Love Tutoring

Love Tutoring

It wasn't what Nakamaru Yuichi imagined when he first offered his help to his best friend. He thought it would be a bother and that his friend would have to pay him back big time. But now he can see that he won't need anything in return. He got everything he could've asked for.

Tanaka Koki wasn't your usual freshman. His uniform was twice his size, his hair changed each month and his reputation wasn't the best either. So it was no wonder that the teacher suggested him immediately when Yuichi offered to tutor any freshman that had problems. Yuichi, of course, had known that; it had been planned after all.

What he had known as well was that Tanaka wouldn't be happy about the tutoring. You see, Yuichi had a pretty good knowledge of human nature. When he first met Ueda Tatsuya he had known that the younger would be difficult to get along with. He knew which teacher he would like and which not by one glimpse. Hell, he even knew what coffee a person liked when he knew him at least a bit.

So his plan had worked and his first lesson with Tanaka was over. He had expected the nagging, the whining, certainly the offending and the constant looks at his watch. What he most certainly hadn't expected was the smile as the boy hurried off. Or his heartbeat that was still racing while he stared at the spot where Tanaka just stood. He let out a quick laugh.

Shaking his head Yuichi pushed himself off the table he was leaning on and, grabbing his bag left the room as well. "Snap out of it, buddy." He mumbled to himself making his way to the school's entrance. He was supposed to meet up with Ueda there.

---

"Maru, couldn't you hold him up just a little bit longer?" The younger boy whined when they met up.

Yuichi sighed. "Nope, he wouldn't even listen to me…"

"Well, I guess if I were you I would be too annoyed to even look at him, so I understand you." Mumbling, Ueda slumped his shoulders as they started walking.

The older smirked. "He's not that bad, actually." He stopped after a few steps realizing Ueda wasn't following him anymore. "What?"

"Not bad? The Tanaka Koki who beat up 100 men is not bad?" he asked, unsure if they were still talking about the same person. "The Tanaka Koki who is constantly getting on my nerves and is interrupting my time with Junno is NOT bad?" he was almost yelling by the last part.

"Woah, relax. It's not like the rumor about him taking on 100 guys is true." Yuichi stared at his friend sceptically. Ueda was usually a really quiet guy, he must be really fond of this Taguchi boy. "Besides," he started again, smiling this time. "don't you think it's good that I kinda like him?"

The younger raised his eyebrows. "Why's that?"

Maru smirked. "Because, I can distract him from Taguchi, meaning more time for you with your… new friend." He clarified.

Ueda looked awestruck. "You would do that for me?" he asked, but then looked wary. "And you won't want anything in return?"

"Nope." The elder's smirk softened when he remembered the smile he received a few minutes ago. "Cause, I'll be definitely getting something in return already."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Nothing, nothing. Just leave Tanaka to me."

---

"No way!" Yuichi rolled his eyes and looked pleadingly into the direction of Ueda's boy. The tall guy smiled apologetically at him and made a few signs in Tanaka's direction. "I said, no way!" The dark haired – apparently he dyed his almost orange blond hair, black over the weekend - boy snapped and accompanied it with a few signs of his own. Taguchi glared at him, pointing at Yuichi and making another sign. Tanaka opened his mouth but Ueda's boy pointed a finger at him accusingly, making him sigh. "Damn. Fine, fine whatever. But wait for me." He said, accompanying his words with the foreign signs. After Taguchi smiled and walked off he turned to Yuichi, glaring. "Lead the way, oh great sensei." He sneered.

Yuichi just laughed at him and pointed to the classroom over his shoulder. "By the way, what did he say to you?" he asked curiously.

Tanaka grumbled something that sounded like "None of your business." and slumped into a chair.

For like the fifth time, Maru rolled his eyes in the boy's company. "You know, you should learn to respect your senpais. You are really rude." He remarked, taking a chair and turning it around to face the younger.

Tanaka sighed exaggerated and looked up at him. "I'm sorry, sen-pai." He scoffed. "He told me that you are nice enough to offer your help and kindly reminded me that I would be an idiot if I didn't accept because I have bad marks. Satisfied?"

Yuichi only grinned at him. "You really should have an attitude tutor. You could use one." Without waiting for a snappy answer he pointed at an exercise. "Try this and tell me if you need any help." He could hear a low growl and chuckled. Yes, odd enough, he really liked the younger boy. His fast beating heart was the proof.

---

After about half an hour, Yuichi stood up to get a book he brought to school. He really liked books and often hid in some corner at lunch time to read a few pages. Ueda was a good friend in this aspect. He often just sat next to him with some music magazine or sometimes with a book of his own. Tanaka looked up briefly, a look of disgust directed at the book. Chuckling Yuichi sat back down, popping his feet up on the next chair.

Another ten minutes and 30 pages later, the younger boy snapped. "I don't understand, I don't understand, I don't understand!" he yelled and slammed his head onto the desk.

Wincing slightly at the painful sight, Yuichi sighed. "I told you to ask me if you didn't understand something." He huffed, sitting up to look at the problem Tanaka was currently working on.

"If it wasn't for Junno I wouldn't even be here right now." His glare darkened when he saw the smile on his senpai's face. "And stop smiling already. Why do you even want to tutor me so much? I bet there are a bunch of other idiots who would love to accept the help of the 'oh so great senpai', so why bothering me?!"

Maru laughed softly and looked up into Tanaka's eyes. He chose not to point out that Tanaka just insulted himself. "I thought that was rather obvious." He leaned in close, their noses almost touching. "I like you." He smiled sweetly.

Turning an alarming shade of red, Tanaka shifted back almost falling off his chair. "Huh?!"

Yuichi just pointed back at the page, seemingly turning serious again. "The problem isn't that hard. Just look how I do it and try the next one alone." In the inside he was smirking.

"What the hell is wrong with that guy?" He heard the mumbled words of Tanaka but grinned when he saw that the younger watched how he solved the problem. He almost clapped happily when he noticed that Tanaka solved the remaining exercises without any problem.

But he still had to find out what feelings the younger had for Taguchi-kun.

---

Slowly, Tanaka started to get more serious about the tutoring and focused. By the fifth time, he was actually really nice to Yuichi. He started to ask him general questions, talked about his own interests and they started to get to know each other. Maru of course was happy that he didn't have to force him anymore. It was much easier to get closer to him this way.

They didn't just talk, of course. The older really intended to help Tanaka with his studies and the younger seemed to be eager enough to learn. Although it was him, who mostly started the conversations. Like now.

"Ne, Nakamaru-senpai." Yuichi looked up from his book, turning his attention to him. "You lied, didn't you?" The younger grinned at him like he had him all figured out.

Yuichi raised his eyebrows. "About what?"

"About liking me." The older just frowned. "You just wanted to distract me, so your friend could spent time with Junno, ne?"

Maru smiled a bit. "That may be true, since you were rather protective after all."

"That's because I don't want anyone to hurt Junno." The grin was replaced with narrowed eyes.

"You shouldn't worry about that, you know. Ueda is a really nice guy and he seems to be pretty fond of your Junno." When Yuichi saw that the frown on Tanaka's face didn't disappear he grinned slightly. "Unless, of course, you're jealous."

"Huh?" The younger made a face. "Of course I'm jealous, Junno's my best friend after all."

"That's not what I meant, Tanaka-kun." Maru shook his head slightly. But it was enough for him to understand that Tanaka really saw Taguchi as just a friend. So he decided to carry on with his plan. Phase 1: Make him flustered. "I didn't lie, though. I really do like you." And yes, Yuichi really enjoyed the blush that appeared on Tanaka's face. "You don't believe me, Tanaka-kun?" he asked when the other just shook his head.

"Ah, K-Koki is okay." The younger stuttered and directed his gaze back to the book. He still could feel Yuichi's eyes on his face.

Maru grinned and leaned closer. "Koki then." He whispered into his ear, right before pressing his lips slightly against his cheek.

Tanaka yelped and jumped out of his chair. "Nakamaru-senpai!" he stared at him, wide eyed.

The older cocked his head to the side. "Yuichi's fine." He grinned.

"Y-Yuichi, why are you d-doing that?" Even the tips of Tanaka's ears were dark red by now and he was stuttering really hard.

Maru had to suppress a laugh. "I'm sorry, you were just so cute. I couldn't resist."

"C-cute?!" The younger widened his eyes and sat back down on the chair. "B-but, I'm a guy, y-you know?"

Yuichi frowned. "That's quiet obvious, don't you think?"

Tanaka blinked a few times. "So you're gay then?" he asked a bit awed.

"No."

"Huh?"

"I don't think I'm gay. I mean I don't like other guys and I had a few girlfriends." The older clarified. "You just kinda drew my interest." He smiled.

"B-but why?" Luckily, Tanaka was easily flustered and it relieved Yuichi that he didn't seem grossed out.

"I don't know. You were really overprotective of Taguchi-kun and even listened to him about the tutoring." When the younger just looked more confused, he continued "You act all tough around others but clearly you show another side towards him. I wanted to get to know that side. Wanted to see how you really are."

"How do you know that the side I show in school isn't the real me?" Tanaka asked sceptically.

Yuichi laughed softly. "You never show the fake side to your best friends, baka."

Annoyed, the younger crossed his arms over his chest. "Well, you don't even know me… and I don't know you."

"I know. That's why; go out with me." It wasn't even a question and Tanaka was about to protest but Maru cut him off. "I mean you like me, right? As a friend?" he asked hopefully and continued when Koki nodded slowly. "Then maybe you will like me even more after we get to know each other." He smiled, waiting for the answer. The younger didn't even know how hard his heart beat and how nervous he was on the inside. Please say yes, say yes, say yes…

"I don't know. We're both guys and…" Tanaka trailed off.

"Please, just think about it." Ah, not good, he sounded desperate. "Please." He tried his best smile and made a small victory dance inside when he saw another blush.

"Alright." The younger pointed a finger at him. "But no funny things!"

Relieved, Yuichi grinned. "Alright." Not until you ask me to, he thought.

---
  
"Huh?!" Ueda quickly covered his mouth with a hand to prevent his screeching. But seriously, "What kind of question is that?" he asked with widened eyes.

"It's a normal question, moron." The younger hissed but his face was already turning red of embarrassment.

What does it mean when you have a wet dream about someone? The hell, even Ueda should know the meaning of a wet dream. And why would he even ask Yuichi something like that. "Don't tell me…" he widened his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. "Uepi, you didn't tell me you were gay for me."  He joked, not even trying to suppress the grin.

Ueda slapped him across the head. "Not funny!" he sulked. "I'm serious here."

"Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist." Trying to calm himself, Maru breathed in deeply. "So, you never had a wet dream before?" he asked sceptically.

The younger blushed once more, but mumbled, "Not that I could remember."

Yuichi raised his eyebrows. "Not even about your ex?"

Ueda's head snapped up and he glared. "No! And don't mention her."

The older sighed. "You must really have the hots for that person. To have a wet dream, that is." He said quietly to prevent any eavesdroppers.

"Have the hots? You mean like… having a crush?" Ueda asked unsure.

"Yes, a crush." Yuichi rolled his eyes. His friend was too innocent for his own good. Then he remembered his own dream of last night and blushed deeply. Pale skin, dark hair, lean muscles and a deep voice mumbling his name. He cleared his throat and shook his head slightly. "Uh, you know. Like, dreams show things you didn't even realize yet. Someone you desire for example." He whispered, all the while thinking about one Tanaka Koki. Oh, he realized that he was in deep trouble already. And he loved every single second of it.

"So you say I might have a crush on that person." Ueda brought him back into the reality.

"Mhm, I guess so. Well?" When the younger just looked at him questioningly, he huffed. "Who is it?" The younger simply looked down at his plate, paying extra much attention to his food. "Tell mee." Yuichi whined. "Uepiii…"

---

It's been a month since Tanaka – no Koki – started to go out with him. Actually they pretty much just hung out and Yuichi felt that he was getting restless. He wanted to touch him, feel him, hold him, he wanted all of him.

But he didn't want to rush things. He could really have a chance. There were some moments. Like when they first went to a cinema and their hands brushed, Koki startled and blushed a shade of red that was even vivid in the dark room. Or he sometimes stole some of Maru's food when he though the older wasn't looking. Or he really often peeked at Maru and looked away as soon as their eyes met. Or…

"Hey, Yucchi." Yuichi startled when Koki suddenly walked into the classroom. Ah, or the nickname. Yucchi. That sounded like an endearment, right? Right?

"Ah, Koki. Hi." Oh no, he felt himself blush.

Tanaka looked at him questioningly. "Are you alright? You look kinda red."

"N-nothing. I'm fine." The older quickly sat down on his usual chair to hide his face.

Still, looking unconvinced Koki sat down in front of him. The lesson was rather quiet and soon the hour was over, so they stood up again and gathered their belongings. Yuichi always stayed behind to clean the classroom, so the younger went ahead to the door. But there he stopped and turned around again. On seeing that Maru still didn't look at him, he sighed.

"Ne, Yucchi." Surprised, the called looked up because Koki usually couldn't get out fast enough. The younger quickly passed the few feet between them and shortly pressed his lips against Yuichi's mouth. "Thank you." And with that he fled the room.

Stunned Yuichi sat down on the closest chair. Slowly he felt a grin taking over his face and he buried his head in his hands. He could feel his ear tips burn. "Thank you for what?"

---

Two days later it was Friday. After school, Yuichi waited for him at the school gate. He knew that Ueda's boy had an extra course so Koki would be alone. The moment he saw him, Maru noticed that something was wrong. The younger was frowning and glaring at every student that looked his way. "Koki? What's wrong?" But Tanaka just narrowed his eyes even more and went past him. Confused, Yuichi followed. "Ne, Koki…"

"Don't follow me!" He startled slightly at the harsh tone but kept on following.

"Koki, what's wrong?" he asked more persistent this time and grabbed the younger's arm.

Koki withdrew his hand quickly and turned around to glare at him. "Stop. Following me." He hissed but Maru wouldn't hear any of that. This time he grabbed both of his arms, holding him in place.

"What happened? Tell me." When the younger just struggled, looking stubbornly at the ground, Yuichi loosened his grip. "Please, tell me what's wrong." He pleaded quietly.

For a second he thought Koki would give in, but then he pushed him away and stepped back, leaning against the brick wall that surrounded the narrow street. "Stop that, would you." He said almost desperately. Worried Yuichi wanted to step closer but Koki held a hand in front of him, stopping him. "You don't have to pretend to like me anymore." He smirked coldly, all warmth leaving his eyes.

The older frowned. "What do you mean, pretend?"

The younger boy looked down again. "I warned him, you know. That he shouldn't trust you, I warned him."

Maru sighed, stepping back to lean against the opposite wall. "What are you talking about, Koki?" he asked, understanding nothing at all.

Koki glared at him, scoffing. "You and this Ueda guy. I warned Junno but he wouldn't listen to me and now he was hurt." Yuichi's eyes widened but before he could say anything Koki continued. "I really don't know what your goal was in this whole game but I will never forgive you – you or Ueda – for what you did to Junno." He shouldered his backpack and started to walk again, leaving Maru behind, frozen to the wall.

No, no this wouldn't end like this! Yuichi quickly ran after him, stopping him right before the narrow street ended. "Wait, Koki. I… I don't understand. What happened? What did Ueda do?" he asked, desperately trying to understand Koki's sudden cold attitude. It hurt him to see the anger in the younger's eyes.

Losing his patience Koki finally snapped, pushing Maru against the wall painfully. "Drop the act, Nakamaru. You should know when to stop." The older winced at the name, starting to lose hope.

He had been so happy these past few weeks, so happy that the younger liked him back and now? He cursed himself in his head when he started to tear up. He just liked the boy so much, he couldn't bear it if it would end because of a misunderstanding.

Okay, so honestly Yuichi cried a lot. Sure, at school he was always the calm, collected senpai but that was just an image. At home he cried while watching a sad dorama, or listened to a sad song. Hell, he even cried when he read a sad book but no one knew that about him. Not even Uepi.

So it was no wonder that Koki stepped back alarmed when he started to sob. "Y… Yucchi, what… Why are you crying now?" he asked trying to sound annoyed but truth be told he was kinda worried that he hit him too hard against the wall.

Blushing, Maru looked down and bit his lip. "Y… You know what? Fine, go. Go, leave me alone." He sniffed, trying to control his tears but failing miserably. His breath came in short, snatchy huffs and he crossed his arms over his chest, feeling exposed and embarrassed.

"Yucchi…"

"No. If you really think I am such a person, then go." The tears were still streaming down his face but he slowly started to control his breathing again. "Just leave me alone." Gosh, he never felt so embarrassed in his whole life. He buried his face in his hands and waited for the laughing.

But instead, he suddenly felt two arms around his body, pulling him close. "I'm sorry…" he heard the quiet apology and bit his lip again. No, just don't start crying again! "I'm sorry, Yucchi." Ah, damn it. Once again, he started to sob and wrapped his arms around Koki's waist. He could feel the younger's lips on his forehead and sighed relieved.

After a while, Maru pulled back, looking down to hide his face and to wipe the tears away with his sleeve. "Never mention this again, I dare you." He warned but his voice was too small and horse to sound intimidating.

Still, Koki nodded, looking guilty and ashamed. "Are you okay?" He asked hesitantly.

"No." Yuichi himself was surprised by the answer but the younger winced. "No, damn it, I am not okay. You stop talking to me and snap at me without telling me the reason, you smash me against a wall and suddenly hold me just because I start to cry. What the hell, I… I…" he took a deep breath and looked straight into Koki's guilty eyes. "I like you, Koki. I like you so, so much and that hurt." He confessed and Koki averted his eyes, looking like a scolded kid. "What happened?" Maru asked once again, hoping that he'll get his answer this time.

The younger didn't look up but offered his hand. He didn't look up when Yuichi didn't take it immediately either, just shook it slightly. Confused, Maru placed his palm into the younger's and Koki intertwined their fingers, tugging at his hand. Understanding, Maru let himself be led to the other's house and up to his room. Koki released his hand to close the door and turned around to look at him.

"Junno was really upset today and when I asked him what happened, he told me that Ueda stopped talking to him." Confused, Yuichi could only stare at him. "I… I don't know why I immediately thought you had something to do with this. I'm sorry about that. But there are kids that kind of want to harm Junno because he's different. I guess they find it funny to tease the 'silent freak'." He scoffed.

Beginning to understand, Maru nodded at him to continue. Koki took a deep breath. "I just… It was so sudden when Ueda started to show interest in Junno and then shortly after, you said that you like me and I was just so confused because I was so nervous around you…" When he started to lose his breath, Yuichi placed a hand on his arm to stop him.

Smiling slightly, he squeezed his arm a bit. "It's okay, I guess it was a bit sudden. But you have to believe me that I would never do something like that, Koki." When the younger nodded, he sighed in relieve. "And I really don't know what's up with Ueda, he's been weird over the last few days, but he's not such a person, either. I know him for years and he really seems to like your Taguchi." He smiled uneasily. "I guess he's just in denial, maybe?" he mused.

He could see the exact moment when Koki realized what he meant. His eyes widened and the tips of his ears turned a bright shade of red. "Y… You mean he has a crush on Junno? My Junno?" he asked a bit shocked.

Yuichi frowned. "Yes, I thought that was obvious." He mumbled. Was he really the only one who saw that? Not even Ueda realized it yet.

Suddenly Koki started to laugh. "You are so cute, Yucchi." He grinned and pecked the other's lips lightly. Maru could only stare at him with wide eyes. Just like that day in the classroom, he was awestruck by Koki's sudden actions.

The younger noticed his shocked expression and felt his heart start racing. That… hadn't been planned, it just kinda happened. But he liked it, so he decided to try something.    

Slowly, he lifted his hand and placed it on Yuichi's cheek, gently. Taken off guard, Maru only watched him with curious eyes, a warm feeling replacing the shock. Koki then placed his other hand on the elder's neck, leaning closer until mere inches were between them. Yuichi's breath hitched and his eyes fluttered shut. A content sigh escaped his throat when he felt the younger's lips on his own.

This time it was more than a peck. This time, Koki slowly massaged Maru's neck and worked his lips against the elder's. Yuichi soon closed his arms around his waist, pulling them closer and up and down his back. It was a sweet kiss - no tongue - just the feeling of their lips, meeting again and again. A loving kiss.

Maru was the first to pull away but he immediately buried his face in the younger's neck, hiding his grin. Koki stood frozen for a few seconds, wide eyes, shallow breathe. Damn, he had never felt this incredible in his whole life. Blinking, he started to lightly through Maru's hair, enjoying the feeling of his close body. But he knew he had to say something. "Yucchi." Maru pulled back slightly and smiled at him. "I… I like you, too." He stuttered, turning a crimson red.

Maru's smile widened, dazzling him, and the older boy placed a hearty kiss on his mouth, grinning at him.

---

The next Monday, Maru was ecstatic. Not only had he spent every second of his weekend with his boyfriend – yes, boyfriend – but in exactly one minute he would see him again. The second the bell rang, he shoved his books into his backpack and made his way to the door. Before he could make it out, he was stopped by Ueda. "Hey Maru, you wanna hang out today?" he asked.

Feeling slightly bad, because he felt that he neglected his best friend, he smiled apologetically. "Sorry, but I have to tutor, remember? Wait, aren't you meeting with Taguchi-san today?"

Ueda's eyes became wild at the question and Maru started to worry. Was it really so bad with them? "Uh, n-not today…" The older mumbled.

Seeing that he was uneasy, Maru decided not to push it. "Okay, I see…" Then he suddenly remembered something. "Oh yeah Ueda, I can't come over to your place this weekend."

"Why not? We were supposed to go check out the new movie." Ueda seemed more surprised than disappointed to Maru grinned cheekily.

"Hey when you got yourself a girlfriend, I happily canceled our plans, now that I have a boyfriend, you better happily do the same." he laughed.

"A boyfriend!?" Ueda suddenly called out. "Maru, you never told me that you were…gay."

"Gay?" Again this word, Maru mused. "Well…I don't think I'm gay, it's not like I'm interested in other guys. It's only him who I'm interested in." he smiled but shook his head slightly. "If that makes me gay, then I guess I am." When a thought hit him, he narrowed his eyes. "Why do you have something against it?" he asked uneasily.

Ueda quickly shook his hands in front of him. "N-no, but…when did it start and how did you…accept it?"

Yuichi thought about it. What was there to accept, exactly? If he was happy with Koki then why the hell not? "I just did." he simply answered, "At first I wanted to , but once I got a reaction I just couldn't stop. I guess I just fell in love." He widened his eyes for a second. Love? Y… Yeah, he really was in love with Koki. He felt a smile tuck on his mouth. "Before I knew it, I asked him out. He obviously tried to avoid it but at the end he agreed." He laughed, not – ever – mentioning the crying part. Way to embarrassing. A glance at his watch showed him that he was slightly late, so he hurriedly shouldered his backpack. "Well I should get going. Koki's waiting." Turning, he laughed at Ueda's shocked expression. His friend probably didn't imagine it to be Koki.