Pizza love!

Yes, that was the part we...

 


"I'll see you later, Hyemi!" Kai waved from a distance, yelling your name across the corridor with a smile plastered on his face.
 
People stared at the two of you. Half of them were envying the relationship the two of you had while the other half tried to contain their squeals of excitement seeing the two of you interact. You made a face at him, trying to irk him. Instead of irking him, he chuckled and shook his head. Your heart fluttered as you heard his melodic laughter. You loved his laughter, it was simply music to your ears.
 
"I'll see you later, Kai!" you finally laughed before waving back.
 
You turned around and walked into the class with tight grip on your bag strap. It that you had to come back to school during the holidays for extra lessons. However, it was worth it since you went to school with Kai. You smiled giddily at the thought of him.
 
You were in a trance, still thinking of Kai. *I'm so lucky to have him as my best friend* you thought to yourself. *The sad thing is that he sees me as only his best friend* you sighed before placing your books on the table and taking your seat.
 
For the whole lesson, your eyes were on the clock on the wall. You were excellent at multi-tasking; listening to the seemingly never-ending lecture of your teacher as you counted the time left until the end of class. When the bell rang, you mentally did a cheer before packing your things. Oh boy, you were excited to meet him. 
 
 
"Kai! I thought you said we'll be going for lunch," you whined grumpily on the phone.
 
"I know I know but there's this thing I gotta do-" 
 
"Fine. Forget it... I'll go home and have lunch alone," you muttered before hanging up.
 
Before he could say anything else that could possibly calm you down, you hung up on him. You felt bad but you were mad that Kai left you stranded and alone, waiting for him outside school. *The least he could do was to leave me a text to keep me from waiting* you thought in annoyance. You frowned and pulled your bag strap as you walked home. 
 
You reached home sadly and went into the house without greeting your brother who was watching some soap drama on tv. Your parents were away again. After washing up in the evening, you lied on bed lazily as you stared at the ceiling. *Kai you babo...* Before you could curse him even more, you heard a thud on your balcony window. 
 
You looked out of the window and saw Kai throwing pebbles at your window. You knew Kai was afraid of your brother. You hid a laugh because  you wanted Kai to think that you were mad with him. He gave you an apologetic look and signaled you to come down.
 
You shook your head and stuck out your tongue. 
Then you texted him, 'Your fault for ditching me, loser!'
 
 He read the message and his shoulders slumped as he looked up and frowned after replying you, 'What can I do for pretty my best friend to come down?'
 
Your heart ached a little when you saw the word 'best friend' but you smiled when he called you pretty.
 
You laughed and thought for a while. *AHAA!* you smirked and texted back.
'Buing buing for me' 
 
His eyes widened upon reading the text. He hated doing that more than anything. According to him, it was like tossing away his manly-side. Nevertheless, you wanted him to do so. He looked up at stared at you. You stared back, waiting. Then, he sighed and covered his face. You waited for it.
 
He place his hand to his cheek and shyly covered his eyes. 'BUING BUING~' he mouthed as he looked at you.
 
You laughed whole-heatedly and nodded. Then there was a knock on your door. Quickly, you jumped on the bed.
 
"What were you laughing about? When did you come back? I thought our house was possessed by laughing ghosts," your brother yawned.
 
Before you could answer, you received a text from Kai. 'YAH AFTER MY 'BUING BUING, you left me hanging? How mean can you be?'
 
You giggled a little at the text making your brother stared at you weirdly. You kept your phone away from your brother and shooed him away from your room. Then replying Kai's text, 'Gimme a sec, will be down soon!'
 
 
"What were you busy with that you had to ditch me after school?" you asked irritatedly as you your ice cream.
 
"Some stuff. I had to meet someone. I'm planning to ask someone to be my girlfriend afterwards.. So yeah," he spoke normally as though it didn't mean anything.
 
"Ah, you mean Sunmi?" you mentioned the girl he told you about a few weeks ago. 
 
Kai didn't answer but to you silent meant consent. 
 
"So.. When are you confessing?" you asked before the silence got awkward. 
 
"Tonight," he whispered loud enough for you to hear.
 
Your heart ached. *He likes someone... No hope for me* Then, Kai eyed you and leaned towards your face. You leaned back while keeping a straight face so as to hide your heart that was beating too fast. Then he chuckled and wiped the ice-cream off your nose.
 
"Our hyemi is so kid-like..." he chuckled.
You rolled your eyes as you continued eating your ice-cream. He glanced at his watch and his eyes widened. 
 
"Oh no, we're late!" Kai gasped before pulling you along as he ran.
 
You tossed your unfinished ice-cream aside as Kai continued pulling you until the both of you arrived at the park. You ran along with him and panted hard when you two stopped running. There, he smiled as he saw almost all of his friends lazing by a lawn.
 
"Where's Baekhyun?" Kai frowned.
 
"He went to get the pizza?" Chanyeol rubbed his neck.
 
Kai shook his head and sighed then made you sit on a bench and gave you a warm smile. 
 
"Aw really nice, Kai. You're gonna make your friends and ME witness you confess to your first love? How thoughtful," you blew your fringe from your face.
 
"Yeah, you're my best friend. You're suppose to know how I roll and witness the best part of my life," he winked.
 
"Yeah, let's see if getting rejected is the best part of your life," you mumbled under your breath, thinking he couldn't hear you when he did which only made him grin and shook his head again.
 
It felt like hours, waiting for the girl to appear.
 
"Yah, kkamjong," you muttered irritatedly. "I thought you said she's coming... It's so late now. She's really bad. I don't approve of this," you grumbled as though it's a joke but deep inside you meant what you said. 
 
Suddenly, you saw Baekhyun running with three pizza boxes in his hands.
 
"I'm sorry guys! The delivery guy got lost," he laughed lamely.
 
"Where's the girl?" you asked.
 
Everyone ignored your question.
 
"Alright! Let's eat!" D.O exclaimed fakely. 
 
You stared blankly at them as you saw the guys sat on the grass in a circle as they start devouring the pizza. *What about the girl?* you raised an eyebrow.
 
"Oh whatever," you joined them and sat next to Kai.
 
But when you reached out of pizza, Kai hit your hand and you flinched away.
 
"No, you don't get a share of this, yours is that box," he pointed to another pizza box.
 
"What? Why?" you frowned.
 
"Because we'll get girl cooties," Sehun blankly said as he munched on the pizza making all the guys laugh, including Kai.
 
"That was mean!" you scoffed and stood as you walked away.
 
Kai jumped up from his place and caught your wrist. You glared into his eyes.
 
"Why are you touching me? You might get girl cooties," you yelled.
 
"Nah, I'm affected with it since I'm always around you," he said mischievously as he pulled you towards a bench far away from the guys. 
 
"Stay here. Don't move! I'll be right back!" he ran in the direction where you two had come from.
 
Kai came back with a box of pizza which looked unopened, which was yours. You scoffed.
 
"I thought you were gonna bring the girl here so you can confess in front of me. Guess the guys scared her off?" you said curtly.
 
"Yeah they kinda did," he rubbed his nape. 
 
He placed the pizza box on your lap. 
 
"Disappointed?" you asked sadly.
 
"Why would I be?" he laughed.
 
"That girl didn't turn up.. Shouldn't you be sad or something? You look like a insensitive jerk, ya know?" you hit his arm.
 
"Yah, that hurts. Don't hit me!" Kai whined.
 
You rolled your eyes. You knew it didn't hurt and that Kai was overreacting. So, you hit his arm again and looked away.
 
Suddenly, he pulled your chin towards his face then leaned towards your face again making you lean back even with his gentle grip on you chin.
Thank god it was quite dark, that meant he couldn't see your face turn red. He chuckled as he saw your eyes grow big. 
 
"Try hitting my arm again," 
 
You shook your head quickly, making him lean back, smirking making you irk. 
 
"Not hungry?" he chuckled.
 
"Lost my appetite..." you muttered
 
"Come on, try one," he nudged your ribs making you break into a smile. 
 
"Fine..." you sighed before opening the box.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"JUNG HYE MI, WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND? " were written on the pizza with MnM chocolates.
 
You stared at the pizza which has now turned cold lying in a box on your lap. Tears welled up in your eyes as you stared at the pizza.
 
Kai started to panic. He didn't expect you to cry. Did he do something over the boundary? Did you think it was a joke?
 
"I swear I had it all worked out, but the guys messed it up by being guys and the girl cooties. We were supposed to eat pizza and you'd be surprise and hug me and say yes and-" he got cut off when he saw you looking at him intently with tears in your eyes.
 
"Are you okay?" he asked.
 
"You're... You're a really dumb guy," you sobbed.
"What?" he stunned.
 
You laughed a little as you looked down at the pizza, smiling as you did so.
 
"I'll be your..." you looked away with your face beet red. 
 
"Girlfriend?" Kai had his usual cocky smile and mischievous smirk.
 
You nodded, still looking away. You felt Kai turn your head to face him by your chin gently as he stared into your eyes. You melted as you felt his eyes gazing at yours so lovingly. It was as though his prayers had been answered.
 
"Is this the part where we..-" your question got cut off by his lips.
 
Your heart raced a mile as your eyes were wide open. Your face was as red as tomato. You felt his lips leave yours. He chuckled as he caressed your cheek.
 
"Yes, hyemi. That was the part we kiss," he amusedly said.
 
 
THANK YOU~ This is my 3rd one shot! It's okay if you don't subscribe or anything *sobs* but do leave a comment!
 
Love,
deanny <3