The Day You Met Me

Gang Fights, Complicated Love and Pointless ing! (HIATUS)

*FLASHBACK*

L.Joe POV

"OKAY! EVERYBODY GET INTO PARTNERS FOR THIS EXPERIMENT!"

Everybody got up and started rambling through the classroom like wild beasts, grabbing random people's arms in desperation for a partner.

 I looked around and noone bothered to catch my gaze, I suppose since noone wanted to pair with me. Like normal, I was ignored by the rest, treated like dust and looked  upon as a stranger. That's normal, for me.

As God's words say, aren't you suppose to welcome strangers? I guess nobody here has any   common sense.

Instead of confronting the people that look down on me, I think it. At least in my mind I won't get beaten up or cursed at.

I looked around and saw that everyone was in a pair already, I decided to actually look for a partner this time, instead of sitting at the back of the classroom waiting for the teacher that pays no attention to me.

  I walked up to a medium sized girl with light brown hair and an unreasonable high skirt. Well, it's better than most girls in this mediocore school.

I tapped her shoulder, she turned around and threw daggers at me with her chinky eyes. As usual, the first reaction I get from people are nasty, 'what the hell' glares. 

There was no point in me even trying.

"Uh. . . Do you have a partner yet?"

I tried to use a tone that wasn't my usual, deep, unfriendly voice.

One of the reasons why so many people avoid me.

"Look, I might be new, but I have enough common sense to avoid someone a big a loser as you."

She sniggered and shoved me as she walked past me with a 'get away from me nerd' attitude.

It seems like noone in this world changes, they're all the same.

Okay, partner. . .

Hmm. . .I hope the Teacher dosen't mind me partnering with her again. Even though, this is probably the 6th time, I doubt she would even care.

As I approached her and neared her desk, she looked up at me and sorrowfully shook her head.

I know what she's thinking. The thing that techers always think.

"Why does this kid never bother to socialize?"

I do, but, they don't.

She stood up and held my shoulder.

"L.Joe ah, for once I've found you a partner, so make sure you don't make her hate you too. . ."

Her? Since she's a she, she would probably hate me more.

It's the females that usually resent me more. I shyly nodded at her and followed her to the front of the classroom, where a short, petite girl with lengthy, black hair stepped in. Her skirt was 12 inches above her knees and had stylish glasses upon her face. Not nerdy, not weird not nothing. 

She was like the girl in my nightmare that followed me into the shadows of a dark ally. . .It had always stopped there and had never continued. I think wierd, so don't judge.

"L.Joe, ~~~~~, ~~~~~, L.Joe, have a blast!" The teacher sarcastically said and walked away.

The petite girl looked up to me with her gray-greenish orbs, for some reaseon I blushed - she was looking into my eyes.

"Hi I'm ~~~~~!" she said in a bubbly tone.

She was the first person who introduced herself to me... It feels good to be accepted, or she just dosen't know who I am yet. 

She must be new.

"Ummm... Aren't you going to introduce yourself? Hello?"  she looked at me with worried and confused look.

I blushed a bit at the sudden girls' response.

"Ummm... It's nothing.. Anyways lets get on with the consevation of mass and the oxidation practical." I said gladly. She nodded and went to get the science equipments.

She came back with the equipment and we set it up.

"You need to help me with this, It's a mystery how I got into set 1 in Science." She scratched the back of her neck and looked down on the floor.

I gulped.

No one has ever asked me for help, I quickly nodded and showed her how to do it. 

"You're really good at this!"

"M-Me? Uh, thanks."

15 minutes later me and ~~~~~ were the only ones doing the practical.

Others were in their own worlds - 30% of the class were making out! Ewww, my eyes, THEY'RE BURNING! 20% playing the football paper thingy game and 50% were drawing on some sleeping dude's face.

I turned back to ~~~~~ and our practical.

She lightly nugged my stomach with her milky white elbow. I nodded and went back to my seat near the back. I pulled the chair out and sat down quickly.

I can't believe that she actually talked to me. It feels good to have that feeling again - It felt like we were best buddies. I think I made a new friend... Hopefully. She reminds me of her...the girl who I resent up until now. And yes, I did have a life, I haven't been a geeky outcast all my life. 

The next thing I knew, I felt a light tap on my right shoulder then I zapped back to reality.

"Hey, class is over, you can go out now."

She's talking to me again? She must really not know me.

It's weird to me, because I only open my mouth when answering questions in class.

"I usually stay here to study and for extra credit, I'm sure you would want to go with your friends  by now, since it's lunch." I pushed my thick glasses up onto my nose and continued to write down the equation.

"Well...my friends are running a little late, soo...I was hoping if you could show me around! You don't have too...since I already kinda know you...then..." I was shocked at her sudden offer, I didn't know how to respond and my heart beated at a faster pace.

I said the first thing that came into my mind.

"S-sure I can give you a tour around the school, that is I-if  you want."

"Really?! Thanks friend! I can call you that right?"

"Friend?"  I blinked.

"Yeah! Your the first person I've talked too today! I'll introduce you to my friends later on..if they actually decide to come." 

Noone talks to a pretty girl like her?! She looks popular.

I stared at her some more and didn't realize I was staring at her until she waved her soft delicate hand in front of my face. 

"What are you thinking about?" she wondered. 

Just when I was about to tell her why doesn't she have any friends, the bell rang for lunch.     

------------------

 The students rampaged through the hall like a herd of fat elephants.

Me and ~~~~~  were the last ones to get out of class. 

 "Do students here always rush out like this?"  Her face looked like a monkey who didn't know how to peel a banana.

"Yeah... It's always like this.. You'll get used to it.." 

To be honest, it's like this because it's American treat day. Hotdogs, burgers, icecream etc. That Were being served. We were heading to the canteen.

-------

On the way there, I kinda toured her around the the campus.

I showed her the art department, the technology block, history rooms, maths departments, english corridor etc.

Along the way people were whispering and gossiping amongst themeselves, probably because the new girl 's walking with me. She didn't seem to notice, I wonder what she'll do after she hears about me.

After 23mins of walking around we walked where the canteen was.

Her eyes BULGED out of her eye sockets.

"So...This it!

I spread my arms as wide as I can. 

"Its tiny...I know."  

 I casually spoke with a cool tone.  

~~~~~ made an :O face .

"It's tiny?!"

She practiclly screamed in my left ear. 

"It's fricking enourmous!!!"

She screamed once more.

I told her to calm down.

We headded for the entrance.        

Nearly everyone was lined up for the burger/hotdogs/pizza.

"So... What do you want to eat?" She stared at the food unconsiously biting her lip like it was the hardest decision in the world.  I laughed at her cuteness. Never before have I seen a girl with a cuter smile than her

  ~~~~~ POV

Hmmmm. . . What should I choose? Ottoke?!

 I usually make a pretty weird looking face when I'm deciding something.

He sniggered. I mentally palm faced myself. Damn! I bet, I looked like a total spack! I mean who does that? Oh I know! me... What a great first impression ~~~~~....

"Here."

He handed me a tray and old me to place any food I want on it.

"Thanks!"

I grabbed a hotdog and continued talking to him. He seemed like a nice guy, as he was walking and showing me around the school I heard people gossiping about him. 

I have to say he would probably look a lot better if he wore contacts and maybe styled his hair a little, but he looked fine to me.

I continued grabbing the yummy foods off of the counter and began to stare at them in awe. I picked a good day to transfer schools!

Speaking of which, where is that boy? He was suppose to meet me here! 

I looked back at. . . . at . . . .OMO!

I never did catch his name! I lightly tapped his shoulder and he looked up with a suprised look. The closer I am to his face I can really start to realize that he's  quite handsome. I leaned in closer to examine it more precisely but he quickly backed away.

"Uh, anyway. . . enjoy your lunch." 

He started walking away taking his tray with him.

The way he walked made him look like a geek. Hehe, a cute geek. 

"Wait!" I called and started running towards him.

"Aren't you going to sit with me?" 

"M-Me?"

"Yeah, you! Who else?"

"Umm. . . Him?" He pointed behind me,

I turned around and saw Changjo. 

"Hey, ~~~~~"

"HEY?! HOW COME YOU DIDN'T MEET ME!? I WAS STARTING TO THINK YOU ABONDONED ME! YOU NEED TO BE ON TIME MORE!"

"Woah. Calm down Im here now aren't I?"

He sniggered.

"I see you've met a. . ."

He looked behind me.

"Friend."

"Yeah! This is umm. . ."

"L.Joe." L.Joe corrected. 

"I'll leave you with your friend."

He started to walk away again in that geeky manner of his.

He dosen't take a hint dose he?

"C'mon.

You can sit with us. Kangmi's getting impatient."

I glanced back at the table that she was sitting on and  saw that she threw a banana peel in an elders soup. . . Looks like a teacher. 

*Lowers head in shame*

"TEACH YOU TO GIVE ME A ING F!"

"YOUNG LADY HOW DARE YOU!"

I ignored her usual behaviour and glanced at L.Joe who was sitting on a table on his own studying.

 Changjo grabbed my arm and started dragging me to the table where all my dongsaengs were and a rather looking pissed Kangmi, an Ice cream eating Yurae and an eating machine Tae- Tae.

"Wait, I'll be there in a minute."

He shrugged and went up to break the fight between Kangmi and the balding old man.

I escaped from his grasp and started running to L.Joe again. L.Joe, that's a cool name! He sat on a table near the bins while eating and studying at the same time. I can tell why he's in set 1. I neared his table and sat down next to him, he looked up and I flashed him a smile. 

"~~~~~. . . why are you here again?"

"Why? Don't you want me here?"

I pretended to be sad and pouted.

"No! It's not that it's just that it's not really a good idea to hang arou-"

"Its okay. Why don't you sit next to us? And leave the studying for later. It's time for eating! No wonder you're so scrawny! C'mon!"

"W-well- WOAH!"

I pulled his arm and lead him to our table where Changjo, Tae-Tae, Kangmi, and Yurae were sat. L.Joe tried to back away but I pulled him back and made him sit next to me.

"Who's this turd?"

Tae- Tae scowled examining him from head to toe.

"HYOTAE!" I screamed.

"Fine, who's this nerd?"

"Tae, he's not a nerd OR a turd okay? He's my friend the one that showed me around school, instead of some people that were suppose too."

Tae glanced at L.Joe and gave him her signature scary look. He winced and she laughed and returned into eating.

"Ignore her, she's always like this."

"Umm, o-okay."

I took a bite out of my hotdog and chewed it in happiness. Ahh, calories why do you have to be so yummy?

"Unnie, why the heck is he STILL sitting here? Why can't he sit in that table near the dustbin at the back?"

"KANGMI!"

"Well, it just looked like he belongs there."

Instead of Changjo helping me scold my dongsaengs he just sat there enjoying the show, not bothering to do anything. I must look like a total ahjumma. TT-TT

I stepped on his foot which caused his ketchup full hotdog to land on his lap.

KEKEKEKEKEKE!

I tried to keep my laughter in by making my face look like a pufferfish.

"YAH! KANGMI?! WHY DID YOU DO THAT FOR?"

"WHAT THE FRICK DID I DO?!"

"N-nothing, go back into eating your chicken!"

"YOU! YURAE! YOU DID THIS RIGHT?!"

"H-Huh? What did I do oppa?"

"YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!"

"HEY! DON'T DRAG HER INTO THIS!" Tae defended.

"LOOK WHAT YOU THREE DID TO MY ONLY SCHOOL PANTS!"

"WE DIDNT DO ANYTHING! YOU LITTLE-"

Just when Tae was about to punch Changjo, Yurae grabbed her hand in time. Kangmi was there ignoring the whole thing and kept eating.  See what I have to go through? I have to live with these girls! Correction, BEASTS. 

"Maybe I should just go and study-"  L.Joe attempted to run off and study. NOT THIS TIME.

"NO. YOUR STAYING. OKAY CAHNGJO THEY DID NOTHING WRONG! YURAE, KANGMI NOR TAE TAE HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING! IT WAS ME KAY? AND STAND UP AGAIN L.JOE AND I SWEAR I'LL MAKE YOU SIT HERE THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!"

"Neee, umma~" The three thought of it as nothing, Changjo went to wipe the ketchup off his pants and L.Joe quickly returned to eating.

"Okay, now everything's quiet and peaceful, let's just get on and introduce ourselves to our new friend. So-"

*BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!*

"Thats the bell, c'mon you two it's time for class."

Tae dragged the other two out of the door and waved goodbye.

"B-but I d-didn't even get to eat!!!"

"I should get going to my next class, ~~~~~."

"Wow. . ."

"What?"

"That's like the first time you didn't stutter!

You sound SOOO MUCH better if you talk properly L.Joe!"

L.Joe POV

I blushed, harder than last time.

"I'll see you again, right?" "Huh? Yeah, sure." She walked away with a heartwarming smile and waved goodbye.

"WAIT FOR ME AT THE GATES AND WE'LL WALK TOGETHER KAY?" She ran to her next class, leaving me suprised at her offer. 

Is she for real?  Her friends didn't seem to mind me at all either, well except those two high tempered girls.

I walked to my next class smiling to myself.

So I did make a new friend.

As I walked to my next class with Miss Kim, people were walking past ~~~~~, eyeing her and then whispering into the other persons ear. Is really that bad for me to have at least one friend? 

Sigh, I guess so. . .

I walked into Miss Kim and changed into my P.E kit for dance.

"OKAY! We will be learning a new dance by BIGBANG! Are you excited boys? And for the girls, you will be learning 2NE1! Now, should we get started?"

"NE!"

Everyone followed Miss Kim's dance steps in awe at her amazing skills. For her age she almost seemed like a professional.

 I was in a group for the boys learning Daesung's part.

You might not believe it but I have a thing for dancing, of course I don't dance good in school, who knows how they'll tease me when they find out. Probably point and laugh, the usual thing they'll do.

"Great job guys!"

  --------

The lesson flashed by and I changed into my uniform and walked out of school longing to go home.

"HEY L.JERK! NICE DANCING IN THERE! YOU WERE SOOOOO GOOD!"

A group of boys were chanting my nickname behind me, mocking and laughing. Great. That's just what I tried to stay out of. I ignored them and paced myself to get out of this wretched school quicker. 

I was finally out of the gates and started walking normally to my house.

"HEY! YAH! YAAAAH! L.JOE! YOU SAID YOU'LL WAIT FOR ME!"

I turned around to see ~~~~~ running towards me panting and struggling for breath.

Cute. She finally caught up to me and collapsed on the floor, probably because she had to run up the high hill to catch up to me.

"Sorry ~~~~~, I-I forgot that I would meet you at the gates."

"Forgot? Or you just don't want to walk up with me? She said inbetween breaths.

"No! It's just-"

"Well, it dosen't matter because Im already here."

I shyly nodded my head and looked up to look at her face once in a while. It was an awkward walk home but I was happy.

"So. . . tell me about yourself L.Joe."

"M-me?" "YES YOU! Who else would I be talking to?"

"Uhh, ok. Well. . .my names L.Joe and I'm sixteen."

"I know that silly, I mean something I don't know about you. Since were friends I might as well know something about you."

Why is she asking me all these things?

"Well, I dance, only a bit though."

I cupped my mouth in suprise at what I said. I didn't mean too! It just slipped out! 

"You dance? You have to show me some time! I'm totally crap at dancing."

Sh-show her? I didn't think anybody would ask me to do that. I thought by now that she'd be running to her friends laughing at the hilarious joke she just pulled.

"Well, this is it. I'll see you tommorow right? We'll continue this conversation later." She smiled and started walking away from me.

"Yeah, bye ~~~~~."

"Bye L.Joe~"

With that she walked inside a big apartment and waved back to me one last time before going in. I could faintly see three mysterious figures running up to her and hugging her. I ignored it and walked to my house smiling and grinning to myself like a fool.

Maybe I can finally forget about her.

Maybe I've met a new friend.

Maybe tommorow is going to be a good day.

*FLASHBACK END*

The day you met me.

Was the best day of my life.

Thanks again, ~~~~~.    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Minnie Pancakes and kekeIfated