This is how it is

How It All Started

She’s running, late for her interview. The third this month, total twenty four this year and still counting. She’s silently cursed her damned alarm clocked on her mind.

 

She gripped her handbag tightly, losing her breath. She suddenly stops; the building she intends to go is right in front of her eyes. Panting, she slowly enters the front door and heading to the reception desk.

 

“Excuse me, I am Lee Sungkyu, I am here for an interview.” She said as soon she reaches her, oblivious of a man standing there.

 

Thelady cast an annoying look, and asks her to wait before reach the phone to confirm something. She catches the lady eyeing her ups and down, she looks down at herself.

 

Her attire seems okay, she wear them to her every interview since her nth interviewer praised her for it.Still she tidying herself, hand combing her hair just to makes sure she’s at least presentable. The lady put down the phone and tosses the visitor pass to her.

 

She can’t help but think that the receptionists are indeed so rude. Still she say thank you in gratitude. She walks to the elevator and pinned down the visitor pass to her blouse while waiting.

 

“Hey, you left something at the counter.” She turns to the man beside her. The man doesn’t even look at her. She looks back at the receptionist to see her waving her yellow file at her. She quickly walked and secures it under her arms.

 

Shes heard the ‘ding’ sound of elevator and slipped in just in time. It’s just her and the man.

 

“You really are in a mess, Lee Sungkyu.” It’s enough that she started her day at the wrong side of bed. She doesn’t need people to remind her every here and there.

 

“It’s rude to look at someone belonging without permission,” she said without even glancing to the man. She lost her ability to smile for the rest of the day.

 

“Well, that’s necessary to know who the owner is,” he said.

 

“Well, that’s just rude,” she replies, eyeing him with the corner of her eyes.

 

“Well, you’re late,” he said. She chuckled. Whatever. But she knows that it’s true that she can’t say anything.

 

“The company will not hire people who come late for the interview,” he said again.

 

The elevator opens before she could come out with something.

 

“Good luck,” he said before goes out. She growled. She does really need luck. She leans on the elevator and let out a sigh. Life is being too harsh on her recently.

 

She lost count of things in her life that went wrong. She broke up with her boyfriend of 3 years for cheating up on her, she have to work part time to pay for her college fees, and moving from her comfortable flat to a room, for she doesn’t have enough money to cover up for her expenses anymore.

 

She graduated a year ago and still hunting for job. Her friends kept bragging to her how wonderful their life are and she have to keep her sweet smile while wondering if her ‘friends’ ever gave any second thought of her condition. She uses all lies she ever knew if they were to call and ask her out, even Google them if she ran out of ideas.

 

Like she’s been cursed, that she doesn’t think there’s any hope to succeed in everything she do. She’s at the verge of breaking down any moment. There is only little hope for her to continue her life.

 

She walked out and head to the interview venue. Taking her number and wait for her turn. She can feel all eyes are on her but she play dumb. Too tired to warn them she’s not the one to mess with. She was a fighter, but the fire inside her now is flickering, waiting to burn off.

 

She watches the candidates going in and out from the interview room. Soon, only two of them left, waiting for their turn. Sungkyu steals a glance to the candidate sitting two chairs beside her. The girl is really pretty, that she thinks that she wouldn’t think twice to hire her.

 

The pretty girl suddenly looks at her and smiles. Sungkyu couldn’t help but smile back at the girl, her first smile for today. She can feel that her smiles are sincere.

 

“All the best,” she said when its ‘pretty girl’ turn to enter. The girl nodded.

 

Sungkyu waits patiently for her turn. She’s usually nervous to go to any interview, but after experiencing 24 failed interview, she’s can sleep well at night before.

 

She saw pretty girl went out from the interview room and quickly stand up.

 

“Fighting!” Pretty Girl still manages to cheer her up. She pushes the door and goes in. There are two interviewers, a woman and a man. She sits even before the interviewers ask her so.

 

“Good morning, I am Lee Sungkyu, 23 years old, majoring in HR and graduated a year ago,” she speaks before they even ask. She knows that is the standard question that they will ask.

 

“Lee Sungkyu-sshi, what will you do for the company if you were accepted to work here?” the woman ask. She looks straight at the woman eyes, feeling so sick of the expectation the world ask from her.

 

“I will work hard and learn as much as I can to support the company goals and..,” her eyes wander to the man. He is such a sight; she never thought that any man could look this gorgeous in business suit. She lost her tongue.

 

“..and?” the man lean her chest on the desk. Then it hit her. Sitting on the interviewer chair, is the man she met at the elevator, she is sure of it, since she watch him smirking at her, mocking her.

 

Her eyes wandered to the placard in front of his desk. She reads, CEO of Stein co.She gulped down.

 

“..and?” the woman ask her since she stops talking. Adding pressure to her already mess mind. She turns to look at her, and back to the man again.

 

“And I will not be late to work, Song Joongki-sshi.”

 

::::

 

My name is Lee Sungkyu and I am 29 years old. I am married with two kids. And I am a fulltime housewife since a year ago; determine to raise my own child, and giving up my position for there are important things in life besideshaving a career.

 

My husband agrees to my decision even though he still whining every now and then saying that I abandoning him for the kids now. He just not used to the fact that I am not his secretary anymore. I work as his secretary for 5 years.

 

He was such a hateful person but that what makes me love him even more. He reminds me of what I am, and revive the bit of my life that left. I would say I hate my life back then, but then, that’s how it all started.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

me.note : How it all started : to my bff(u know who u are), instead of listening, wrote this for u, when u feeling down. T.T

To reader(s), thanx for reading ^^. Well, rewatching Running Man and the idea of Joongki and Sunny being together, KYAAAAH! i ship them.

16/10-reupload