AU High School Version 3/3

The Reason Why Sunggyu Bullies Sungjong

It was only when they were out on the empty hallway and did Daehyun go the other way did Sungjong pulled his hand away from Sunggyu stopping them both.

“What the hell hyung?!”  Sungjong cried obviously irritated. “Why the hell did you do that?!”

“I didn’t do anything,” Sunggyu defended himself. “Actually I think I just saved you from awkwardly breaking a guy’s heart.”

“Whoever said I was gonna break it!” Sungjong cried. “For all you know I might have accepted his confession!”

“You can’t be serious Jongie,” Sunggyu laughed as if someone told him a bad joke. “You didn’t seriously consider dating that guy?”

“And why can’t I?” Sungjong countered. “Daehyun seems like a great guy and I’m not really seeing anyone right now so why can’t I?!”

“You just can’t okay!” Sunggyu replied obviously frustrated. “Stop asking questions!”

“I won’t stop until you give me a good enough reason Sunggyu!” Sungjong said with irritation as he didn’t even use honorifics. “If you think about it this isn’t the first time you told me to not date someone, why are you so against me dating?”

“Do you really want to know?”

“Yes!” Sungjong said. “I’d want to know the reason as to why you want me to be a bitter with 5 cats and a bird for the rest of my life-”

Sungjong’s rant was suddenly cut off by Sunggyu’s lips atop his. Sungjong’s whole body was frozen except his heart that was beating against his chest really hard that he thinks Sunggyu can hear it right now. He could feel Sunggyu’s lips press more against his before he finally pulled away to look him in the eyes.

“There’s your reason,” Sunggyu whispered before turning back and walking away leaving a stunned Sungjong at the empty hallway.

 

It took Sungjong a few minutes to finally feel his legs again and as soon as he started walking did he started to run outside the school with the intent of barging into Sunggyu’s house and demand an explanation. But of course he needs to bump into Daehyun first.

“Sungjong-sshi,” Daehyun smiled and Sungjong just remembered that this boy just confessed to him a while ago.

“Daehyun-sshi,” Sungjong huffed as he slowed down his pace.

“Are you going home alone all of a sudden?” Daehyun asked as he looked around him probably looking for Sunggyu. “I could walk you home if you want.”

“It’s fine,” Sungjong smiled a bit. “You don’t need to do that.”

“Are you sure?” Daehyun said a bit worriedly. “It’s getting dark right now.”

“I’ll be fine,” Sungjong smiled and then he bit his lip for he was about to say something. “Daehyun-sshi.”

“Hmm?”

“I’m sorry,” Sungjong bowed. “It seems like I can’t accept your feelings, I’m really sorry.”

“I kinda figured that,” Daehyun smiled weakly.

“You seem like a really great guy but I don’t think I like you that way,” Sungjong explained. “I’m really sorry, I hope we can still be friends?”

“Being friends sounds nice,” Daehyun smiled but it still wasn’t full. “I’m gonna join the Music club anyways so I guess we really need to be friends.”

“Thank you for understanding and I’m glad you’re still auditioning Daehyun,” Sungjong smiled. “Now if you’ll excuse me I need to go home.”

“Bye then,” Daehyun replied as Sungjong walked away but then the busan boy decided to ask something. “Sungjongie.”

“Hmm?” Sungjong said as he turned around.

“Is it that Sunggyu guy?”

“Maybe,” Sungjong replied honestly. “I’m just about to find out to be honest.”

“Good luck then,” laughed Daehyun as Sungjong smiled back at him before rushing towards Sunggyu’s house.

 

Being neighbors menas that Sungjong has been to Sunggyu’s house before but this is the first time that the walk from the gate towards the door seems so long and nerve wrecking, his hands were clearly shaking when he knocked on the door. After a few minutes and more louder knock no one still came out and Sungjong was about to think that no one was actually home if he didn’t notice SUnggyu’s school shoes outside the porch.

“Kim Sunggyu if you do not open this door I will break it down!!” Sungjong threatened but even he doubt that threat. “You do not just kiss people out of the blue and expect to get away with it! Now open this door for I demand an explanation!”

After a few seconds did the door swing open to reveal a down looking Sunggyu still in his uniform.

“Why’d you do it?” Sungjong asked. “Why did you kiss me?”

“Isn’t the reason obvious?” Sunggyu said obviously avoiding answering directly.

“Yes,” Sungjong agreed. “The reason is obvious but I want to hear it from your own mouth, why did you kiss me?”

“It’s because I like you okay,” Sunggyu finally admitted and he feels like a heavy load is now off his shoulder but a new one is replacing them. “I like you ever since I found out what liking someone is.”

All the way up to this point in their conversation Sungjong knew what he would say or do but now that Sunggyu just confessed to him he’s a bit lost on what he should say or do next. He’s pretty sure that he likes Sunggyu too but he’s not sure up to what extent that like is.

“I’ll take you silence as a no,” Sunggyu said obviously crestfallen. “You should get together with that Daehyun guy. He lloks like someone who’ll take care of you more than me anyways.”

“I turned him down,” Sungjong finally managed to say stopping Sunggyu in his tracks. “Just a while ago when I was coming here.”

“Why?”

“Your stupid kiss got me confused!” Sungjong cried. “It made my heart beat really fast and maybeIkindalikedyourkiss!”

“What?” Sunggyu said with a small smile at how adorable Sungjong looked being all flustered like that. “Does this mean you like me too?”

“I like you too yes, but…” Sungjong trailed of a bit making Sunggyu’s hope fall too. “I don’t really know up to what extent my like for you is. But it’s way beyond a friend’s level.”

“Then,” Sunggyu started as he held Sungjong’s hand. “I’ll help you know up to what extent that like is. Go out with me Lee Sungjong.”

“Give me a reason as to why I should date you,” smirked Sungjong cause although he was asking this he’d still date his hyung anyway.

“This,” Sunggyu whispered as he closed the gap between them and kissed the younger’s lips the second time that day but this time Sungjong kissed back making Sunggyu smile before he pulled away and let their foreheads and noses touch. “And I promise not to bully you anymore if you date me.”

“Really?!” Sungjong said a bit too happily.

“Well,” Sunggyu mused as he hugged the other boy’s waist. “Maybe I’ll just tone it down a little.”

This then made Sungjong pout but another kiss from Sunggyu instantly turned that into a smile.

 


 

this version is done ^^ watch out for the next version to this~

and i chose Daehyun of B.A.P as the guy to confess to Sungjong cause their both '93 liners ^^