Why Henry doesn't Swim

Why Henry doesn't Swim (One Shot)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

       Gasping for breath, he frantically searched for something, anything, to grab onto. His lungs were burning from the water that had suddenly replaced his oxygen supply. He flapped his arms and legs recklessly and tried to look around, only to find the ominous blue water he was inhaling. His head started to spin and finally, everything went black.

     

       Henry shot up in bed, gasping for breath. He could hear his heart pounding in his ears. He looked around his dimly lit room; it was early morning, the sun was just coming up over the horizon, causing the long white curtains on the window to glow. After realizing it was only a dream, he started to take deep breaths to calm himself down before he slowly sank back down into his warm bed and drifted back to another restless sleep.

“Henry, if you don’t get your lazy out of bed in five minutes I’m getting Sungmin hyung!” Zhou Mi yelled as he smacked his dongsaeng with a pillow.

“Go away…” Henry grumbled from underneath his covers.

“Alright then…you leave me no choice,” Zhou Mi said solemnly before throwing the pillow on the floor dramatically and walking out of the room. Groaning, Henry pushed himself up so he was sitting on his bed, his back to the wall and covers still hanging over his head. He sat there for a moment before he heard the door to the bedroom squeak on its hinges.

“There he is…” he heard Zhou Mi say quietly. Sighing, he turned around to see Zhou Mi standing with his head down and Sungmin standing next to him, hands on his hips and a wild glint in his otherwise serious eyes.

“Hyungs, seriously, this is stupid, can’t you see I’m already—oomf!” Henry was suddenly tackled by Sungmin and pinned down on his back.

“Hyung!” Henry yelled as Sungmin pinched his fluffy cheeks. Henry barely caught the knowing glance exchanged between his two hyungs before Zhou Mi walked over to the dresser. Knowing all too well what his hyung was after, Henry quickly tried to get out of Sungmin’s grasp, but to no avail. Suddenly, Sungmin opened his mouth and Zhou Mi poured water into it. Once the water bottle was empty, Sungmin quickly stood up and, along with Zhou Mi, spit all the water from his mouth onto the helpless maknae.

“Hyung! That’s disgusting!” Henry shrieked, dripping wet from water and saliva.

“I think he’s awake now,” Zhou Mi smiled.

“Yep, Henry, get ready to leave, we’re all going to the bay!” Sungmin announced.

“Oh, awesome,” Henry smiled from ear to ear before he quickly ran to his dresser and took out clean clothes.

“We’re leaving in half an hour, with or without you,” Zhou Mi called as he and Sungmin left the room.

      

       Finally, after taking a long, warm shower, Henry emerged from the bathroom, only to find a crazed looking Donghae standing in front of him.

“Hey hyung, what’s—”

“Henry, you took fifteen minutes in the shower and ten doing your hair! Do you think we have all day? Do you think the bay is going to wait for us? No! It’s not! Hurry and change into your swim trunks!” Donghae yelled as he pushed Henry into his room and shut the door. Sighing and shaking his head, Henry walked over to his dresser and grabbed his swim trunks.

 

       Henry sat on the soft yellow sand on the bay, slowly picking up the sand and letting it slip through his fingers. All of his other hyungs had gone into the water, splashing and playing about. Henry had told them he wasn’t feeling well, so he was going to stay on land. Sadly, he felt fine, actually, he couldn’t have felt better, but he didn’t want to tell his hyungs the real reason he didn’t want to play in the water. He didn’t know how to swim. He knew he should have learned, but when he was younger, he wanted to play ball with his friends, not take swimming lessons. Now he regretted it. He wanted so badly to go down to the water to play along with his hyungs, but the constant worry of being pushed in when he was too deep, or falling off a sudden drop off kept him from enjoying the water.

“Henry! You should come out, the water feels great!” Zhou Mi yelled as he and Leeteuk ran up and threw themselves down on the blanket next to him.

“Hey, you’re getting the blanket wet, yuck!” Henry complained, trying to avoid their invitation.

“So, if you come out and join us it won’t matter,” Leeteuk smirked. Henry rolled his eyes and was about to reply when a strong pair of arms lifted him off the blanket and onto a shoulder.

“You are going in the water, weather you like it or not,” Siwon said as he started

Please log in to read the full chapter