps because he fell asleep like that. But still, Hyukjae offered him a soft smile and told him it was fine.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t want to admit either, that he simply didn’t want to leave.

                     

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•




                        

A/N: Fic requested by leehyosonn.

Hope you all enjoy!

I love youuuu! ♥

AND HAPPY KYUHYUK'S DAY!